What you got today

Unbranded “CREE Q5 300LM LED 3 Mode Zoomable Headlight Torch Light Head Lamp Hotsell EP98” 18650 from eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121161815800&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160.
Nice for the money. Light, short, comfortable on the head nice looking except for a partly missing fin. Build is mostly pretty good. Good lens, good flood to throw, adjustable. Threads fit well. Some o-rings. Nice appearance. Not all internal parts seem rugged. XR-E “Q5” is a bit dated. Square fins are neither as effective for cooling nor as easy to machine as trapezoidal fins. Perhaps they wanted to avoid a military look. Happy as usual.
The lens is so large and short focal length that, except when focused in, there is yellow around the outside of the spot, from the yellow light scattered sideways by the phosphor of the XR-E. The spot is no smaller than that of an SK68, but the lens is larger.

My Excel DT9205A meter from Tmart.

Solarforce battery cases and 6 CR123's. HK post, 7days transit time.

Silicone grease, kapton tape, & banana plugs for spare DMM leads for almost nothing thanks to the DX-man certificate; arriving in 12 days - shipped w/o tracking on 9/2 via HK Post

Next international package due is 2 cells WB reported as shipped on 9/9.

OSTS Fandyfire STL-V6 from the good gentleman jmpaul320.

And a shadow TC300.

Really impressed by both lights. The OSTS of course is a naaasty thrower for its size and cost.

The Shadow machining is top notch. Seriously looks like it should cost more than $30. Plastic lens and probably reflector however. Modes are L-M-H-Strobe which is meh.

I got my Excel 9205A meter, that’s a BIG meter! Got 2 more HD2010’s also. When I first opened the package I could of sworn that these new 2010’s were of lesser quiality, I was initially really upset. Later, when I compared it to the one I got last year, I was pleased to realize that they were of the same great quality, just slightly more silvery grey in color. This all from TMart.

BTW, the leads for the 9205 meter are junk. And this is a meter with a 20A scale. You would think that maybe the leads would be a little better. I bet those leads will fry with 8 amps going thru them.

Penny UltraFire 18650 arrived from TMart NJ warehouse in 5 days, shipped via USPS - cell appears to use forgery quality blue 2400 wraps (voltage misspelled with a few grammar errors) and does not match the similar UltraFire 2400s I got with my Trustfire light (which work well enough for that stock light).

Cell had clear plastic wrap over the printed wrap to insulate the poles, and was inside of a static-free ziplock and then loose inside a typical unpadded plastic shipping envelope with no additional padding used.

Arrived charged to 3.93 volts. HF DMM battery test result in line with other cells. Current draw is 2.0A in a 2.8A driver light where a Sony IMR will run 2.8A when fresh. Capacity still unknown; indications are it should work as well as some of my free pack pulls.

If somebody hasn’t done it by the time my transparent wrap comes from FT next week or so, I’ll pull the wrap to see if there is any writing on the cell.

EDIT: The cell is 40g, where the others I have are 38g - same as reported here.

Boker Magnum Auto. Seems good blade was very sharp and knife worked as it was supposed to. Locks up very well and seems solid. I’ll have to use it a while before I really make up my mind.

Link please?

http://www.bladeplay.com/item—Black-Boker-Magnum—2685

Thank you sir.

i got a few eneloop/duraloop

Got a few AR lenses and a UV drop-in from Kaidomain.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022214

Got a couple Z2's from steve. I'll cut one open tomorrow and post pics.

I got 500mm of 38mm OD x 32mm OD aluminium tubing for free. I’m excited. 32650 batteries will just about fit nicely.

Im not much of a gamer, but I hope I never get to old for this shit. No time for it today, but tomorrow... :)

Who others beside me have lots of memories from the first game? Putting bombs in cars and blowing them up and such.. :p

I've played most of the 3-D Grand Theft Auto games (Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV, along with several mission packs). Good times!

As soon as Grand Theft Auto V comes out on PC, I'll be all over that s---. 8)

grand theft auto 2 was one of my all time favorite games

Just got an unexpected package in the mail by EMS.

Spider-Fire X-07 - Stainless steel, 2 mode (high/low), 1x18650 or 1x18350

Review to come

If you like that UV drop-in as much as I do you’ll be well pleased. :slight_smile:

that spiderfire sounds interesting, cant wait.