What would you do with this Pelican?

My Pelican took the 123's, and I was told this drop in would fit just fine. Of course, it doesnt :( Anyone know where I can get a true drop in ?

Standard P60 dropins will work with the Pelican M6, but you have to remove the big spring on them, and you need to wrap them in alum or copper foil to get a decent contact with the body to dissipate heat.

The drop in actually hits on the aluminum and I can not it to turn on. I did remove the spring. I will try the wrap tomorrow and try adding a picture. Thanks for the advice.

On the M6 you should only be removing the bezel, not the entire head. You need to leave the small (+?) spring in place to make contact with the top of the upper battery, Just the big spring that you find on most dropins needs to be removed. The dropin will still be pretty loose in the head of the light, so the foil helps keep it centered as well as drawing away the heat.

I ended up putting an XP-G from S/F in mine with a smooth reflector. Since I can only use cr123's, I didn't want to draw a lot of power and have to replace them all the time.

One other trick; Remove the bezel, and loosen the head a couple of turns, but do not remove it. When you put in the dropin, and have it nice and centered with foil (make sure foil is not making contact with top of battery or small spring, it's why I like copper strips) tighten down the bezel all the way. Then tighten down the head until your light works. You may not be able to tighten it all the way, but with the double-o-ring, the light will stilll look great.