What you got today

3 Thanks

I think its one of the nicest looking lights. Looks like a piece of jewelry.

2 Thanks

1 Thank

The Vapcells came with authentication codes and they were legit. Does anyone know how to check the Molicel and the Sanyo NCR18650GA for fakes?

1 Thank

Just buy them from a reputable store and not worry about them being fake. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have a charger that has a test mode, you could check to see about how many mAh they have. Anything significantly lower would indicate a fake.

You can also compare them to other tests people have posted. Here’s a test on the Sanyo NCR18650GA: Test/Review of Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mAh (Red)

5 Thanks

Completely agree with this advice.

It can be hard to spot fakes of the popular cells, additionally, you could receive “real” cells with bad performance/ specifications (“B-grade”) from dubious retailers.

Novatac 120P, Factory Unlocked w 4 Programmable modes. A 16 year old relic from the days when 120 lumens was blazingly bright and Cool White w Low CRI was the norm:

This is a first generation light built in Tucson around 2008. The lowest mode measures 0.08 lumens, the maximum is 82 lumens. None of my Novatacs have ever actually produced 120 lumens with the stock LED, despite the specifications making that claim. Still a great little host with built in LVP for LiIon, plus the ability to use CR123a.

3 Thanks

New Light Day. Emisar D4K.

Specs:
519a 5700k Dedomed LEDs.
Stock optic.
Deep carry clip
RGB button
No boost driver
Magnetic tail cap
Powered by Molicel P45B.

Just got this. Haven’t had a chance to use it in real dark yet, but will tonight. I chose the 519a emitters as from I understand they are high-CRI and still very bright. I chose to have them dedomed as, per my understanding, this would narrow the beam a bit and give it a little more throw, not that I was trying for a lot of throw with this. Just wanted a decent combination of throw and flood.

So far I like it quite a bit. It’s smaller than I thought it would be, being a 21700 light. It fits in my pocket better and carries easier than my Sofirn IF25a. The tint is pretty nice. It looks a good bit warmer than 5700k, but that is to be expected with dedomed emitters.

1 Thank

On “markplaats.nl” (Dutch classified advertisements website) I found a Lumapower D-mini digital SE, and it came in almost perfect condition. Just the box showed some signs from being stored a very long time.
Now principally I don’t like to tinker with rare items that somehow survived time, and I’m certainly not planning to replace it’s innards. With one exception.
Since the “digital” versions are capable to handle 4.2V, I’ve decided to ream the bore to accommodate 18350 cells. Which will cost me a bit of elbow grease and certainly some blisters on my hands.

EDIT: The decision to widen the tube was made while cleaning/inspecting the light (I always do that, even with new lights). Because CR123A’s are criminally expensive over here, and I don’t own any 16340 cells, and the inner diameter of the tube is 17.25mm, I started working on that immediately. Without taking any “before” pictures. Do you want to know more about this light? HERE is a link to a review by @selfbuilt . My light is a little bit newer that the one he reviewed: it has a Q5 emitter.

Wow, that brings back memories - the original pocket thrower! I remember taking that light on a rainforest trip (carry-on only, so weight was defining issue).

Glad you have found a way to bring new life into it!

P.S.: My current favourite pocket-thrower these days is the Emisar D1.

2 Thanks

Outstanding mod by INeedMoreLumens

2 Thanks

A very kind person made me an offer I could not refuse… lol

its a real beauty! :wink:

2 Thanks

A beauty indeed! :+1:

Your pics look rosier than what your chart shows.

true

some guesses of possible reason

it could be the photo looks rosier, due to the ambient light it is contrasting with… the sky is overcast bright white. The Opple says the DUV of the ambient light is quite high, 0.0077, and the CCT 5700K… that may be affecting how the iPhone sees the tint and cct of the light, comparing it to ambient as the baseline auto white balance and tint balance… not sure…

the beam color, despite the slight positive duv, makes me wonder if its the warmth of the LED rather than its DUV, that is making the beam look so rich in reds… just guesses…

not exact science, but good colorful fun :wink:

1 Thank

Today I recieved my Astrolux FT03S with the SFH55 LED. Unfortunatly the blue variant was sold out, so I opted for the green variant over the standard black. (I’ve already got a regular FT03 in black.)

It’s my first (and so far only) light with the SFH55 LED and so far it’s really impressive! (On paper) it’s my strongest ‘single-LED’ flashlight.

Given that it already has double springs on both sides, I’m not sure it’s worth doing a (18 AWG) spring bypass, but maybe it’s worth changing the driver wires (to 18 AWG), since they seem to be a bit ‘smaller’.

For now I’m happy though, with this floody, but impressive, thrower!

4 Thanks

Pre ordered today. Nitecore MT2C Pro.

:heart: … The Simplicity.

1 Thank

1 Thank

They’re an awesome light- I picked up a blue one a few months back off AliExpress. The light output isn’t as cold as I was expecting either.