What you got today

Well, technically it came this weekend, but I recently got one of these:

5 port, 40W USB power source with “PowerIQ” to negotiate optimal charging rates. 2.4A max per port, but 8A max across all ports. It was $18.99 when I ordered it.

I see some interesting behavior when hooking it up to loads. If I monitor voltage on an unused port with a USB meter, the voltage with no load is ~5.1V. With combined load that draws ~2A across one or more ports, voltage on the monitored port jumps to ~5.25v. Same with a load that draws ~1A. At 0.66A, the monitored, unused port drops to 5.1V again.

“K11Y Cree XM-L T6 800lm 5 Mode 18650 LED Torch” for $27.something, now out of stock.
22.4 mm. diameter stainless steel 18650 XM-L, two amps. At last a light that is well driven, for its size and material.

About the size of an SK-68. Engraved lightly on the head “H? rustu tm T10 ce”. The box says “?KinFire tm LED Flashlight CE”, and some expected stuff with no noticeable meaning. The description says “Model: K11Y”.
The lens, of course, doesn’t have the advertized anti-reflective coating.
The description says 11 x 2 x 2 cm., which is accurate rounded to the nearest cm.
The description says “Flashlight Processing Technology: Aerospace Grade Aluminum Body with Anti Scratching Type 2 Hard Anodization
Body Material: Aluminium Alloy”, but it is made of stainless steel.
The light comes apart in only one place, between the head and body. The threads are adequate but not elegant (The AKOray AK12 threads deal with the limited radial space elegantly.). More cusp shaped like an SS-5039 than even triangular, let alone trapezoidal or square.
It came with a generic charger and a lithium ion cell labeled Kinfire that is too long to let the light close till it covers the o-ring.
I am happy! I think I may have stumbled on another collector’s item, and it is a pocketable 18650 that I can carry without risking my AK-12 or carrying something ugly.

The other light in the order is a Sipik CK66.
It came with two diffusers, a 18650 cell and a charger.
It did not light up when I put the battery in and pressed the tail switch. I did when I unscrewed the bezel a little. I don’t expect much difficulty fixing this intermittent problem and have not complained to Gearbest, at this time.
I am happy with this one also. The white diffuser has metal structure. The light comes out uniformly sideways. It is very similar to dedicated lanterns I have seen, except that it has the plastic orange option and is also a nice conventional reflector light. The diffusers screw on to the bezel. Diffuser, bezel and tail cap threads are triangular, fit nicely and are anodized. From the outside, the cooling looks good. Maybe the usual XM-L2, warm for outdoors, and Qlite.
For $20.69 it came with a Sipik 0.450 A AC powered charger and a colorful Sipik 18650 cell.

Langcjl, welcome back!!
Been enjoying this thread you created. Glad to see you are back :beer:

Fritz, that looks just like a SS flashlight I bought a few weeks ago on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281405388927

Thanks Kodachrome40.
I just got one of these http://intl-outdoor.com/p60-dropin-module-cuxm2-xml2-p-740.html today. It is my go to dropin. Anyone looking for a sweet, quality dropin from a good vendor look no further.

It looks the same, except for the lettering on the head, the dark wrist strap and the protruding switch boot. So they could be the same thing labeled differently or separately made of the same style. I may order one and see. If it is the same thing or comparable quality, that is a good price, even with shipping.

I got two Zeusrays in the mail today. One was DOA but the one that works put everything in my collection to shame. Here it is with some of my lights.

I got…

A battery pack for a Wii U (2250 mAh) game pad, 4 Keeppower 14500s, and one of these:

This thing weighs NOTHING.

Oh and a Disney Magical World 3DS XL

Parts for the Convoy triple!

Red Drop-in from Banggoods. link

It worked for 5 glorious seconds of beautiful red light and then nothing. |(

After I placed my order I did read a few posts about red drop-in going poof within seconds. I suspected mine would suffer the same faith.

On the bright side, it did come with a great OP reflector which I needed for one of my drop-in. I also needed the spring for another drop-in.

So to sum it up I just paid $4 for a OP reflector and a spring.

PS now I have to search for a suitable place to buy a quality red drop-in. Or maybe I can place an order for a custom one from member bushwhacked.

Mailman delivered a Fenix LD60 today.

I looked up “Rustu R10” that is marked on the head of the light in the upper image of post #7148. Dx has it for $ 25.26 without the battery, which is worth maybe a little more than the difference. So the prices are comparable, but Dx has it listed as Stainless steel. Maybe Gearbest tested it with a weak magnet. It is only weakly ferromagnetic, probably high nickel austenitic stainless.
The Sipik battery and charger that came with the Sipik light are worthless.

Ordered one last night, I’ve been wanting one for a while now, the last time I ordered one it turned up as out of stock but this time it’s been dispatched so all is well.

One of these turned up from FastTech, this time 12 days via Swiss Post, very good.

The scales are all the same bright yellow, the colour difference is because the scales are V grooved.

And 10x 2mm and 10x 3mm Cobalt drills. Just over £10 from UK Drill on U.K. ebay.

wow shameless shilling up in here, see above :expressionless:
edit: the spammers are gone, I don’t mean you 8steve88 :smiley:

Yep, Damian_ and Anthony RE are filthy spammers.

(But I bet their posts above will quickly disappear.) ;)

EDIT:

I got in a 64gb and a 32gb Transcend Class 10 microSDXC card for me and the wifes phone…mine was filled up with audio books and music…hers she has barely even touched :confused:

Have you seen, or do you plan on doing a review on the L25B?

No problem, I get no income whatsoever of any of the makers, stores, vendors or whatever. I just do it for the spreading of info, nothing else. :slight_smile:

And a damn good job you do, you talked me in buying my first Spyderco Military clone a little while back and I’m loving it. Thank you!