What you got today

Ebay Link

Ships to: United States only

Sorry about that. Please check similar product with free wordwide shipping at Tmart or FastTech

so, did you try it out :slight_smile: it’s interesting how they are mostly orange&black combinacion

Got a Shadow SL3 and a couple of TrustFire 26650 from Wallbuys today. Also included were a couple of iphone 5 silicone bumper cases. I didn’t order the iphone 5 cases. They were wrapped around the TrustFire batteries with packing tape. Maybe they ran out of bubble wrap?

Yes, It is very important to check temperature while reflowing a GPU chip. This thermometer worked without a hitch :slight_smile:

bgyen, how is that SL3? There was a report that the WB one is not good quality.

I got my ArmyTek Viking from IS today. A real tank of a light. This is the V2 version, about 570lm OTF. My only peeve is the fine dust-like marks on the inside of the lens. Oh, and that squishy switch boot, sticks out way too much. Otherwise an awesome tactical light. Glad I got it. The ano is unique in toughness and texture.

I don’t think the one I got is poor quality. It’s really well put together from what I can tell. The other thread mentioned sharp edges in the machining, but I don’t really find them to be that bad. Brightness seems about right (I only can compare to D40A, and a BTU Shocker). It’s brighter than the D40A, but I don’t think it’s brighter than the Shocker (my Shocker has more of NW tint) as far I can tell. I’ve only played with it inside so far. The anodizing was good as well, could not find any bad spot. I think maybe the other fellow just got a bad one. I quite happy with the one I got. I only put on some more lube on the threads; it came with some on them, but it was less than minimal.

Is it the Viking S V2 xp-g of the Viking X xm-l on special for $45? Great price on awesome lights!!

Do you have a ‘branded’ meter like a Fluke to compare it’s accuracy? I’m really tempted to buy one at US$14 but I’m afraid the readings might be very off. :slight_smile:

i got my jacob a60 from dx for 9.70 shipped

not bad - emitter is off center, the lens is scratched and its a cheap light

but not complaining for 9.70!

it can roll around my car with a set of tff 18650s i got for $5 as well from dx :slight_smile:

maybe emitter swap?

JM, the Viking V2 with XP-G is $45, Viking X V2 with XM-L is $50. Not a bad price, right around half the price of the V2.5 model. My way of verifying that I like the host. I like it enough that I have no need to spend more to get the new model. Really nice flashlight. If any flashlight is going to survive a disaster, this is the one. Anyone looking for more output should go for the V2.5. I don’t think this is easily opened up.

I got this drop-in beauty today! I ordered it custom for my scout, outdoor and 18650 EDC needs. This little guy is truly a mix of art and german engineering at it’s best. Erste klasse Vinz!

I got my hs1010a light meter, newfrog ships dammed fast off ebay guys, now I can start documenting how effective mods are, expect some mithering posts on working out throw etc.

I’m also going to have to build an integrating drain tube and get some ansi lights for calibration purposes……damm!

check out the link in my sig, best thing since the c8 i tell ya... credit goes to _the_ but i copied and saved my own. dont ask me how to make it on your own though... i have no idea

cant wait to see some of your readings on your lights

I cant wait to test the l2, and the resulting upgrades, be nice to know what 50 bucks or so is actually doing lux wise, I know that by eye its throwing dammed far, like a possible 850 metres according to google maps. I just want to verify that.

I also seem to think Tom e uses the same lux meter which would hopefully make our readings comparable, and I get the new gords cave next month……no longer will mrs gords have to tolerate torch builds in the living room while she watches telly lol.

Got some Sanyo 18650 batteries from FT. Came with a tracking number, checked it on the Hong Kong Post site, and said it left. After seeing that it’s left I usually keep checking Canada Post. Could not find it in the system. Most times I’ll see it arrive in Canada. This time nothing, then all of a sudden the bell rings at the door and it’s delivered! I then I checked the Canada Post site again, but it only lists the package as being delivered.

finaly received order from IO: 16 and 20 mm Noctigon stars for XML, 18mm AR coated glass lens that doesn’t look coated at all, and some forward clickys :slight_smile:

I just received a monster ! Heavy and of high quality.

Is this normal that the light fade slowly to high and low output after 10 seconds ? Maybe low batteries or bad driver ?