What you got today

Lol… mine was on a budget… its only a 2007 and its been in a low speed accident so all the right hand fairings are cracked lol… Managed to pick it up for £600 the other day. The storage is just unbelievable on it… two full face helmets under the seat no problem. Its also quite nippy, surprised for a 125 as i had 75mph showing on the clock yesterday. Its just got a bit of a fueling problem at the minute though at low revs but i think its just a carb clean. Still im very happy with it as a brand new one would have cost £3400!

Received BlackShadow Eva from Wallbuys.
Its good little light. $10 from install kill promotion.

Today my xm-l2 u2 1c on noctigons arrived. I sliced up the domes and have them soaking inggasoline to dedome them for my tr-j19 with dry driver and upgraded wiring. :)

Olight I3S EOS from HKEquip. My first XP-G2 light. Great little keychain light. Fit and finish appear to be high quality and I like the mode spacing and UI. My first purchase from HKEQuipment and it was a very good experience.

“25mm Neodymium Magnet Spheres - Iron Grey (2 PCS)” for $3.30, from Wallbuys. Probably ferrite, but nice. They chirp when thrown up together like those ferrite ellipsoids. Not as strong magnets and don’t feel as cold as I would expect from neodymium, uniform lustrous dark grey, almost black.
After looking at descriptions and pictures of Nd-Fe… magnets, these are clearly ferrite. The ones I save from old Sonicair toothbrush heads are probably neodymium magnets.

Err…… nothing because my consignment was seized by customs (see various recent pertinent threads) But it’s OK because the postman and I always have a nice chat regardless. :slight_smile:

links please ken.

I got my fluke 117.

myvex landlord sat on the red slip a week, then it took me a week to get back to him, ascertain that’s where my meter had got too and collect.

cant wait to get it calibrated and set for some proper use (as in not torch related lol) I’ve been stuck with my clamp meter for the last six months.

nice thing, it came with the magnet strap too, that’ll be real useful under vehicles for me.

XP-E2 R5's and a solar charger that I'll be reviewing for another site unless I can find a way to make the information relevant here too. Hopefully I get my Noctigons from Hank soon so I can finish building my Jacobs A60.

Apologies gords1001 I should have of course linked this comment:-

Got my Excel XL830L DMM from the Tmart sale,

http://www.tmart.com/Digital-LCD-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Ohmmeter_p112830.html]

with a FL,

http://www.tmart.com/3W-200-Lumens-MXDL-Super-Bright-LED-Flashlight-Black_p100653.html

My first Solarforce host,

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FB&s=7&id=288

Just picked this up today along with DRL (Daytime running lights) harness. Looks to be a Cree XPE, brighter than the SMD LEDs standard in these type of applications. It'll be my new retrofit DRL. Some neat features with the harness is that there is a 20-30 sec delay off when you shut the engine off. Also when the indicators come on, the DRL on that side shuts down or dims to 40%. Beats wiring it to the ignition.

sunwayman d40a neutral

big order of fasttech 18650s

For cells, could people list when shipped and which postal carrier it was sent by?

10 x 1.6MM HSS Drill Bits, perfect fit in small Dremel collet. I’ll tame that Enlan pivot pin!
Good size for Glow In The Dark dots, fill the shallow (not through) drilled holes in lights with Epoxy and Glow powder, bit of fun anyway.
Might order some 3.2mm bits as well. :slight_smile:

Trustfire 3T6 from Amazon, came in a nice printed box with ext. tube.

hk post

shipped 9/1

Unbranded “CREE Q5 300LM LED 3 Mode Zoomable Headlight Torch Light Head Lamp Hotsell EP98” 18650 from eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121161815800&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160.
Nice for the money. Light, short, comfortable on the head nice looking except for a partly missing fin. Build is mostly pretty good. Good lens, good flood to throw, adjustable. Threads fit well. Some o-rings. Nice appearance. Not all internal parts seem rugged. XR-E “Q5” is a bit dated. Square fins are neither as effective for cooling nor as easy to machine as trapezoidal fins. Perhaps they wanted to avoid a military look. Happy as usual.
The lens is so large and short focal length that, except when focused in, there is yellow around the outside of the spot, from the yellow light scattered sideways by the phosphor of the XR-E. The spot is no smaller than that of an SK68, but the lens is larger.

My Excel DT9205A meter from Tmart.

Solarforce battery cases and 6 CR123's. HK post, 7days transit time.

Silicone grease, kapton tape, & banana plugs for spare DMM leads for almost nothing thanks to the DX-man certificate; arriving in 12 days - shipped w/o tracking on 9/2 via HK Post

Next international package due is 2 cells WB reported as shipped on 9/9.

OSTS Fandyfire STL-V6 from the good gentleman jmpaul320.

And a shadow TC300.

Really impressed by both lights. The OSTS of course is a naaasty thrower for its size and cost.

The Shadow machining is top notch. Seriously looks like it should cost more than $30. Plastic lens and probably reflector however. Modes are L-M-H-Strobe which is meh.