What you got today

Unfortunately yes but it is not that big in reality because the light itself is already small. I guess that is a common issue with this light. :frowning:

Cutting carbon is problematic, you need proper, sharp, tools and correct speed to do that without chips but even if there is some chipping you can sand that part off (entire diameter) and after that it is unlikely that its going to chip again…

2x

yesterday I got a Gopro Hero 3+ Black edition :stuck_out_tongue:
and last week I got a TBS Discovery! wohoooo

Are those MT G2??? looks like it?

Can you give me the link?

Here is link for Mountain Electronics

“S3” EDC 18650 Flashlight - Triple XP-G2 - Black link

According to this post starting this Monday flashlights will be available again.

Would love to see an MT-G2 mounted on that !
There’s a challenge - remote on/off…

I dont believe dogs need a light Suncoaster you silly duffer. Very nice chopper janko and it will stay nice as long as you dont let me fly it.

Those are definitely not MT-G2’s, 3 MT-G2’s dont physically fit on a 20mm board plus they are 6V emitters so it needs atlease two cells. Those are likely either XP-G2’s or Nichia 219’s.

Went to Costco and a couple of weeks ago and bought 4 of these for for my motion sensing outdoor lights. I know they're not intended for that purpose but for $5.49 each it was worth trying them out. The package does say they can be used in damp locations and nothing about not using them on motion sensing outdoor lights. So far they've been working great! Not ultra bright, but bright enough for my needs. And for $5.49 each, it's worth taking a chance. I went back today and bought a couple more. Hopefully they last. If not, oh well. You live and learn :)

Got some Chinese propaganda.

2 days ago I got 5 packages.

I did not take pictures of the content.

-From Lightscastle, AA sized "new 612". Arrived after a slow 38 days. Modded it the same day. First impression was not that great. Now a nice bright little light. :)

-From Fasttech some high drain batteries and 20mm AR lenses and some stuff. The 20mm AR lens fit the light from Lightscastle. I had a feeling I got use for them. One broke though.. They are not strong. Arrived after 18 days.

-Various LEDs, Nichia, RED XP-E, 4D`s from Intl-outdoor. 13 days

-Battery indicator from an UK based Ebay seller. 9 days.

-A big "stubby" 12 XM-L light from an aliexpress seller. 22 days. First impression. Love the size.

Today I got 3 packages

All from Wallbuys

X6M - 22 days - Review of my first X6M here.

"Dreamcharger V2" - 13 days - First impression when charging. Its noisy. Too noisy for me to have it in the same room as Im in. :( It will not be my default charger.. Ill stick to using several Xtar and Nitecore chargers like I have. They are nice and silent.

Fenix TK61 - 16 days - First impression. MASSIVE reflector! *giggles* (Emitter was not 100% perfectly centered)

copter got new and bigger carbon props :slight_smile:
I had a few crashes with it already, broke two of those shiny carbon propellers and two arms, oops :stuck_out_tongue:
I will attach some leds to it, probably in series to match the voltage of the lipo and to switch and dim it a brushed esc can be used

A zoomy host from CN Quality Goods. http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1957 The machining and finish, except for the bezel ring, is very neat and smooth. Maybe too smooth for Military HAIII. The problem I see is that, though the head is larger than that of the commoner zoomies, the lens is identical. So the larger head is good only for cooling and for any light that goes through the flange outside the curved part of the lens. It seems unlikely that the latter will be of positive value, as it will clearly be a ring rather than a uniform spill. I might find a lens to fit, but more likely the one in it is the best that CNQ could find and the best that I could find. Another complaint is that the fins are not well shaped for cooling.
So I have a light that is not supposed to work out of the box, but may not be worth the trouble and expense of modifying. On the other hand, I had already thought that 3 x AAA might be better for the person for whom I intended this light, so my plans are not really spoiled.

Some Solarforce lego came in last week :

My A001 Head assembled with l2p tube and S4 switch. This wil become my host for a triple nichia drop in in the future :slight_smile:

This is about What my bike light wil become, not on a l2p but with a l2m (on its way) , and short of course :slight_smile:

3 Brynite ED10’s (cr123 or lithium) and 2 Brynite ED30’s (1xAA or 2xAA or 1 x14500). Must say, I like them for what they are. I paid $9 each. Delivery took 12 days.

A Sunwayman D40A (NW). Also, very nice.

And a pair of Osram night breaker headlight bulbs.

Twas a good day…

$9? Where did you find that deal?

Direct from Brinyte in an email. Originally they were around $24 each. However it was a promotion, but I dont know if its still active. They have an Alibaba or Aliexpress account (cant remember which). I contacted them through that to verify the dodgey email address used for Paypal. I thought maybe a staffer was going to rort them and me. But it was all good, apparently thats how they roll, it was the owners wifes email address, at hotmail no less.

[quote=Ejected Filament]
3 Brynite ED10’s (cr123 or lithium) and 2 Brynite ED30’s (1xAA or 2xAA or 1 x14500). Must say, I like them for what they are. I paid $9 each. Delivery took 12 days.

PayPal ready.
Call it a flashlight hors d’oeuvres. Bon Appetite!

I just noticed I put the Nitecore MT2A (XP-G) and a C8 in there for scale, I hope that doesnt create confusion.

The only downside Ive noticed so far is the usual blinky modes. Im not certain of my testing methodology, but I basically pointed the MT2A at a tree, and then the ED30, and then both. Then swapped which one I held there and added the one over the top if that makes sense. I did notice that the hotspot was noticeably brighter with both lights. But when only one light was pointed at it, the hotpsot appeared much the same with either torch. The ED (XM-L2) had much better spill though. Reflector size is fairly close but the ED is slightly larger, and stippled.