What was your first multi-LED light?

Uniquefire UF-V10-4 or: SkyRay King with 4 XM-L2 short after they came out

Do you count those shower-style lights with a ton of 3 or 5 mm LEDs crammed into them? Because one of those was my first multi-emitter light.

… CU Mac’s Tri EDC …

… Vintage 2012 …

I wasn’t fan of multi LED lights at first, so my first one was Astrolux S41.
After that BLF Q8, Sofirn C8F, Sofirn C8F4 (version with side switch) and I have S41S in mail…

I started to like them, and my next purchase will be Emisar D4 :slight_smile:

A self made triple, does that count?

Triple 219c 5000K running bistro (8x 7135)

BTU Shocker.

Review:

There were rumors of a Super Shocker replacement, but it never happened unless a halogen flashlight was it.

This flashlight taught me how important balance was, along with good positioning for the control. That led to a Supbeam X60 that was much better in most ways.

I remember those. Its too bad the XP emitters are so drastically physically different than the old XRs. The XPG pretty much obsoleted XRE and all the XRE based hosts…. bummers.

It will be the Emisar D4.

SkyRay King 3 x XM-L from Wallbuy, beginning 2013

Sunk in the South Atlantic

same as you OP the old Innova x5, the old original model with the grooves not the newer non grooved body.

My first was the TM26. Although it is a somewhat narrow beam it is basically a wall of light. My latest is the BLF-Q8 which is brighter than the TM26 and a fraction of the cost (and its ramping interface is to die for.)

My first multi emitter, a Supbeam X60…from a BLF Group Buy…https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28305…![](https://s19.postimg.org/hsyf1pvdv/PART_1520548035279.jpg)

Ended up with 2 all together at the end of it…… :wink:

Actually my first multi LED light was this one.

It was a nice light for it’s time, and actually threw pretty good. But we have come so far since way back then.
Here is another shot showing scale.

However, that is not really what is being asked by the OP.
This is what I think he is asking about. For me it was the TrustFire TR-3T6. Triple XM-L and at the time was a very decent performer. As always, there were good iterations of this light and bad ones. Mine was only so-so and I wasn’t all that impressed with the output. I had higher expectations.

My only multi-LED light is my Astrolux S41.

Probably early 2000’s I bought an led dropin for a AA mini maglite, it was 3 blue tinted 3mm or 5mm emitters. By today’s standards it is not particularly good but at the time I was really happy with it. I still have it, somewhere.

Mine was the Emisar D4 :blush: (I suppose those 3*AAA lights with 9 leds are not in this category :smiley: :smiling_imp: )
Some triple builds followed it, but I don’t have lights with more than 4 emitters so far!

Sept 2010, a kerberos triple XP-G R4 P60 drop-in for 130$…wasn’t “budget” :cry:

Trustfire TR3-T6. For the time, it was impressive.

Lots of interesting flashlights indeed, even the older models :slight_smile: I almost pulled the trigger on the BLF Q8, but still waiting if some other interesting multi LED offer comes out… Currently having the Niwalker MM18JR on my radar, decisions, decisions :person_facepalming:

^ This.

I just got a Q8 last week and it is an impressive light. It’s not just the amount of light it produces but also the UI, and don’t forget the community input and mod discussion that goes with it.