What you got today

Convoy C8 modded by DBCstm with a MT-G2 via Scot.

A dozen blue label no name 18650 cells from Tmart US warehouse for $15. Going to use these cells in a usb portable power box from Fastech bought 3, each box takes 3 cells.

Scary! Be safe plz and thanks!

In the future only use NCR18650B’s, they are expensive, but worth it :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

It's not so bad if you test and match them, presumably with a hobby charger. I just ordered a bunch of cells and will put together some very closely matched sets.

Exactly, I’ve purchased these blue label button tops from Tmart before. The batteries came individually boxed, heat shrink wrapped partially and all bundled in heavy duty carton box in a bubbled envelope, nice! I took reading with my mm, almost all were 3.86 volts, except 2, 3.78 & 3.75., beautiful. For $15.

I do have quite a few of the Keeppower (pannys) NCR18650b on hand for my flashlights. I figure I get these cheapies for the portable power.

“not much” portable power :wink:

-Jamie M.

I recieved my Warrior & Samsung 20R’s from Fastech,
the batch of Emitters from OldLumens,
and some other new N/W XM-L2’s from another supplier !
now i want to put three Neutral/White XM-L2s in the Warrior. (the stock emitters are way to bluish cool white.)

I got nothin today! :frowning: Hoping for a better day tomorrow! :email: :slight_smile:

After customs broke the glass audio tube and it sat there for two weeks but I finally got it! I had ordered new tubes from Russia to replace the chinese one it came with anyway :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

Cool!!
How is the sound?

Absolutely mind blowing on my Sennheiser Amperior headphones!!! At 1/8th volume it tickles my ear hair! lol. Was playing some 24bit/96khz vinyl rip Michael Jackson and you’d swear he was performing in the room with you (i.e. the start of black or white). It really takes the “digital” sound out of MP3’s!!! Makes them sound live, really crisp and clean :smiley:

-Jamie M.

oh wow!!
I got to look into buying one. Sounds amazing!!

It is. It especially comes to life on 24bit/96khz FLAC files (usually vinyl rips remastered). Just freaky how much detail you can hear :slight_smile:

I got it for $145 on massdrop, crazy good deal. I got the russian tubes from poland for $32 shipped, can hook ya up with the link. The stock chinese tube that comes with the amp isn’t horrible but it doesn’t clean up the MP3’s nearly as nice :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

There have been guys modding these things lately…just search “police light mod”

Doing some pretty amazing things with them actually

thanks! I would love a link. I’ve always wanted to get the proper set up.

Comes in a matched pair but you only need one. Guess you have a backup or if you got a friend who also gets the amp as well then you’re both set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171232757874

ONLY ONE LEFT! If you search out “6N23P Russian Voskhod Rocket” you might be able to find more if he gets sold out. You can check out this in depth review of that dac/amp and he also tried TONS of different tubes and lets you know how each one alters the sound: Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

-Jamie M.

Many thanks!!!

I edited the post/link for one that has ONE left in stock :wink: Just in case you didn’t notice.

-Jamie M.

A TrustFire Mini-01. Beautiful, compact and bright large keychain light. The twist feels a bit rough and it goes on and off as it is tightened. The body contacts the driver board ground to turn it on, but neither is perfectly perpendicular to the screw axis, so they come in and out of contact as it is tightened. This seems usual for twisties, and for keychain use may be better than the extra space for a button switch.
It may replace the TrustFire Z1 as my favorite daytime carry light. The total outputs are similar. The smaller XR-E led of the Z1 gives it more throw, while the XM-L of the 01 gives more run time for similar light output. I measure over 2 A tail current on high in the Z1 and less than 1 A in the Mini-01. If most of that goes to the emitter, it is very conservative for the 01 and way off the graph for the Z1. The description says it has memory, but that does not seem to matter with the jumpy twist switch, and it mostly always starts in high. It doesn’t need memory, because high is not too high for normal use.

It would be nice if you document (with photos) process of disassembling the warrior, especially the driver :wink: thanks…