What you got today

My new EDC arrived, slightly larger than ideal, but I’m all about that base, ’bout that base; me like a little more lumen to hold at night.

Well, if the strobe does not scare them off, a tap on the head with that will certainly cure them of their bad intentions.

:smiley: They better be cured before it gets too hot to hold. Jokes aside, X45 is my first light that outputs more than 500 lumen, and it is actually smaller and lighter than I have anticipated.

From 500 to 16,500?

Nothing too drastic :smiley:

Yeah, 33 times output, so looks ~5 times brighter… so brightness not too drastic indeed, unlike the heat.

Nope - they look similar at the 1st glance but that one in fact is Soshine INR26650M.

There is difference in capacity/internal resistance, there is a whole thread on BLF on it, see esp. the “real vs fake” comment

I do not like to use resize by percentage as small images will pixelate on my FHD desktop display. It just looks really bad.

Olight H2R NW joined the force. It soon became my favorite EDC/ Headlamp!

Nice tint around 5000k. Olight H2R NW, Manker E02 219c 4000K, SKILHUNT H03 NW ~4500K

it might be a tint lotery but the reviews in this fórum show the H2R NW more like 4000k, if I knew that the tint is going to be 4700-5000k I’d buy one right now

Might be the new batch that has a cooler emitter? I got one a couple weeks ago and the tint is very close to my Nichia 219C 5000k lights. I was fully expecting 4000k but not in my case. I love my H2R!

Powerbank link ?

X7 host. Not sure what to do with it, maybe put the copper heatsink from the SS in it with an XHP50.2?

My H2R NW is closer to 4000k nichia than 5000k. But the tint just feels nice to the eyes.

The CW version is 100% pure CW like the XPL HI 1A. No yellow or green.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUKEY-5000mAh-Power-Bank-Qualcomm-Quick-Charge-3-0-Cylindrical-Portable-External-Battery-Support-Fast-Charging/32811152439.html

I get all my power banks and phone chargers from this brand/store (it’s an ali top brand, so it’s either official store or official reseller) and I’m very satisfied so far with everything. The rectangular power banks use flat phone-style Li-ion batteries, but bigger, and the reason I posted this one here it’s because I found out it used a 26650.

That thread seems not to have found an agreement if they’re fakes or different batches, the one on the power bank doesn’t have a brand sticker or marking like the linked soshine has, so we’ll never know

5 shockli 26650 5500 mAh and 1 trustfire 32650.

I reviewed a similar non-quickcharge model last year, wasn’t too impressed by it. I hope they’ve improved the boost circuit. Appears to be the same battery…

As far as I’ve tested, It got my phone (S7) from 60% up to 80% in about 12min, drawing about 8.96V and 1.46A. After that, as expected after the 80% barrier, it went to 9V and 0.8A (to 0.67A after 5 more minutes at 85% and still decreasing)

I can’t tell if this is on or sub par in relation to other power banks, but it faster than my non-QC power banks

There seems to be some tint lottery with NW H2Rs. Some are very warm, some are 5000K and a little on the rosy side, much like a 5000K MT-G2.

Careful with those though.

I hope there will be a cheaper non-charging verison

I’ve heard of the new batch H2R will use ~5000k tint. The free units provided by Olight for reviewer & 1st batch H2R all used 3800~4000k tint. This information didn’t confirm by Olight. So, check with the vendor or store before you purchase H2R!
If anyone concerned about the live charging contacts tailcap, There are many ways can deal with it

1. Simply cover charge contacts with tape.
  2. use vtc6, 30Q, HG2 or any high drain button-top 18650 battery instead Olight proprietary 18650 cells.
  3. if you must use Olight proprietary battery, cover it with Terminal Insulator sticker.
  4. Use Olight S2 Tailcap, This way you can use any high drain 18650 cells you want ( both flat-top or button-top 18650 & Olight proprietary battery)