What you got today

Four KKs, shrink wrap for cells and some solder paste.

I got a replacement tailcap for a UF S5 from the Ebay seller “poozoo”, no charge, which was amazing for a $2.99 light :)!! The original tailcap switch on one of the ones I bought stopped clicking.

Highly recommended!

That’s awesome to hear…. maybe that means we all still have hope then…. I have 4 battery orders from them with 3 shipped on the 5th and one reshipped on the 13th.

Looking good so far, thanks for the info.

Set up with 4x 16340's (16.8v) using 1 extension with Solarforce L2P and L2T flat bezel, stainless steel lanyard ring from EDC+, and lanyard from a Jacob A60.

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FB&s=1&id=157

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?id=314&s=15&t=FA

http://edcplus.com/xeno-xrd-stainless-steel-lanyard-ring-for-6p-c2-f8-f7-g10-p-69.html

Can use 6xCR123A's (18v) with a second extension.

Lanyard ring from EDC+.

Are the lenses anti-reflective in UV?

They were for other lights. I asked about lenses for UV in another thread, no answer.

This!

I was just looking at buying a couple of those xeno rings last night but the postage was going to be more than the rings.
Anyway I bought a couple of these Titanium ones a few weeks ago, very nice and a good guy to buy from, there’s a buy thread on cpf where he shows the development of them. I bought from ebay but the cpf thread is here
I’m running the UV drop in with 6x 123A primaries and two extension tubes. I got another one a couple of days ago in case any thing happens to the one I’ve got in a light. I’ve tried several other drop-ins and this one is the best by far, not as bright as some but I’d be prepared to believe it’s near a true 365nm. It shows the hidden printing on U.K. banknotes where the others didn’t. Anyway that’s my light money gone for this month.

What did I get today, a SanRenMu BA-735 from Exduct shipped on 29th August with China Post.

Stiff to open when I got it. It’s succumbed to fettling nicely.

SK98 - thanks mb1 - WAY smaller and brighter than my ZY-603; this will give Eric’s 2100 a run for pocket time!

Confirms the ZY needs time in the garage to get the djozz FTT treatment …

No goodies today but received a letter from FedEx.

You owe CAD 21.39 for Customs Duty, Canada GST, British Columbia PST, Advancement Fee, & GST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees. Declared value was USD 50.00.

That's about 41% worth of taxes/duty/other BS fees assuming exchange rate is 1.05 therebouts.

CBSA can suck ballz!!!!

FedEx can suck ballz!!!

That’s about $6 in taxes and $15.39 in “Advancement Fees” and “Ancilliary Service Fees”. UPS does this too, but they just call it “Brokerage Fees”. Either way I think it’s a rip-off.

That is the reason why I try my very hardest only to have things shipped where it is handed off to Canadapost (CN, SJ, HK, USPS, etc.) when it gets here. Yes that means waiting longer, but both Fedex and UPS are by far the worst I have dealt with when it comes to these sorts of post delivery fees. Its not CBSA, it is FedEx that did all that…I have never had to pay duty or gst on anything that came on the Canada Post truck including items with their full values declared (moded btu).

Got a Solarforce K3vn from Vinhnguyen54. This thing is GORGEOUS. The tint is beautiful. The machining is great. Huge hotspot and great spill. The gladiator host is just the icing on the cake. Perfect weight for “self defense”

And an ebay find on a “for parts or non working” Life+gear LG454. I bought this light a while back and didnt feel it was worth the $100 costco was asking. Winning an ebay auction for $22 and trying to fix it myself was way more fun.

Thanks for the info. I've retracted the ballz sucking to CBSA and re-directed it FedEx.

It's $20 I did not budget to be giving to the gov't.

Got my Trustfire C8 from manxbuggy1 today .

It is every bit as bright as my XinTD V3 .

Cool Thanks , Rick .

A Fresnel lens from victor_jiake at DHGate. “flat fresnel lens for stage light with size 130mm and focus 50mm 153508269” US$ 6.68 shipped.
To see what a very short focus Fresnel lens is like. This one will not replace aspherics. It does project a small spot image of the led at focus, and it intercepts most of the led’s output, but somehow, between the reflections, the diffraction from all those edges and whatever I can’t think of, the led image does not seem to contain the majority of the light.
Perhaps it would do better with wider segments. Perhaps also with the outer segments using total internal reflection (TIR) instead of simply refraction. Definitely, with anti-reflection coating. I don’t fully understand it yet.

Later: I must have put the led to the wrong side of it. Now it works much as I would expect an asphereic of that size and focal length to behave. It throws a small spot that does include most of the led’s output. There are rings, but no more than an aspheric. There is a lot of color from chromatic aberration, but that should be expected. It does appear that these could replace smooth aspherics, being more compact and having other potential advantages.

3 laptop packs.

Two new victims lights, for me to butcher play with J)
Ultrafire-F10

Small_Sun_ZY_T08

All I need now is for my new solder station to arrive :~

Cheers David

Not my photo but I’ve got this waiting for me at home today: