What you got today

I got this late yesterday from DHL after customs had a field day with it for a couple days and used about 30feet of packing tape to get the packaging back together. Thanks Ric, I love it!!!

Today I received:

5 X SK68 extension tubes (complete with throwaway 1-mode lights)

2 X titanium iTP EOS A3 (wife was not pleased at the unheralded arrival)

A Nichia 3 up that I thought was parallel but turned out to be a series board.

Got my Shadow BL-21 bike light today. Sweet!

(Image: Courtesy shadow-amu.com)

what are your first impressions?

Got a tank007 e09 from dinodirect. This is the best i ever got from DD.
Very Nice in a tin Gift box. Maybe I order another for me and gift this to someone on Christmas.

See my sig, i got the same thing on order. Somehow the envelope never reached me, it's now officially declared as lost shipment and they are preparing to resend it (Thanks DD for the great service!!).

Werner, check out my other post for an alternative source. Shipping from China has been insecure lately imho.

Especially for its price, half as expensive as Olight i3!, one opens the gift box and thinks immediately "wow this is a really nice product/quality!". Sells well at the alternative source!!

Greetings,

This is my first post, but I been lurking awhile!

Received 12 WF-501bs today from a fleabay vendor. Quality is nowhere near the quality of the one that I got from Tmart a few weeks ago. I am almost certain that they are fakes. I bought these as Christmas gifts for customers and want to get if remedied quickly. Any thoughts on a good way to proceed? For now I have an email in to Ultrafire to confirm if they are indeed fakes:

(start email)

1. I buy 1 wf-501b from Tmart. Good light. I like it.

2. I buy 12 wf-501b from ebay(cenn 2010). Poor quality. Packaging say “BANGGOOD.COM”. I think FAKE.

3. Some differences:
a)Good light: b)Bad light:
a)smooth black finish b)matt finish / frosted finish

a)circuit board soldered to brass holder b)circuit board crimped to brass holder, no solder

a)circuit board to spring good solder joint b)circuit board to spring bad solder joint

a)circuit board has gold plate finish b)circuit board has tin / silver plate finish

a)tail spring has silver finish b) tail spring has light gold finish (yes, suspected fake has light gold finish)
a) smooth threads b)rough threads
a)battery tube has insert at (positive) end b) battery tube has NO insert at (positive) end (with tail cap and reflector cover unscrewed,

battery falls completely through tube)

Is this a fake Ultrafire WF-501B?

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.
(end email)

Current plan is to wait for confirmation of fake from Ultrafire, go through vendor and ebay for refund. But frankly it would not be out of line to make vendor get genuine articles expedited from from Ultrafire - at vendor’s expense!

Thanks!

Lol try to use the edit button to make changes to your post…
And try to use delete button to delete your post by yourself

Sounds like fakes to me, Tom. It also sounds like even if you return the fleabay lights you will never get the replacements in time for CHristmas unless you order them from Tmart and they ship from the US warehouse. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Trouble is Tmart shipped the good one from their China warehouse.

Even if I reorder from Tmart, I’d probably have to pay airfreight.

Tom S

I got a Enlan EL01A today from Exduct. It is a really nice knife!!

http://www.exduct.com/Chinese-Folding-Knives/Bee-Enlan-Knives/EL01-Bee-Folding-Knife.html#

got a microtech troodon clone otf knife from aliexpress, kickass knife. always wanted one could not justify the $400.

ken

You could order 502b’s from the TMart warehouse and get them in time. The 502B is really the same sort of light, just different style. I happen to like it better anyways.

http://www.tmart.com/UltraFire-WF-502B-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-5-Mode-950LM-Focus-Flashlight-Black_p134043.html

I checked again at Tmart and found that they have the 501 at the US warehouse. The first one was ordered under a different part number for several dollars less. They quoted me a better price now for 12 pieces so I think I will order from Tmart.

You also mentioned the 502s. Is there any real difference other than a few grams, 1/4 inch length, and a pocket clip? Same optics, driver, etc?

I just think is looks a little more manly.

You can find either with a large variety of drop-ins or add the drop-in separate. Same P60 host, different styling.

Hi Dale, how much did you get those Tenergy’s for? Thanks