What you got today

Lots of packages today!

Got two Sipik SK68 clones(UltraOK ZS-2) from an ebayseller(16$ for two), that awed me more than expected. It's quite nice, and gives lots of light from a single AA NiMH cell. Could easily imagine me ordering a couple more of these as gifts.

Also got an Ultrafire S10 from DX that was a little dissapointing with a single NiMH cell - going to try it with a 14500 when it gets here.

And last but not least, I got an WF-502B host with an R2 dropin. Makes a quite nice thrower with an aspheric lens.

Life is good

Jacobhl, did youi put an aspheric in the 502? Would like more comments about the beam and focus with that setup, as I have 4 aspherics I bought from DX but have not installed yet.

Vectrex, on Eneloops or Alkalines, the Xeno is just alright, maybe a tad brighter than a G-10 or U-20. On 14500, it is extremely bright, but still with a creamy white light, nice warm tint even though it is supposedly Neutral White.

I couldn't find my pliers(things seem to be lost around here ;)), so I swapped the drop-in to a Skyray S-R5 P60 host I had laying around(where I could swap the optics without pliers), so I don't know how it looks in the 502.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/img20110604161031.jpg - From approximately 1.9 meter - 20.5cm long ruler on the floor

ImageShack - img20110604160936.jpg - R2 aspheric with smooth reflector

ImageShack - img20110604160820.jpg - R2 aspheric with OP reflector

ImageShack - img20110604160806.jpg - R2 asheric OP on the left - Sipik clone on the right

ImageShack - img20110604160746.jpg - R2 aspheric OP on left - manafont XM-L smooth reflector on right

I actually quite like the R2 with a smooth reflector, and the DX 28mm aspheric lens. Just enough out of focus that you can't see the shape of the emitter, but still gives a tight hotspot.

edit: And just for the fun of it: A picture of the aspheric lens on the manafont XM-L(smooth reflector), compared to the Sipik clone(so you can compare hotspot size on the image with the R2 emitter and Sipik) :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/img20110604163133.jpg

Solarforce L2P fwith 3 mode cree rom Soalrforce-US, 2 weeks. Very nice quality. Tailswitch is very stiff.

Trustfire XP-E-F23 from TMart, 6 days! It's nice, but why did I order it & what will I do with it? It has this wrist lanyard. No pocket clip or way to attach to a key chain. Maybe it lives in my cell phone holster.

Holster & Clicky from ITC Shop, 9 days. Holster is ok, nice snug fit for the L2P. Solarforce Clicky is shiny black, L2P is matte black. Works on L2P but doesn't look good.

Joel

@Joel - I put a tiny split ring from something else I had onto my F23 then Hung it around my neck on a length of paracord. Slips down the front of my shirt when I’m not using it and easy to get to when I need. Can also turn it on and hang it outside your shirt to work hands free. Also looks like stuffy jewelry.
Good light choices. Pop a 10440 into the F23 and prepare to be blown away!

Thanks - I have several "Things you hang around your neck to hang badges on" things. That's an idea.

Joel

sorry for the bad pics but here they are

UZI Tactical Pen with Glass Breaker Gun Metal Grey

Peter Janda Fin Fixed Blade Drop Point Tactical Knife

I'm going to have to find those mud crystals. I thought they were just plastic beads. lol

GV2-909

Did yours also have that fancy box with manual and everything? This was a little different, to what I am used to.

Nothing today and to be honest I'm not even sure what I'm waiting on

from Manafont in 8 days.

I like the Skyray! Just feels nice in my hand. The Ultrafire 504B is ok, seems like a cheaper version of the L2P - shiny black instead of matte - but it does tailstand.

Joel

That’s what’s so good about the budget light game. You get to surprise yourself

Joel, two great lights, you will love them both, and you can't beat the price for that kind of quality. Agree, the SkyRay feels good.

Today I got a box from Ledsupply containing a brand new MC-E emitter, courtesy of OldBobK! This is to be used for testing current vs lumen output, much like I did with the xml.

Thanks Bob!

Been out of state for a few days. Received my twenty 18650 unprotected on Friday and got my Masterpiece Pro 1 today. (with free L1i tube - tube and switch, no head)

Foy

Received a Uniquefire AA-S1 w/Osram emitter...LOVE this thing, awesome light for less than ten bucks. Took 12 days to receive from DX.

What is the tint like ?

I got my coast 'free' $3.50 light in a box, nice presentation. After my f23, I am spoil, not that bright to my eyes. Anyone has 2 cross hair on the light ? Good deal on the free light. Thanks for the tip.

Did you get the AAA light from Coast? I remember some time back it was reported here by ( forgive me I do not rember who) that they stopped for a while sending that light out.