What you got today

Finished My blue solarforce l2p, orange tailcap. Has an XP-L v4-3d, driven by a BLF17DD.

Very nice looking light you’ve got there. Love the stainless + blue + orange.

recently got this pouch and xml2 u2 4c from fasttech for my Seraph SP6 clone

Pouch is too short for my light but a velcro strip should fix this problem
Loved the 18650 holder but I doubt I’ll be using it

Also talked about this XML2 U2 4C in another thread

In the mail from RMM: 5- TP4056 chargers with assorted current set resistors and 2 customized star drivers for a currently underway project.

On the porch: a new honking huge magnifying lamp to see those small parts and a self leveling laser for work.

I got these really nice mueller solid copper alligator clips today for $1/ea

Only waiting on the voltage display for my driver test rig

The display will go there on the base black box above the 3 switches. The 2 large Omten’s are in the + and - feed, the smaller one is a momentary switch to pull a pin low. This isn’t a really indepth / performance analyzing test setup, just for quick bench testing before final assembly and to test low voltage settings. I have a 50mV shunt I can stick in line if I need to know the draw but I have a different test setup for the more detailed testing and analysis or drivers still in design stages, this is just supposed to be a quick and simply one.

Not much lately:

I just got a small shipment in from FastTech:

I had purchased several of these items to use with the C20 host I had puchased and reviewed briefly last year: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/16942

At that time, I wasn't too crazy about the light as an EDC, but the clip is a perfect fit for this light, and I find it to be much more useful for carry. Now that it's getting dark earlier, I like having the extra capacity of a full 18650, and the brightness offered by a 3A XM-L in a pocket-sized package.

The above-referenced OP reflector is a good fit for this host, and works great. The TIRs fit the host once the white plastic holder is removed; I'm not a fan of the 10-degree optic, but the 45-degree works very well. I've also got the 60-degree optics coming to compare. I have a couple of other budget EDC-format hosts on the way so I can work on several different configurations.

I got 8 packages today, all just components except this:

I’m using this as a host for a deep red LEDENGIN LZ4 (10v large super powerful emitter) and a reflector I found to fit it. It’ll be my hunting light this year.

I got a second FT package today, this time with the new $5 MXDL 18650 host.

No good. Hollow, press fit pill hyper-blue CW emitter, plastic lens, plastic reflector, not much count as a budget host.

<Edit>Pill is hollow, but is threaded in. All of my other comments stand. I'll probably end up digging into my box-o-parts to piece this into a mildly-driven host, but overall, it's not great. I'll try to write a comparison against a couple of other hosts and post here later.

Got a pair of A6’s for build hosts and a UF-1405 for an xmas gift to a friend. Also got 4 buck converters off ebay for $5 flat. The inductor’s on them are $2.66 alone so I’m gonna strip them for parts.

K40M ACEBEAM FOR $ 79.00

Very nice and bright light.

Thrunite TN32. Fast -Free shipping, from Calif. to TN. in 3 days.

I saw one of those at the Proctology Clinic. I left before the procedure was scheduled.

Here's the pic in question:

And for those of you keeping score at home, that's a reference to post #6953... from two months ago. :O :D :)

i got 2x xtar ul1s

New phone :slight_smile:

Battery life is bad, reception is poor, and it gets so hot it burns my ear when I try to talk on it...

You received yours? I haven’t and I haven’t been able to get a response from WB’s either.

Just ordered:
Promotion on those at the moment.

Items Ordered: Price: Status:
1 of : M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones
$9.99 Processing
1 of : M9P In-Ear Headphone w/ Microphone, Remote, and Universal Volume Control (Pearl, second generation)
$19.99 Processing

Got my pre-order from OnePlus today.
Sandstone black. So pretty.

I got two nice parcels in the mail today, the first one from Banggood with 3 Eagle Eye lights. I got an X6 (couldn’t wait for my BLF specials) great light and surprisingly compact, an F35 (this is my favorite) fantastic light with side switch and 5 well spaced modes and no blinkies! and the little F10 folding light, nice build quality and should be great for working on the car and other jobs where you need both hands. The second one was from Fasttech, this was a test order of knives to see what would get through Australian Customs! The parcel had been opened and inspected by customs but they all made it through :bigsmile: . I got a Navy K631, Ganzo G713, Sanrenmu 9054SUC-GH, Harnds Knight and an Enlan EM-01. All great knives but I would like a few diferent styles that I am not sure will make it through customs - anyone had axis lock knives get through Aussie customs?