What you got today

I hadn’t picked it up in a while so I went ahead and uprooted it from it’s pedestal and weighed it. A beefy 3 and half pounds. :bigsmile:

It’s essentially a two-handed short sword. :smiley:

I found a nice old pairing knife at the Goodwill, lol. Fixed it up with an old mill file to restore the broken tip, a chain saw file to make a choil cut and my DMT extra course diamond lap to put an edge on it. I don’t often find knives worth having at thrift stores anymore. The loss in length from the broken tip is not a disadvantage, as I have trouble finding knives that are small enough for some purposes and often have to hold knives by their blades for close work.

Got an Xtar SP1 from Mountain Electronics. My first purchase from them went perfect. Super fast shipping as well.

Testing it on a Nitecore 14500.

10 Energizer CR123
2 Kinoko 16340’s, 700mah
2 Efest 14500’s, 700mah
1 4x AA carry caddy
1 3x 18650 Efest ‘purse’

1 4sevens Quark 2 x CR123, XM-L light.

All packaged in a large enough box, and wrapped in wadded packing paper to stop it flopping about. All individual packaged items arrived in excellent condition.

Thanks Calvin. All arrived in fairly quick time, around a week, from USA to Australia. Smooth as.

That and a Black Bitfenix Phenom mITX tower, a Gigabyte mITX MB with wifiAC and BT, an AMD Quad Core processor, 16gig of Corsair 1866 Vengenace Black Pro ram (swapped into main PC, and used its 8gig GSkill ripjaws in the HTCP), a WD 750gig Black 2.5” HDD, and a 350w psu to build a HTPC.

Where do i find the coupon and link to this light ? or i wonder if the coupon applies to the SF5 AA version too.

5x Crelant CH10 for just under $20 a piece from Ali and Fenix traffic wands from BG @$1.28/pc.

@DenBarrettSAR I’m not sure if they still offer the same price but you can email them at cs[at]hkequipment.net

What I ordered was a Smiling Shark SS-A100, from Lightmalls. What I got says UltraFire on it. Since UltraFire usually means nothing and I am not sure Smiling Shark means much and the quality is at least as good as I expected, I guess I got what I ordered and shouldn’t complain about what is written on it.
It is intermediate in size between the Sipik SK-73 and the Yezl T-9, both in overall size and in lens size. The lens is long focal length like what came in the Yezl. Very nice overall. Looks great. Good throw and good flood. Spot is small when focused. I wanted something that could use primary batteries, here 3 x AAA, for my nephew. It draws 1.4 A on freshly charged Eneloops and 1.5 A on a half charged 18650.

What I didn’t get is a Smiling Shark SS-745, 3 x AA light shaped like a green onion. http://www.shenzhenwholesale.com and associated cites are out of them, and so are the one or two other listings I found. These things are probably warehoused in one place and drop shipped, so all stores run out at the same time.
It looked very unusual and graceful in an odd way and, with a modern led, would be practical for someone who didn’t want to use lithium ion batteries.

Now they say they shipped it. They also refunded my money, so I will see eventually what happened. He explained that they re-used the tracking number for an order shipped to Brazil and the tracking number accidentally got emailed to me.

Got a Skyray STL-V2 today from Lightmalls, it’s the later model clone with the 5 mode driver and screw in pill. I wasn’t expecting it to be the original version as I had heard they are no longer available and also Lightmalls don’t have a great reputation for sending genuine lights! It’s my first dedicated thrower and it doesn’t disappoint, it has a very small bright hotspot and easily out throws anything else I own. Most of my lights run on 26650’s so I was surprised by how thin the battery tube is, they look a lot bigger in the photos. All up a very impressive little light.

On sale again at Costco for $19.99

And again some Solarforce came in, a l2p head and tail to complete a body i had laying arround, and a l2-d18 double 18650 body for the a001 with s4 switch.
Only thing missing here still is a tripple nichia for the long one…
Well my bday is soon… Might get it then……

I like that long one very much, the A001 head and S4 tail switch are a great pairing, not sure I’ve seen that one before and the lanyard ring looks good as well.

Lanyard ring is integrated with the S4 (and s4 has super silent switch too), it’s little hard to find tough, it is a discontinued item.
(As are more of these little gems, like the Switch L2-S8, an Bezel L2-B1 (no luck finding that nice bezel)

Woo! A true FASTTech order! Order placed June 2, shipped June 5, in my hands on June 12! Seven days in transit, including the weekend!

1x Roll of Shrink Wrap for 14500 cells: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1140202

1x 8W LED bulb: I'm not even putting a link to the bulb; it is B-A-D. Absolutely the worst green tint of any LED I've sen. It's so bad it makes the AIR look green.

3x emitters: A couple of small-based XP-G2 and a 12mm XM-L2; I've got a couple of ideas for some goofy pointless mods to build up.

A USB LED light bar: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1604606: Seems okay, but not any brighter than a typical MINI. I do like that it's heat-sinked...

Bunch of Crelant stuffs… :bigsmile:
MT-G2 light, headlamp HC10 and Aspheric head

XP-L??

Bingo.

L2-S8 and the quite rare A001 head complete with a really serious bezel are available from Flashaholics a bit on the expensive side though.