What you got today

Don how did that pass through customs?

The blade is under an inch long. AFAIK, it is perfectly legal here.

There were also 3 wire saws in the packet so maybe the X-Ray machines didn't notice the blade shape.

LOL, "flick knives" are verboten but push daggers (that don't really have any legitimate use but make superb knives even in the hands of an unskilled and untrained fighter) are legal? I knew weapon laws in the UK were a bit of a joke but jeez.

Oh, and I got some protected 16340s I ordered from DD in January. The description said unprotected but the pictures showed protected so I figured I'd go ahead and play the lottery. Now I need some more lights that actually take 16340s. It's a vicious cycle... :D

Skilhunt Ramble AAA Cree R5 from DX

EOSlamp SP11 XP-E R3 from intl-outdoor.com

please could you review them on BLF? :)

not many people have these!

Just got this from Mr.BrightLights (thx for the super fast shipping! will definitely deal again)

Initial test on my PVC LMD yields 21, 210 & 640 lux (lumens). Again, I'm not claiming accuracy but I think those are very realisitc numbers. Overall fit and finish is OK, too bad the fins doesn't match rest of the light. Nice neutral color (although slightly warmer than I prefer BUT it's by no means warm either). Fits nicely in the hand. I'll try to get to a full review in the coming weeks but Foy has already put up an excellent one on a Stone White (which I have incoming as well).

Also got four MOLI18650B bats (thx again for the heads up viktori!). On the charger now and will conduct some runtime testing (and whenever I get my hobby charger set up, some discharge testing). If these hold up, they'll be awesome bang for the buck!

EDIT: Also got this a few days back and already putting to good use:

I used to have a 120V clip on fan but it was noisy and likely nowhere near as energy efficient as this little USB gem. It's got a 4 port hub to boot. Has already brought some sanity and peace/quiet while I'm conducting runtime testing for Turbo/High modes and is also great for visualizing PWM effect when you dial it down to low speed.

Finally got the Brynite PD03B which I ordered on 7th Jan. Also another one of these brilliant little angle lights: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190555132551?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

what a long wait!!

please share your experience with the PD03B, thanks!!

( actual runtimes would be of interest, and 10440-length compatibility )

Yesterday I got my second Tank007 E09 from DinoDirect. The first one was dead on arrival, but DD was kind enough to send a second one. This is my first (working) AAA keychain flashlight, and I like it a lot. So far my only complaint is that the flashlight always turns on in the next mode. (see kreisler's comment below)

My original order was way back on January 5th. I have now received everything that I have ordered from DD, so I am once again pleased with The Dino. My other flashlight in the order was a Romisen RC-T601, and it has memory issues. Why don't all flashlight manufacturers make flashlights with proper memory? That's my biggest pet peeve right now.

yesterday i commented on the memory function of the E09 in my review. the current mode (e.g. MED) is only memorized if you leave it on for several seconds (e.g. 5-10 seconds) in this mode. then you when you turn it off and (after 1 sec, or 1 day, doesnt matter!) turn it back on, it will be back on MED. The memory function really works well on my samples.

Kreisler, you're right!

All it took for my E09 was two full seconds. Less than 2 seconds, it goes to the next mode.

I clearly had no patience when I was playing with "testing" the flashlight earlier. ;)

The E09 is a well-known torch, the only gripe is the beauty of its beam profile. Please would you be so kind and describe the beam pattern of your sample (size of hotspot, artifacts, symmetry, corona, tint)? And is the former DOA sample still in your possession?, then --> Feel free to unseal its (dead) head (2-part as you know) and then fire off an Eneloop again. I am assuming that it was DOA only because of the short circuit caused by the reflector. Once you take off the reflector, light will flash hopefully. This is great man, now you have spare parts for your working E09 (glass lens, body, ..etc)

those who buy fluke dmm, change out the batteries that comes with your DMM! the duracell that comes with my 287 leak even they are not abused.

I put eneloops in my 189. I'll be sure to do the same when my 289 arrives

raccoon city wrote: [quote=raccoon city] Yesterday I got my second Tank007 E09 from DinoDirect. [/quote]

Today i got my fourth Tank007 E09 copy from DinoDirect.

I got 8 Turnigy LSD AA NiMH batteries from Hobby King. They were free after using some store credits, but I still had to pay $5.99 shipping. I plan on testing them out for long term discharge over the next year.

2 NW xm-l, 2 8x7135 drivers from cnquality goods. Ordered 27 Feb, got today (13 Mar) to the UK. Not bad turnaround time. Now to find time to whip out my soldering iron...

Finally got a UniqueFire X8 from DD. $26 with coupons. Hard to pass that deal up. Batteries wobble around just a little. Throws really well. LED is centered nicely. Looks just like my old Trustfire.

Got my grey L2P today! Can anyone recommend some grease I can buy in the UK? The threads seem dry.

Got some lame-ass Trustfire 3000´s from Manafont.

Was too eager to get some quality since first two were the right stuff, Wrong!