What you got today

How is the Tank007 E09 and where did you buy it? I was just looking Tank007 lights last 2 days trying to decide if I should buy one (and which one), M30-C kinda looks nice!

It's a decent 3 mode EDC for under $13 with the BLF discount code from fasttech. Yeah I know, I swore I wouldn't buy anything from them again, but I got weak and did. Happy to say I received my order within 10 days.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1173305

Today I got this:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1070300

$0,01 promo, shipped Dec 26. I’m disappointed. Works ok but it’s the crappiest version I have, the ones from ebay were much better.

Thanks for the info, good price and pretty high ratings too, I might just give it a go :smiley:

My shipment of DrJones drivers arrived today! :bigsmile:

Now I can begin modding my Sunwayman C20C! The plan is to make the following mods:

1. Apply Zener diode kit to Nangj 105c with Lumodrv.
  2. Replace stock driver with new driver. Wire switch up to new driver.
  3. Driver compartment appears to be 18mm…. too small for 20mm MTG2 star. Remove MTG2 from Noctigon and attempt to file down edges so it fits. If that doesn’t work, will bore out inside of the driver compartment.
  4. File down inside of the reflector 1mm to allow MTG2 emitter to fit.

You can’t go wrong on these. Ex member Kreisler had a great review on them. It was a hugely comprehensive review and I enjoyed reading it. Sold me on getting one and I am not dissapointed for the price!

and a somewhat mixed review from Jacky…

I got me some storage (and wireless) upgrades today :slight_smile:

$30 each, 2TB hard drive inside, dual band (2.4ghz + 5ghz) wireless N450 gigabit router (I have them in access point mode, one on each floor of my house), awesome NAS setup. Can’t beat that deal!! :smiley:

-Jamie M.

NICE!

What kind of cooling for the HD is there...in that enclosure it could get pretty hot really fast

It’s a 2.5” laptop drive inside, fan cooled. The drive goes to sleep the instant you’re not using it, and the fan is thermally controlled so it only runs when the drive heats up.

This is a pic of the inside of the 1TB model:

-Jamie M.

Watch out for the WD drives which park their heads every 8 seconds or so.

They 'consume less power' but they have a very high early failure rate.

A good day indeed, two orders arrived in the mailbox :slight_smile:
A Convoy C8 host, two XML U3 LEDs, a QLite 3.04A driver, two Nanjg 105c 2.8A drivers, an AR coated glass lens, two different SMO reflectors and some 18650 shrink wrap.

After almost 1 month I finally received my orders :).

I got my Convoy S5! 2100mA 105C driver, gets warm on high, glad I didn't get the 2800mA one...might burn this thing up..not alot of meat there to soak up all that heat!

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002364/1321601-convoy-s5-cree-xm-l-t6-4c-723-lumen-4300-4500k-2-g

Great mod idea! I have to see this one,c20c is my favorite edc and I just modded mine with XML2 u2 on a noctigon.The 20 mm noctigon just needs a little filing on the sides to fit in the cavity,good luck and please post your mod when it's done.

$30 with 2TB! Wow. How did you manage to get it so cheap? It was $313 when I last checked.

They have it on clearance. There’s a new model coming out with USB 3.0 instead of 2.0 and the internal hard drive will run off the USB 3.0 bus so 5 times the hard drive speed over the network.

-Jamie M.

This finally arrived today, after 58 long days! This thing is even bigger than I thought it would be.

:open_mouth: 58 days! I wish I am as patient as you… WB delivery sucks. I quite sure I am done with them after I receive my last 2 orders(35days and counting).

I got something that might replace DQG AAA IV Ti in my key chain..

Got a couple new items today. Ordered the stun gun in purple by mistake, but it’s so loud and scary looking that the purple probably helps it. Or I’ll give it to my wife and order the black one.

Also got a Kershaw Brawler and Cryo. The Brawler is actually for my wife who liked the one I gave my son in law and asked for one. She has arthritis and it’s hard for her to open a pocket knife. I was teasing her earlier: “You broke a nail on your switchblade!”