What was your best flashlight of 2015

No question, even though I didn’t get to keep it.

Wow, what is that?

Missed this 1st time around I think.

If the clip was more ornate, I’d think it was a Steam-Punk Prop!

Cheers,
S-L :slight_smile:

502b, wooden sleeve, heatsink-fin head extender…
:nerd_face:

my latest convoy s2 with 18350 tube blf driver and xpl hi smooth reflector
great little pocket rocket.

Good choice. Powerful allrounder. The best light.

In 2015 I bought several flashlights; what you see in the picture, for me, I was the best:
2 x Manker “Torch Club”, robust, reliable.
5 x Ultrafire C8, body a bit heavier than normal C8 (187grammi without battery); Bezel steel. Two of these C8 have reflector longer: ~42X36 SMO (normally ~42x32)

Best stock Maxtoch BLF M24 SNIPER

Best modified Yezl Y3 w/extension (2x26650)), resistor mod, dedomed XM-L2 U4 1C & UCLp lens. Minor machine work for focus.

Niteye MS-R25 and MS-R28

EagleTac DX30LC2 neutral. My EDC now; it has dethroned my JetBeam RRT0 XML that had been for 3 yrs.

The BLF Manker A6. Hands down, my favorite light of 2015. I take that back. After 115 plus lights, it is by a wide margin, my favorite light.

It is EDC perfection. from the deep-carry pocket clip to Toykeeper’s perfect UI, there isn’t anything not to love.

Thanks again to everyone who made that happen.

Yep, this is mine too. More specifically the XP-L HI CW version. Such a great light.

The Zebralight SC5w is my favourite light I bought last year. I’m a fan of AA lights and Eneloops, so this light is a perfect match! It’s not quite as easy to EDC as my SC52’s, but I love the flat regulated 500 lumen output on a single AA Eneloop. Despite its larger size than the SC52, it’s still pretty small, and the extra width makes it a bit easier to hold.

My RMM Supfire M6, its very bright and creates a wall of light.

Manker T01. It’s not a jack of all trades, it doesn’t live in my pocket, it doesn’t get used everyday. It’s a specific tool for a specific job. But I look forward to using it. And I look for excuses to use it - taking the long way round to justify taking it. A really pleasant surprise to use.

Cometa zoomie
Cooyoo Quantum in SS
Ultratac K18

XinTD C8

Bought from Mtn. Electronics and couldn’t be happier with my first real thrower. Quality build and classy C8 body.

Best flashlight of 2015:

Noctigon Meteor.

T6VN spec 1. I love this high output thrower. It’s smaller than say TM16 and has a very “wieldy” feel, yet gets 5,500 lumens with a nice slightly golden neutral tint. 1300 meters of throw. This light has driver VN2 which is a fairly straight forward programmable driver with lots of options for UI. It can run 5 minutes straight on turbo without getting too hot to hold and battery life in general is very good. When using high drain cells, after about 1.5 hours on time (with cooling) it still hangs around 4000 lumens. Sadly, the light is now discontinued. With skills, one could always make up their own.
OOPS WRONG YEAR THIS 2016

Looking back to 2015, my best purchases were:

Fenix E35UE. Awesome floody light, no need for me to replace it yet here in 2016.

Bushnell TRKR - 125L. Nice little 1AA. I strongly suspect its the same driver and head as the bigger 2AA version. I run it with cheap non-IMR 14500 cells with no problem. Its about ~225L OTF with the 14500, and draws about 1.25A. Not the brightest light but I bought it for its red LEDs, and its really inefficient for some reason.

Kaidomain has the T6 for about $80 (use code BLF to reduce a bit as well) by the way.