What you got today

Hi all, new here, Phillip from South Africa. Hope im writing in the right place.
The Fenix range torches is my favorite, except for a few silly ones. My issue is
after my TK11 got stolen, i went and got a replacement, but the new one does not have the smooth reflector,
instead it has like a orange peel surface, and its notably dimmer than my old one
does anybody know the thinking behind this please?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I need this

They are on a flash sale at Gearbest right now . I didn't realize it was rechargeable when I got it so imagine my surprise when the light stayed on after I unplugged it .Mine came with a regular 5v.wall wort so I didn't expect that.

Received my first BLF Q8 yesterday. This light is amazing! The “BLF” inscription fits perfectly because it’s cheap and does not fail in making you have fun!

As a friend of mine said after using it, “this is the coolest flashlight you ever bought”.

Today I received a headlamp; a cheapy similar to the D25 that has been reviewed a few times here. Mine is the single LED version, also available under some other names. Mine was from an Aliexpress seller.

I bought it without a cell as I have plenty of known quality ones already.

I have already done the simplest mod. I replaced the reflector with an optic I had. The optic was one of those 20mm diameter types that come with a white or black plastic holder. I removed the holder and after filing down the diameter a small amount, the optic fits very well. When the lens cap/ring is screwed back on with the stock glass lens in place it is a nice tight fit. The optic is a 60-degree type IIRC. The beam is nicer, for my purposes than the original with the reflector that has a pronounced hot spot.

The UI is actually not bad at all. I may not touch the driver, but I may swap the emitter for something a little warmer. Have to look through the parts on hand.

Hard to beat for about $10.

FWIW….

We have almost no bare light or white colored walls. If I had a wider optic I would even try it. They make 90 and 120 degree versions.

My second son…

Congratulations! :partying_face:
That’s a rabbit right? I see you’re already raising him to be a Lumintop fan. :+1:

Congrats to the birth of your son - What a wonderful contribution to this world!
Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy life!

2 wives. 5 kids to 54 yrs. 10 grandkids to 34 yrs.

Keep practicing hey. chuckle.
and ditto to above too.

We’ll keep practicing, but I’ll soon shoot blanks… LOL two kids are enough for us :wink:

Congrats X3! And I can confirm 2 are enough :smiley:

Congratulations X3!

Congratulations!

Congrats to Mr and Mrs X3. Nice work. :beer:

Congrats ... That's a good looking boy !

Kind of makes my D10 clone insignificant :P

Today I got a -

$10 Ebay Boruit D10 minus 3$ off ebay discount day so it ended up only $7

BUT

It's not the same as the ehl0168? that I got from boruit ali express a year ago for $11

• different strap, but pretty close copy .
  • Different rear strap adjusters ..slips more than originals.(again close)
  • front plastic holder has a little slop side to side and the light pops out much easier
  • Ano is slicker compared to a much more matte finish on original doesn't seem worse or better just a slicker look and feel. makes the light look cheaper but ano looks like what you'd expect(I like the matte )
  • knurling is more aggressive than the original which was checkered but not really knurled //neither is right or wrong.
  • tint is cooler white and worse than the original ... but not much worse.
  • Ui appears to be the same ,same modes ...no pwm and similar output.
  • Worth $7.... but I wanted a second light ...not something different .

Ebay was easier to shop from vs. Ali Express but it really didn't pay off .Buy it from Ali Express!

Congrats X3, which flashlight are you getting him?

I’m looking more at Folding and Kitchen knives again at present.
The Torchs are going a bit Ho-Hum. Everybody basically following everybody else wit little variation.
We need more LED’s Less complex Drivers and hopefully more variations in body/head shapes,sizes.
I’m saving for a Takayuki Iwai Aogami Super Clad Kurouchi RS Santoku Knife at present, to compliment the 2 others I have. ($250/300)
plus a https://www.hocho-knife.com/iseya-i-series-33-layer-vg-10-damascus-hammered-chef-knife-gyuto-210mm/ For $135. For visitors.
Keep their hands off the good ones.
Those Takayuki Iwai are a reaal nice, THIN bladed tool that cuts like a Samuri sword. You think. It’s cut. Frightening.

Luckily, over the yrs I accumulated a lot of fishing, boating, shooting, sailing, etc gear.
and can sell to buy with no actual cash out of my current income taking place.

Being older has some advantages.

Thanks evryone, I couldn’t be a happier man right now :laughing:

Well, someone pointed that there was a bunny on his pajamas so Lumintop is tempting… I should lend him my GT Micro Black Flat lol.
My first one loves to play with some of my less powerful ones and even got a tamed S2+ with 1*7135 Biscotti driver and a 3000K LH351B for the nocturnal peepees…

Back on subject, I got myself a nice pair of Bluetooth earplugs from BG (Blitzwolf BW FYE2) and I really love them.
The sound is really good, with powerful basses and detailed medium, autonomy is right on and the automatic pairing hen you pick them in their charging case is really practical !