What you got today

Sorry, I don’t understand what it means.

Think how many lights you could have bought.

I got my first hot air soldering station, a packet from DigiKey with a bunch of MCUs, Judco switches and other 0805 components, and a packet from IOS with LEDs, lens and drivers for a few triple XP-L builds.

That’s expensive, I’d have to pay 10€-20€ (depends on exact speed and if within city limits or not.) (13$-25:money_mouth_face: for that. :smiley:

tryps. Without getting political you would not believe the rubbish the governments ram down your throats about minor speeding in Australia and distorting statistics to make it look like you are a criminal for being 3% over the speed limit so will fine you and in some stated double demerit points on a public holiday. Even car manufacturers are able to build a car with a 10% error with the speedometer and still be road worthy. Sorry but its a real sore point and this is the wrong place to discuss it. Carry on gentlemen.

Finally got a dashcam, after reading this thread: Car DVR (Edit - found one)
The G1W-C is rated elsewhere as best bang for buck.
Gearbest did a special on it Gearbest Daily Deal Updated: March 16th 2021/ Baseus LED Flashlight $21.99 with the code: GBREAKER
but I got the capacitor (no battery) model from estore009 on ebay, recommended on other forums as the genuine item.
Works well, suction cup stayed stuck on yesterday with the car parked in sun and 35C, so in car maybe ~50C.
A 2GB microSD holds 5 x 3 minute 1080p vids, around 15 minutes.

Sounds like a nice camera. Are you going to use it anywhere else apart from the car?

No, just the car.
Might get into trouble if I put it on the bike :wink:

Today I got my first Victorinox and I loved it before it vanished into someone’s purse.

Got one of these too. I game a lot.

Also finally received my Convoy M2 host order. Of course I scratched the reflector trying to get the damned thing out.

vanished into someone’s purse:slight_smile:
Happened to my fav AAA EDC light.

Ah you crack me up Suncoaster.

I got this today. My camera hates me as its the hardest piece of polished aluminium I've ever tried to photograph. Needless to say I failed miserably in getting a good shot. Unlike my photographic skills the machining on this is perfect and the coating as exquisite as the machining. There is one thing I'm not sure about though is the weight. Its the heaviest aluminium I've come across. Maybe its the stainless cap screw for the driver earth that weighs so much? Thanks Mattaus. For those that missed out I'd get in early next time.

Measurements ?
That thing looks tiny ! :slight_smile:

Its Mattaus silver coated copper dropin for a P60 suitable for a Triple Nichia I have sitting here with no housing and an undecided driver possibly with a Mattaus 16650 donated battery.

I got 8*AAA eneloop XX from Amazon for $14 and I got the eneloop pack from Costco for $24 (4th gen 10*AA, 4*AAA, charger)

Ordered midnight Friday.

Pulled some strings with my contact at sinkPAD and got these.

3 MK-R’s for the TN30 triple I’m building, also got 3 Rebel 20’s and a bunch of random XP-G’s (looks like a random handful of whatever was laying out including one old gen-1).

Also got (all sitting on the new computer) a WLToys V911 (xmas gift from wife, I’m not aloud to play with it lol), 20 .380mA 7135’s, 6 XP-L V5 2A’s, 6m 22AWG wire,and a new roll of Kapton.

I’ve been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to register.

This showed up for me today; it’s not bad for under $7.

Ordered these LGs in August, glad to finally receive them. Also looking forward to some testing on the Vappowers, interestingly the tops aren’t magnetic, I’m guessing aluminum.

Well, technically it came this weekend, but I recently got one of these:

5 port, 40W USB power source with “PowerIQ” to negotiate optimal charging rates. 2.4A max per port, but 8A max across all ports. It was $18.99 when I ordered it.

I see some interesting behavior when hooking it up to loads. If I monitor voltage on an unused port with a USB meter, the voltage with no load is ~5.1V. With combined load that draws ~2A across one or more ports, voltage on the monitored port jumps to ~5.25v. Same with a load that draws ~1A. At 0.66A, the monitored, unused port drops to 5.1V again.

“K11Y Cree XM-L T6 800lm 5 Mode 18650 LED Torch” for $27.something, now out of stock.
22.4 mm. diameter stainless steel 18650 XM-L, two amps. At last a light that is well driven, for its size and material.

About the size of an SK-68. Engraved lightly on the head “H? rustu tm T10 ce”. The box says “?KinFire tm LED Flashlight CE”, and some expected stuff with no noticeable meaning. The description says “Model: K11Y”.
The lens, of course, doesn’t have the advertized anti-reflective coating.
The description says 11 x 2 x 2 cm., which is accurate rounded to the nearest cm.
The description says “Flashlight Processing Technology: Aerospace Grade Aluminum Body with Anti Scratching Type 2 Hard Anodization
Body Material: Aluminium Alloy”, but it is made of stainless steel.
The light comes apart in only one place, between the head and body. The threads are adequate but not elegant (The AKOray AK12 threads deal with the limited radial space elegantly.). More cusp shaped like an SS-5039 than even triangular, let alone trapezoidal or square.
It came with a generic charger and a lithium ion cell labeled Kinfire that is too long to let the light close till it covers the o-ring.
I am happy! I think I may have stumbled on another collector’s item, and it is a pocketable 18650 that I can carry without risking my AK-12 or carrying something ugly.

The other light in the order is a Sipik CK66.
It came with two diffusers, a 18650 cell and a charger.
It did not light up when I put the battery in and pressed the tail switch. I did when I unscrewed the bezel a little. I don’t expect much difficulty fixing this intermittent problem and have not complained to Gearbest, at this time.
I am happy with this one also. The white diffuser has metal structure. The light comes out uniformly sideways. It is very similar to dedicated lanterns I have seen, except that it has the plastic orange option and is also a nice conventional reflector light. The diffusers screw on to the bezel. Diffuser, bezel and tail cap threads are triangular, fit nicely and are anodized. From the outside, the cooling looks good. Maybe the usual XM-L2, warm for outdoors, and Qlite.
For $20.69 it came with a Sipik 0.450 A AC powered charger and a colorful Sipik 18650 cell.