What you got today

Nothing spectacular, but I really needed it! Ordered it from Fasttech and it was in Europe in 15 days! Couldn’t be happier with the service.

Now off to the bench building a new P60 drop-in :slight_smile:

Are you sure you didn’t mean to order Fujik? :wink:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000468/1049304-fujik-heatsink-silicone-thermal-glue-50ml

That tube is the one I had before, but it was too much for my needs.
Isn’t this just a smaller amount?!

edit: I saw your link was the glue, where mine is just the compound. This is fine, I use screws or other ways to mount the parts.

Gotcha…

I’ve started buying this instead of the Fujik; it seems to be the same thing, but in a much smaller tube:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004460/1341200-balancestars-stars-922-heatsink-thermal-silicone-g

I can keep several of these sealed, and not have to worry about it drying out like happens with the huge tube of Fujik. When it finally gets plugged up, I can throw the small tube out and open a fresh tube.

I received my Convoy X3 from Lightscastle. I now see why many believe it’s a really nice host. I’m very pleased.

I just received a shipment with four of these “10W” LED Flood lights via eBay, only $4.50 each with free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371118788271

The quality is typical of the similar lights I’ve received before. Ground wire is disconnected internally, COB emitter is securely mounted with four screws and a big blob of cheap white heatsink compound. I’m not sure of the actual wattage yet, but I’m assuming these are underdriven as usual. Unlike the units I’ve purchase previously, these have a sealed/potted driver, which is a nice feature. Unfortunately, no label so no specs on the driver. I assume “Daylight White” means “These are such a cool blue tint that we can’t sell them any other way”. Depending on how well they work when I get them installed, I may end up replacing the drivers, emitters, or both.

As I’ll be mounting these on light stands, I’ll be replacing the wiring anyway, so they will be grounded when I’m done with them. Look for that project in a soon-to-be-posted thread… I’m really happy with how this project is working out.

IMALENT DM21 - Rather unique light. Power button uses electronic touch sensor.

Oooh, I hate touch sensors. They never work consistently for me, I think I am cursed. :frowning:

I’d like to know how it performs. If you have a light meter, can you tell me how many lumens you get? Imalent has a bad track record for stating many more lumens than are actually being produced.

This is no ordinary sensor .

I have a light meter but I yet to find time and material to build "integrated sphere" for accurate readings right now. From naked eye comparison with my other lights, I think it is close to what it claims(930lm). Any way, 1000lm flashlight is not hard to achieve with current tech.

Maglite 6D… and
Terra Lux TLE 310M-EX LED upgrade
Bust-a-cap tail cap
Side mount handle
2 x AA to D battery shells

I’m an old skool kinda guy and I’ve always wanted a big @ssed Maglite since I was a kid… Had to have it.

I occasionally do security so the wifey thought it was cool as well. :smiley:

This is my 3rd Anker desktop charger. It's the new PowerPort 5 (port) 40 watt model that's UL listed unlike my older models. It has a feature called PowerBoost that up's the voltage slightly for devices that need 5.1 volts to charge at full speed like an iPad, etc.

Did I need another charger? No I didn't. I just like newer and (supposedly) better technology.

Just received this packages directly from China. Extremely satisfied with these budget flashlights. By looking at the packagings and freebies(extra lens, o-rings, switch, lube and button), you know makers are damn serious and proud of their products.

I will do a giveaway for one the baby for my 2K post. Brand CLASSIFIED .

Keep them coming!

I got quite a nice haul today! All but one of these packages didn’t have tracking numbers, so I had no idea they would all show up today.

- Nitecore Tube from Lightscastle guessing game

- Shadow L1 from Old Lumens’ Sale

- Solarforce S12 Tailcap for my L2n from TinyWind’s anniversary sale

- MG Chemicals 63/37 solder on the recommendation of RMM

• Red Convoy S2+ to build up and sell

Got busy last week and forgot to post. Various vendors:

Small roll of 63/37 0.3mm solder, Chinese- I hope it’s decent.
A Super-Capacitor pack for a camera
Extra mount for that cam
Metal spudge tool

More goodies entroute
Phil

Order 4 Samsung 30Q, receive only 3 and one 26F protected. Thanks BG. Sigh…

Where did you get the solder from I’m looking for some for upcoming builds?

Pretty dumb, but it is from bg tho :smiley:

Haha at least they did try to replace something with similar parameters… Rather than GB selling this/that ‘style’ batteries