What you got today

Swap the driver out with a true 10w unit and you should get a significant increase in brightness, at least I did. They run nice and cool with the factory driver though...

I put these on my back patio for grill lights in the winter and they work well for that.

This light is a lot brighter compared to the one that I got about 6 months ago, so I am not going to do anything to it. On the earlier one I removed the adaptor (AC to DC converter) and used a 12V DC wall wart directly connected to the LED. They both are about the same brightness now.

Do you have a link for that 10W driver? I may want to use it on my earlier light. Thanks.

This arrived today :heart_eyes:

I will call it the “Steve 5000” :bigsmile:

Aren’t those 10W big flat emitters already 12V, couldn’t you just direct wire them to the 12vdc system?
If it has less volts than 12vdc, then one of those small buck Lm2596 modules (can handle 5A (would have to heatsink it) then just dial down the volts/current you wanted

Its a MGT-2 powered by 8xAA, by MRsDNF

If the looks wasn’t enough, it also blows away anything else I own in output as well.

Finally got a V11R (from the GB, I always wanted one but refused to pay full price) and extender. Also got a batch of the PIC’s for my RGBW_Clicky, some right angle SMD switches and 100 polarity diodes.

Technically, I got this on tuesday, but…

19.5v 11.8a.

Not to be confused with the very similar looking Dell 12V 18A PSU I got last week.

Got some stuff!

• An Opus intelligent Charger, 2 BlackShadow Padme Lights, (one working and one not) half a dozen 2+1 stick lights, & four NiMH AAA Cells for $ 1 each.

Wow nice, I have a PadMe on the way as a build host, I choose it cause of how the hall sensor array works (plus I like the 3p 14500) in the BS lights [same way the TN3x / KxO series of lights work] each individual sensor triggers a different mode like a pin and the MCU simply monitors for which “switch” is “on” and the mode is determined that way (unlike how in my new V11R the pair of sensors have to read the orientation of the field). i.e. the blackshadow lights do it the easy way, the SWM does it the hard way.

I got the Matek USB LCD Display Voltmeter Ampere Meter Power Capacity Tester. It has an LCD display for better visibility than the Charger Doctor in bright light and several added readings available other than just voltage and current.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matek-USB-LCD-Display-Voltmeter-Ampere-Meter-Power-Capacity-Tester-gi-/360989821995?

The driver is fried in the non-working one i have, so i’m trying to figure out what to do with it. (find a new driver, or mod it with a Nanjg 105 type driver, or try to make something work using the original magnetic-pin set up work with something else. I like the host design and format too. The working one will get a NW XM-L or a 219B swapped in, for a medium-brightness light with good run times for the modes.

I mean its pretty low priority (as in probably be mid October before I have code ready, designing the diver part is the easy part) but if your interested in helping me test the mag ring driver I come up with that’d be awesome. What I’m planning on is 5 brightness levels (how many hall sensors in the array) and the further you turn it the more 7135’s will turn on meaning there is NO PWM at all the output to the chip’s will simply be enable signals, the lower modes will achieved by having fewer chips running. So say ring position 1 is 1chip (the lowest output may end up being something other that a 7135 for a true moonlight), position 2 = 2 chips, 3=4 chips ect ect up to turbo which is all the chips I can fit (plus any you stack).

Count me in then, i would be interested in helping with it in testing. I really like your idea of using all 5 positions as modes, (the off becoming a Moonlight on the Mag ring.) as the Padme has a tail switch to turn it off. As of right now i have this 2nd new looking BlackShadow that has no driver and open to suggestions or testing.

I got the Smiling Shark SS-902 I ordered from DHGate. It is unusual and useful, but not as described. Now I will have to find something to use the Keeppower 5.2 Ah 26650 I got from Illumination Supply in. The SS-902 takes 18650/3xAAA, not 26650/3xAAA. But it does pivot and focus and tail stand, so I can light the thing I am working on with it. And it clicks on both pivot and focus. The finish is good and the focus ring at least looks like brass and is knurled.

It has a side port for charging, but I don’t have a plug in lithium ion charger, nor have I seen one described anywhere. Perhaps the port can be used to power it externally, with no battery inside, from either a power adapter or my 26650.
I have not looked at the cooling, other than it has fins, and I don’t expect much with a moving pill.
Added: The one I ordered from Aliexpress (cheaper) came the same day, so they were probably shipped from the same warehouse.
The watched pot boiled faster—the one with a tracking number came before the one without. The other package contained an UltraFire light in the same style as the Yezl t9. I think the product description called it a Sipik. It would be clearer if they would just say generic.

Wow! That is stunning!

Got something much better than any flashlight, my new ride :smiley:

I got my EE X6 yesterday from banggood, two weeks from order to me. Very nice light as stated in the reviews. Bright and small, as small as UF 502b but with a bigger head. I don’t like the blinky modes. Now I can’t wait for the BLF version.

Switch boot day today

Also got my first pair of 32mm triple Noctigon’s (already have 10 more ordered).

(Also pictured is the blue boot I swapped into my V11R)

Streamlight Siege lantern arrived today. Per customer reviews ratings the most popular lantern on Amazon.