What you got today

I got a lens, 2 reflectors, and 10 lanyards for around $10 from AliExpress.

I’m only posting since they came in 11 days!!! From China to my home in the USA using the cheap shipping (Cainiao Super Economy Global). That’s amazing. Usually it takes a month or more.

Nothing :frowning_face:

You have more money in your pocket than if you bought a flashlight.
These days every dollar counts.

I need another incandescent Maglite like I need another hole in my head, but this was at the thrift store with working batteries and bulb. So, I parted with $2 for no good reason.

3 Thanks

Technically I didn’t get it today, but yesterday I recieved my Convoy L21B with SFT-40. My first impressions are really positive! Based on pictures I saw before ordering, it wasn’t a big fan of how it looked, but I bought it for its performance anyway. I have to say that when I saw it in real life that I like its looks/design way better!

I also recieved something today though: my Sofirn H25S (with included 2200mAh 18650), which I managed to buy for € 11,33 (including tax and shipping)!
I’m thinking of maybe swapping the emitters (2x SST-40 6500K) in the future, but because of the “custom” MCPCB, I’m stuck at the 5050 footprint. The new Cree XHP50.3 (High CRI) look promising, but prices of those are still a bit high and given the fact that I need to swap 2 emitters, I will wait a while to see if they drop in price a bit or if I can find another nice 5050 LED.

1 Thank

High CRI XHP50.3 are only available in 6V/12V no 3V. So, you’d need a boost driver.

Or, you could get some of these 3535 to 5050 DTP adapters.

1 Thank

Technically, I don’t get to keep them until father’s day, but my Convoy S21E with a 4000K XHP 50.3 HI R9050 and an M21F sporting a 4000K XHP70.3 HI R9050.

1 Thank

Yeah, that’s true, forgot about high CRI only for 6V/12V versions. I will keep it “as is” for now anyway and will keep an eye out for what ‘pops up’ in the future. I’m not in a hurry anyway.

Good tip on the adapters though, didn’t know they exist!

Monday I ordered some Vapcell H10 Flat Tops and some clear 18650 wraps from illumn.com. They shipped from CA on Monday and arrived at my house in South Florida today. Can’t ask for better than that.

Good deal!

1 Thank

I recieved multiple orders from Aliexpress today (in one shipment).

I got a Sofirn HS10 2700K, which I managed to get for € 9,69 (including tax and shipping), which was a really solid deal (in my opinion). I would’ve preferred the 4000K, but only the 2700K was on sale. It’s my first sub-4000K flashlight/headlamp, so in a way that’s fun too. (And for this price I can always do a LED swap and it would still be a good deal!)

I also got an holster from Convoy, for my L21B and Astrolux FT03. I really like the build quality (and looks) of the Convoy holsters!

Also recieved 3 LED’s (from Convoy and Kaidomain). A 519A 4000K, which will go into an S2+ 18350 build, a SFQ65 (going in a regular Convoy S2+, combined with a BLF A6/A17DD-L driver) and a SFN40 LED to go into my FT03.

The green one is the one that arrived a couple of days ago, but when the better half asks for a warmer version of my highly prized B35AM S21A, I don’t ask any questions, I place an order. Now we have his-and-hers (4500K and 2700K) lights.

5 Thanks

Wow, that green and purple and orange look good together! :+1:

2 Thanks

Got a new lantern, Klarus CL3, it’s nice but i thought you could just unscrew the top and throw an 18650 but no it’s a built-in 18650 :skull:

Warm 1300K

Neutral 2700K

Cold white 4000K

OFF

I didn’t exactly recieve them (literally), but in the past couple of days.

The first one is a nice addition to headlight/headlamp collection; I managed to get (a black) Wurkkos HD15 (with included battery) for € 22,77, which was a good price in my opinion. (Remember: you now have to pay tax for items from Aliexpress, so they tend to be slightly more expensive than people buying from the US.

So far I’m really happy with it: is has a bit of a floody beam/wide hotspot, which makes it also way more practical for close up work (for example: within arms length). It also has a lovely cleam (5000K) beam, without any tint shift or artefacts and no noticeable green (on lower settings) even though it uses an LH351D led!

My other purchase was a Mateminco FT01, which was/is(?) currently a flashdeal on Banggood, but with a coupon from FIN17, it was even a few euros cheaper. (I believe it came down to just under € 20,-, including shipping and EU taxes.)
I’m mainly planning to use it als a small decorative light, with the included stand and diffuser.
There is only one big downside: the used SFQ43 led in 3000k LOOKS HORRIBLE! Instead of it being a warm white, it is really yellow, but above all: It has an incredible (uniform) ugly green tint/hue over it, regardless if you run in with little power or a lot.
This is the most ugly led that I’ve come across within my collection so far and I’m definitely going to swap it out for another led, probably a 3000k or 4000k 519A. (Fortunately the bezel isn’t glued, so you can easily twist it of and an emitter swap and a reflow on the original MCPCB should be quite an easy job!

Yesterday I also recieved a cheap “Chinese” no-name flashlight, which on paper looked potentially very interesting (no zoomy, TIR lens, no blink/strobe/SOS in the UI, built in USB-C charging and it came with a 16340 650mAh battery (which according to my first discharge test came up to 791mAh!).
I expected way worse (which is generally the case with cheap chinese lights), but I was pleasently surprised about the quality/features for this pricepoint!

I’m thinking of doing a (small) review about it, including some photos and extra information about it, which I haven’t mentioned yet in the things I mentioned above. It might not be the perfect (cheap) host, mainly because of the driver being press-fit (and maybe glued), so a driver swap might be a bit difficult, but a LED swap should be fairly straight forward.

I paid € 6,65 for it, with an included 16340 (650mAh) battery (and simple UI: High-Med-Low), so it could be a nice and cheap flashlight to throw in your car/glove box and maybe some others scatered around the house!

Since the colors will soon be gone I just had to go for them. That brings me up to four total. I just love these little lights.

I’ve had the MAO for quite sometime and always wanted a red one. Not a fan of the green anno, so got black and silver to round things out.

Some Baton clips to bring it all together and I now have a happy little TS10 family.

1 Thank

Not sure what I’m thinking but so far so good.

1 Thank

Today I recieved two impulse buys from a few weeks ago: A Sofirn SC33 (XHP-70 HI) and an SC31 Pro.

Both were on sale on Aliexpress The SC33 without battery for something like € 26,65 (including EU taxes) and roughly € 30,35 with the included 21700 mAh battery. The SC31 Pro was about € 16,64 (again, with the included EU tax). Both were deals I haven’t seen for a (EU) price this cheaply.

Since I couldn’t decide which of teh SC31 more, the green or the blue variant, I also (impulsively) bought a blue SC31 Pro in blue… I will decide which I like more when I recieved both!

shitty photo of my TS10, Tits with silver clip