What you got today

yesterday i commented on the memory function of the E09 in my review. the current mode (e.g. MED) is only memorized if you leave it on for several seconds (e.g. 5-10 seconds) in this mode. then you when you turn it off and (after 1 sec, or 1 day, doesnt matter!) turn it back on, it will be back on MED. The memory function really works well on my samples.

Kreisler, you're right!

All it took for my E09 was two full seconds. Less than 2 seconds, it goes to the next mode.

I clearly had no patience when I was playing with "testing" the flashlight earlier. ;)

The E09 is a well-known torch, the only gripe is the beauty of its beam profile. Please would you be so kind and describe the beam pattern of your sample (size of hotspot, artifacts, symmetry, corona, tint)? And is the former DOA sample still in your possession?, then --> Feel free to unseal its (dead) head (2-part as you know) and then fire off an Eneloop again. I am assuming that it was DOA only because of the short circuit caused by the reflector. Once you take off the reflector, light will flash hopefully. This is great man, now you have spare parts for your working E09 (glass lens, body, ..etc)

those who buy fluke dmm, change out the batteries that comes with your DMM! the duracell that comes with my 287 leak even they are not abused.

I put eneloops in my 189. I'll be sure to do the same when my 289 arrives

raccoon city wrote: [quote=raccoon city] Yesterday I got my second Tank007 E09 from DinoDirect. [/quote]

Today i got my fourth Tank007 E09 copy from DinoDirect.

I got 8 Turnigy LSD AA NiMH batteries from Hobby King. They were free after using some store credits, but I still had to pay $5.99 shipping. I plan on testing them out for long term discharge over the next year.

2 NW xm-l, 2 8x7135 drivers from cnquality goods. Ordered 27 Feb, got today (13 Mar) to the UK. Not bad turnaround time. Now to find time to whip out my soldering iron...

Finally got a UniqueFire X8 from DD. $26 with coupons. Hard to pass that deal up. Batteries wobble around just a little. Throws really well. LED is centered nicely. Looks just like my old Trustfire.

Got my grey L2P today! Can anyone recommend some grease I can buy in the UK? The threads seem dry.

Got some lame-ass Trustfire 3000´s from Manafont.

Was too eager to get some quality since first two were the right stuff, Wrong!

Got a Turnigy Accucell-8! (Or Accucell-8150) today!

Finally, I was using a fake IMAX-B6, now I can have precise results :D

FX-32:

What are you using as a power source for Accucell?

A cheap one from eBay, I think it’s the same that comes with the IMAX-B6 from DX, but I bought them separately from eBay.

It says 12V 5A output, it could be around 50Watts I think

Works OK for small things, but this charges can charge up to 150W. What do you recommend?

This is a pic of the source:

Maplin do small tubes of silicone grease which will last for ages.

Nowadays I use engine oil from a dropper bottle - easier to get the right amount in there. Where conductivity isn't an issue, I find plumbers PTFE tape works very nicely - especially with badly worn threads.

Got my Quick charger

marklin you got your watch, but did you get your paycheck from bluespam for spamming BLF?

(Maybe I'm jumping the gun when it comes to marklin. It is entirely possible that bluespam pays their employees in crappy watches...)

EDIT: Wow, the paisley post is already unpublished! They don't make spam like they used to.

Did you bought it @ hobbyking? I am thinking to order Turnigy Accucel-6 (excellent for my needs).

As a power supply I will convert my old PC ATX (+12V/14A) PSU into a bench power, there are many projects on this topic and it's very easy to do it :)

Klarus XT2C from eBay
http://bit.ly/xd7a0f

White Flashlight Keychain 22000mcd 10-PACK from DealExtreme
http://bit.ly/x7iGen

What I got today was really annoyed at the USPS. My package from MF is still hanging up at the NYNY ISC. Cry

I added tracking to this order since it was a $60+ order, but apparently all that does is slow the shipment down. My second order from the same date and same vendor made without tracking was already delivered about a week ago.