What you got today

Nice! 8)

CRI goodness!

hi, can you provide link to that 3 x "some emitter" star (top-right side of pic). thanks

looks interesting :)

Nice stuff! I see you ordered from Craig at IS. He’s the man!!

https://illuminationsupply.com/indus-star-xpg-5000k-75-cri-3up-354lm-p-135.html?zenid=fe991ca133c548f24764333fbb5c7915

Also Installed them just then. Tint is a beautiful white, sitting around the 4-5 tint cree binning range (which is perfect) but the 2 I just installed are both feel closer to white than green/pink. This is compared to all various tints I have, and under room lighting consisting of a 6.5K white LED light, and 4K fluros. Will have to see how these compare to daylight though.

CRI is definitely very good, with a nice balance of colours, without the need to go for a really warm tint which I'm not too keen on. High CRI isn't really noticeable as a tint per-se but it makes the colours appear more vivid. If you know what a cool white tint is like in the outdoors, its somewhat like having a haze between you and the target, the High CRI seems to take that haze away bringing you colours instead. (of course if there is real fog/atmospheric interference, you can't overcome that)

Should have my order from IS today also

Can't wait to hear what you end up doing with all of that. What are the black disks in the middle of the bag on the right?

2 Nichia high CRI on 10mm bases...

Black disks are actually XM-L optics with a black plastic frame. wide and wide frosted I think is what I ordered.

Anyone tried putting Nichia in a zoomie? Any beamshots available?

5/5 order from DX arrived on Saturday. 14 days from order, 11 from email ship date, and - even better - only 8 days from when the tracker says it was accepted at HK Post. Unfortunately, USPS only left a slip in the mailbox at the street, so today I just got back home from the PO with the package.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/cree-r2-wc-3-mode-0-100-led-drop-in-module-for-wf-502b-and-flashlights-alike-3-6v-8-4v-17593?item=4#open full view

Another nice E1320 recommendation: Even though it's an "old" XRE-R2, this may turn into one of my favorite lights. Especially after I get it into a MatchMini. As shipped, this drop-in should make an excellent EDC task light, rather than a pocket rocket.

Warmest tint of every LED I have, but fortunately not yellow . . pretty neutral and probably with the best CRI I have, too.

Cool ramping feature which I think will be good UI for the MatchMini . . I'm consistently able to set it at well below the stated low draw of 250mA (5% would only be 55mA so I'm thinking typo) . . my first few tries have been only 30 to 40 mA with 1 cell, so a very low light level is available.

I thought maybe I could click to bypass the ramping, but that doesn't seem to work. Ramping speed is about right; not too fast or too slow. If there is a trick to move ramping back to hidden mode, somebody please let me know.

Curious about what other emitters have been tried with this driver and the results. An XPG-R5 would up the lumens for the high end, maybe allow longer run times with low use. XML would do the same with floody light. I will probably order more.

I got the flames above to run this drop-in with 2 cells.

Bonus - batteries came in FREE clear version of this. Spare Duraloops got a new home.

Plus we got a strip of 2032 batteries for some older lights and a travel alarm clock.

Got this Soldering iron tip cleaner. Didn't try it yet.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/soldering-iron-tip-cleaner-black-34154?item=1

Three weeks from ordering. Seems we are finally back to the old DX practice. Not lightning fast, but reliable. I'm like that as well. Smile

Thrunite T30 from Illumination Supply came today - I am blown away by this light, especially for $37 shipped. Ordered last Wednesday, 5/16. Actually got to Illinois Saturday but I had to wait until today to get it at work.

Also got a Coast G-10. Cost $3.50 and a few minutes of my time doing their survey. Not a bad little light, handsome but pretty dim purplish beam. meh. Probably stick it in my wife's purse.

Crazily awesome thick gloss coat over a stained laminated bamboo material (not veneer) Colour would be slightly darker and less red that photo on my screen suggests. Sounds is amazing too. Came double boxed with a foam supports, with each speaker in its own draw string felt bag, and to top it off, it came with a pair of white felt gloves... Great for handling my precious high gloss flashlights?

Awesome !!!

What do you have for the rest of your system.

Got a replacement P60 drop in ( a good one) from solarforce and a clip and spare glass, orings. thanks Jo. No need to involve Paypal when dealing with solarforce. Just contact them.

Today I received an envelope of DrJones. In it there was:

-a 3.5A luxdrv driver (he did an awesome job of piggybacking those AMCs.. no way I could do such detailed soldering)

-a 1A lumodrv driver

-3 AMCs to play with

-and a T6 3C XML from CNQG (pulls about 4.1A)

I recently received a WW T6 (no binning specified) from led-tech.de on copper PCB. It pulls about 3.5A.. didnt have time to compare them yet. :/

Now I'm still waiting for my UF H3 to mod with lumodrv and XML.. :(

Today I got a pair of TrustFire 26650 5000mAh from Manafont ordered on May 4th, and an UltraFire HD2010 from EasyLightBuy ordered on May 5th. Emitter seems a wee bit off center, should I try (and how?) to reposition it, or leave it like this?

Nothing wrong with it. Others had the same thing. The reflector moves around a wee bit when assembling, making the emitter look off-center. Loosen the bezel and jiggle the light until the reflector seats just right and tighten without throwing it off. You can make it perfect with only a few minutes effort tops.

Yesterday I received my free holster from Telman2 as well as my "free" ($3.50 shipping) Coast G10 flunklight, err, uh...flashlight. Nice knurling and ano, but the crappy on both ends with the 5mm LED and junk tail switch. Real waste of a nice body but not much you can do to improve it. No brighter than a generic fauxton but with an AAA cell it should run a lot longer than one.