What you got today

This came in on Saturday...

My first order from RMM...

...With a 2-cell 3A driver - http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=202

...and a single NW XML2 emitter on 20mm Noctigon - http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=79&search=t6+4c

...Both to repair and upgrade a light for a friend. Went from a factory ~2A driver and XM-L (T6?) emitter so it's much brighter, and with a better tint.

Finally, for myself, I got the 32x 7135 driver for the SRK - http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=270

I have to say, I really like the improved modes and like the short-press/low, long-press/high option. I still have a bit of issue with connectivity, due to my short non-protected laptop-pull 18650s, but I can fix that... The light gets hot much more quickly than the OEM driver, but I didn't complete any before/after measurements to quantify any change in brightness.

I just received the new Sunwayman F30R from Illumination Supply today. The same diameter as the Nitecore EA4 but an inch shorter so if carried in a front Jeans pocket some people may think that you are glad to see them! :smiley: Be easy for Sunwayman to offer a 18650 extension to greatly increase the run time available too IMO.

With the two side button UI and the red and blue LEDs surrounding the main reflector it has a very versatile but complex overall UI, but easier IMO to master than the EA4’s single button UI with it’s full and partial switch presses.

Do you have any plans to open it? I need to see inside one.

!! !! This light is great it was waiting in the mailbox and made me grin when I used it tonight to take out the trash.!!

Bringing the camera out of an AC’d house into the ridiculous summer heat… Sigh.

3 Shiny internet points if you can guess 3/4 of the flashlights in this pic.

20 CR123A from this deal: Cheap Panasonic CR123A's
Packed with foam beans.

Received today 4 18650’s I ordered from Fasttech on the 24th of May! 96 days to get here, good job Fasttech! |(

Received Blackshadow Darth from this Aliexpress seller. Paid $35 with coupons, awesome torch for the money. Love the format, modes could be better spaced but really happy overall! :bigsmile:

I finally gave in… Welcome to the family :)!! :

Baitaihem 2008D Hot Air Solder Blower from Amazon Prime (Amazon.com)

Wow that’s nice!

ELMAX?

D2

Nice. D2 is one of my all time favorite’s (tho neither of my EDC’s are D2 anymore :(). I always liked to acid etch my D2 blades with cool designs.

Will this be an EDC or what’s the plan?

I’ve developed quite the collection of blades recently… My current EDC a Spyderco Southard with anodized titanium

Beautiful knife man, I had one for a little bit, to thick for my taste but great knife. My current EDC is a small sebenza CF (the solid CF knifeArt exclusive, not the inlay) and since getting it I’ve only got one other knife (my spyderco p’kal, my other EDC). I only have 2 other knives I rotate in (and only own about 8 others total), a spyderco Gayel Bradely (for hard work, M4 is my current favorite steel) and a Rat-1 (for when there’s a higher probability of loosing my knife)

One of my all time favorite custom makers is Brad Southard and one of my all time favorite modified productions knives is a cut down spyderco southard that was shortened to 3” by some dude on bladeforums with a LSCF scale and matching LBS, absolutely beautiful.

Two Nichia 219Bs on 16 mm. and 20 mm. Noctigon.

+1

I guess I’m a bit of a minimalist… Of all my blades… This is my favorite…

So I finally received two 1.4A Nanjg 101 drivers from FT. I used one in an Ultrafire 602 host with a Nichia 219B on a copper Noctigon from IO. Had to file the base of the reflector a little because it was stupidly designed to be flat at the bottom and as large as the pill, so no space for the led wires. Came out great, here’s some comparison shots with an Olight i1. Came out very nice, much brighter than the Olight and with a great high-CRI tint (on the right in the last image). I was asking in another thread if Nichia is really worth it, if the colors are so much nicer with it, did not get a straight answer so I had to see for myself. Oh, yes it is and yes they are.

Convoy C8 XM-L2 U2-1A 7135*8 from simon @ Shenzhen Convoy Electronics Co (aliexpress)

My 1st C8 flashlight, seems good quality for under £8 delivered, was special offer because of tiny scratch, tiny is the word lol barely visisble