What you got today

I got my wf-502b from tmart today but like boomhauer the promised 18650 was not with it. I acctually just got them on their live support chat and after declining their offer to give me $2 credit towards the purchase of a battery they agreed to send me the one i already paid for but did not get. It is supposed to ship within 12 hours. We'll see.

TMart live chat 5/31/2011 0:09:26 You are now chatting with Sharon (Service)

Sharon: Hi!

Sharon: What can i do for you ?

john: Hello, my order is # 21135011

john: My flash light was supposed to come with a li ion 18650 battery but it not come with one.

Sharon: Hold on pls

Sharon: Let me check it for you

john: Thank you Sharon: Would you buy a new one ? Sharon: We can give you $2 for compensation john: No ma'am. I ordered it because it was a deal with the battery included. Without it it isn't. I would like you to send the battery I already paid for. Sharon: Ok Sharon: We will reship a new one to you within 12 hours john: Thank you. Can you please confirm that via email? Sharon: YES Sharon: Once we complete it , we will inform you by email in detail john: OK. Thank you.

I got a Ultrafire WF-501A. Seems decent. Going to try to squeeze a 18650 in it. So far it seems like 50/50 chance. It's shorter than S-mini after all, and not designed for 18650 so it's going to be tight.

Glad that my warnings didn’t go unnoticed …30 days would give them an excuse …Try 65+ days these idiots have heard me scream loud and clear that they were sending the wrong lights … they had photos sent to them …I used lots of visual language to explain why it wasn’t my fault and why i souldn’t have to pay for return shipping or re-shipping as well of the correct product …At one point I said …I ordered a boat and you sent a bicycle , i ordered a stereo and you sent a bag of kittens …YOU sent me the WRONG items…send me the ultrafire C3 stainless steel lights I ordered …after 15 emails back and forth in the first month I get an email from another person that says …i can’t believe that all 25 lights are defective …i blew up …Who in the hell said they were defective ?? you sent the wrong thing i’m losing money … send the right lights … fix the problem … Bang I hit the dispute button and then a month later here we are at paypal Claim … i sent a link to paypal with the BLF thread where lazerpoint //foaclprice is slamming members right and left with the same stupid bait and switch tactics … my advice to paypal is to close their account …scam artists …

So for 60 days... they knew what they were doing and actively spammed blf members too.. it's a shame that companies with decent products to offer will treat people so poorly and engage in open fraud .

When you dispute these lights .. use the word fraud .. that's what's going on here .

Don't feel bad Johnny, I ordered the exact same deal - it came today with no battery. I e-mailed them so . . .

Foy

Today, I received the stainless steel Ultrafire C3 from lazerpoint for $5.52. Although I received the right item this time, I will think twice before ordering anything from the focalprice family. Read more about it here.

Today i got ...

20 Panasonic 18650's for $41 shipped from reverand jim .

I got a trustfire f23 from T-Mart for $11 http://www.tmart.com/TrustFire-F23-5W-120-Lumens-XPE-LED-Stainless-Steel-LED-Flashlight_p100944.html

and

a Stainless steel C3 ultrafire from T-Mart for $10 and change http://www.tmart.com/UltraFire-5W-100-Lumens-Stainless-Steel-C3-CREE-Q5-1Mode-LED-Flashlight-Torch_p95610.html ...Not the first ultrafire SS C3 I ever ordered ..just the first one I ever recieved .:

I am impressed with T-marts speedy shipping and almost feel the need to appologize for initially wanting to slam these guys for having high prices when they first arrived on BLF ..Something made me pull back from blistering them with the obvious "you're prices are out of line "..Yep.. on some items that's true .but they are trying and they are offering Blf members and others , fair products at the prices that T-mart wants to offer them for ...My theory is .. their stuff ..their prices .

i'm glad i bought from them. i'll do it again

I just did the live chat thing too. "Vivian" said it would ship "in a few days."

This is how my 502B arrived:

The switch boot is paper thin.

Metal shavings all over the place, anno chipped everywhere, lens o-ring pulled out and look! You get 3 whole threads!

Ass-wipe quality and got the order wrong too. Way to go TMART.

epicfailFoy

That is the most disgusting 502 I've ever seen // it looks like it was hand painted ..I've Never seen that emitter

What is the emitter that has only two wires? Xpc?Mine has four wires. Looks like you got some worked over POS. some of those problems are just the way the 502 is. Short threads and super thin tail boot. The rest of it looks like problems with that individual light, like the bad finish and the metal filings. Give you a POS and then don’t even include the battery. Bad deal.
Did anyone get the battery? I didn’t

If lindt not really much...

Got my new SRM 710 and 763

Both are a bit stiff to open one handed.

Damn, Foy, that’s the worst light I’ve ever seen! My 502b looked nothing like that. Mine is actually pretty decent. I was actually impressed compared to was I was expecting to get. I have that same funky emitted in mine though and I can barely see the damn thing it’s so small. Thanks for the great pics as always.
Johnny

Isn't that just an XR-E? The XP-C only has one wire going to the die, while the XR-E has two. I think there are two other wires going to the silver part that don't show up in the picture.

I got the $5.63 deal for a 502B and I wasn't impressed with Tmart's version of that light, but it fixed up okay for the most part. You have to clean it up, work the threads, etc. I would have taken the $2 credit over the crappy unprotected 18650 battery they're going to send you. I also sanded out the anodizing/paint from the inside of the head for better heat transfer. Plus you have to use quite a bit of foil or strips to fill up the gap in a 502.

Glad to hear someone got an actual C3 from Lazerpoint. Wonder what my chances are? I'm still thinking not so good.

It does look like an XR-E but it just seems way smaller than usual to me. It could be just that I need to get my eyes checked badly. It sucks getting old. I actually had to take a close pic of it then blow it up really big just to see that it had two wires. The XP-C has one wire so it’s definitely not that. At first I assumed it was but was relieved it wasn’t. The beam pattern on the one I got was really nice. The threads are deep and clean and I have no complaints at all, really, except for the battery issue. The body is even thicker than expected and has pretty nice weight even without the battery. Anodization is even and chip free and external machining is really nice.

As for the $2 credit, I didn't want to be spending even more money to get something that I already paid for. To me that smacks of the old bait & switch fraud and I won't do it on principle. Give me what I paid for and nothing less. Period. But that's just me.

Hoping that today I finally get my L2m from KD or my 501A from Manafont!

Today I got my SRM 763 from DB! Two weeks shipping. I had ordered exactly the same thing in Februrary and spent the next 3 months resolving the no-show item and getting a refund. I'm not a knife person, but the 763 seems pretty decent. Just like everyone's descriptions and the videos. I was afraid it would be too small but it seems about right.

Also got my Skyray S-R5 P60 host. I love the looks of this thing, a distinctly art deco kind of sci-fi look. It seemed to be wrapped adequately by Manafont but has some signficant dings in one spot that really detract from it. I'll post a picture somewhere else later. I wonder if this is Skyray's way of marking the light IRREGULAR.

Lastly, I got my "stainless steel Ultrafire C3" from lazerpoint and got the stupid 12-led 3xaaa piece of garbage. Disappointing, but expected after hearing what others were getting. I wouldn't pay a nickle for a light like this because to me it is a waste of space. Hoping to get a full refund and then give it away. I can't imagine they'll want me to ship it back, but if they pay for it, I'll be happy to do so.

Ted - You are right; a new boot, some lube, TLC and this guy will then be a great knock-about in a tool box/glove compartment. I don't think I'll be doing business with Tmart anytime soon, however.

Foy

T3 warm white XM-L 20mm star from LED-Tech. Which is going out to Jacobhl on friday..... LED-Tech is insane a shoe-sized-box for 1 emitter (with free shipping for Germany)... but gotta love the next-day-arrival.

Where is the hearty smiley when you need it?

Appears to be a Manafont package waiting for me at home. Should be my WF-501A host (all it could be at this time). W00t! My XM-L drop-in from Manafont has been getting lonely down on the work bench. 8)