What you got today

with that i do agree you should change it
what tint LED chip did you get i wonder, seems like an odd colour

I got:

- A “G4-MCU” (http://www.tmart.com/UltraFire-G4-MCU-5W-400-Lumens-CREE-Q5-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight-with-Strap_p100656.html)

- A WF-502B (Xenon) (http://www.tmart.com/UltraFire-WF-502B-3W-170-Lumens-3.7V-Xenon-LED-Flashlight_p100889.html)

Both from tmart.com (U.S. warehouse) today. Shipping took about 5 days to DC area, as usual.

I got the 502B because I was curious about what a Xenon bulb looks like (it is VERY yellowish), and also, was curious to check how compatible the 502B is with P60 drop-ins (it worked with SolarForce P60 drop-in). The 502B body looks tiny, but it’s only slightly smaller than my SF L2P,

I got the G4-MCU because it had a bunch of good reviews, but to me, it looks exactly like two other C8s that I have. I haven’t tried swapping the “drop-in” yet, but that looks very similar to the C8s.

I’m still debating whether to switch the 502B to an LED drop-in, but will try out the light with the Xenon bulb tonight.

Jim

I got 3 mobydrv drivers from Dr Jones.

I’m surprised your seeing yellows, I still have to do some comparisons but my initial reaction was that it has a greenish tint.

I bought this after reading all the bad tint comments because I liked the form factor so much, figured I’d eventually do an emitter swap if it was really horrible but actually it’s not all that bad.

Didn’t do any comparisons last night the little time I had with it was spent learning the UI, which is quite a good one. I’m going to compare it with a few of my other lights later tonight or tomorrow then I’ll post here again about it.

UPDATE: Just did a ceiling beam comparison with Xeno E03 NW, the S20 is a sickly green in moon & low gets a little better in medium, In high it is more white but still a shade of green compared to the E03 NW.

I don’t understand why Olight wouldn’t have made this in NW. But then again I guess I really don’t know a whole lot about Olight lights, I see them a lot at gun shows, guess that’s why on their homepage there’s people pointing guns at me!.

Special buy?? Oh no…what special buy!! Darn it, I missed something again? Anyhow I got mine from DoingOutdoor AliExpress store $35.99 delivered. Also same price on their regular site too.

EDIT: I searched the forum just now and saw your post in the Meritline 30% off thread ($34.99) I don’t feel so bad now since I only paid $1 more. Plus I’ve had a good experience with previous orders from DoingOutdoors.

I really like this light, too bad about the tint though because I’m a NW guy for the most part, I prefer NW but I’m not a NW fanatic so it’s not killing my fun with it.

Also has the S20 been DISCONTINUED? I couldn’t find it on the Olight website anymore, only see the S10. I swear it was there before. Don’t see the M10 there either (upgraded version of the S10?) Maybe they just don’t update their site very well.

Please post about your emitter swap when you do it, I think a lot of others would be interested as well.

This thread has a lot of info about it. Firelight2 has tried about 5 or 6 different emitters in his S10, (Supposedly the S10 has the same internals)

I guess for these lights an emitter swap may not always be the answer, reading about people putting in T6 NW and tint is still too yellowish, something about the driver? Although one member here in that thread (Hrvoje) did a swap to T6-4C and says it’s now his favorite EDC.

Another BlackShadow Terminator (this time a T6-3C NW), a BlackShadow EVA (aaa) and a pair of XTAR 18700 2600mAh, all from MD-Lightsource

Great! How’s the Blackshadow EVA? Been wanting to get one.

olight baton s10 - great small light… the magnetic tail is cool - tint is a little on the green/blue side - but not a dealbreaker for me
reylight TF mini-02 - WOW!

went to home depot to pick up a 40w cree bulb

inventory checker said they had 192 in stock

they could not be found anywhere and 3 sales associates looked for 20 minutes

second time ive wasted a trip to home depot for something they supposedly have online

i hate that store.

i call ahead and ask for a visual check, saved me a lot of headache over the years

i guess i could try that… in the past i usually get put on hold for 15 minutes and hung up on lol. but a phone call is cheaper than driving 10 miles

Foy is also glad he's not the only one with storage issues . . .

I installed this a few weeks ago, making 6 drives totaling 10.75 TB. I used to say, "I don't know how I'll ever use all that space." I now understand that the amount of storage space I use is almost directly proportional to the storage space I have.

jbodFoy

Got my S1100 today . . . also got an X2 and X3.

happyFoy

This is my 1st decent quality AAA keychain light, and my first twisty so I don’t have anything in it’s category to compare it with, but I’m highly impressed with it’s output for it’s size, it’s quite bright. The tint is not bad either and a nice clean hotspot too.

It seems to be built well, great anodizing and the twisty action is smooth and easy to operate, almost a little too easy though (EDIT: some Super Lube grease fixed that). Thought I’d want a keychain light to be 2 mode but now I don’t think that matters, for it’s purpose one mode is fine. Being a flashaholic I’m usually going to have another multi-mode edc light on me anyways.

I’m running it on a regular duracell AAA, haven’t tried it on eneloop yet although I have some just need to charge them, so I’m going to try that next.

I don’t think it supports 10440, it doesn’t show that anywhere and I can’t find a voltage spec on it.

Overall I’m very impressed with it. I plan on getting more AAA lights, I’m considering the a TANK007 E09, the Olight i3s, the Skilhunt Ramble-I, and the Ultrafire UF-T1. Or maybe just this one: DQG AAA IV World smallest CREE XP-G2 5A NW :slight_smile:

That one is calling your name. You know what to do.. ;)

i’m surprised its not already charged, eneloops will hold their energy till your ready to use them, and when you want to play with a light, any charging time is excruciating

Got these for half price. :bigsmile:

15$ what! where?

Not $15