What you got today

Whatever it is it certainly looks impressive. Reason enough to own it. :slight_smile:
It reminds me of Monty Python when there in the hospital with the top man showing people around and boy where they impressed with the machine that went beep. They had no idea what it was.

It is supposed to show waveforms and reveal glitches in bad designs that can then be modified. Also reveals noise in signals that can interfere with proper operation. And about a zillion other things…

It’s year’s since I’ve used an oscilloscope, they would certainly come in useful. There’s loads of sensors on car’s that can only be checked properly using one of those.

It would be interesting to see the waveforms of the mains supply and how the voltage and current aren’t in phase, fairly basic stuff but still good to see how anything work’s.

Impressive gear!

The BLF348 with and one without engraving just arrived.
My wife is going to use the one with engraving YAY! At last I found something she likes besides her cheapie zoomie.

Enlan Bee EL-04 in Micarta scale and a pair of Sanyo NCR18650GA from Gearbest.
GB shipped the batteries inside plastic protective case, which is a much better improvement than their previous handling.

Thumbs up to Gearbest for the improvement and speedy delivery (3 weeks) instead of the usual 4-6 weeks.

The Manker U11 I ordered finally came today. I can tell this will be my second favourite light before my TN4A HI. Curious about the box though. It’s a lot different to the black presentation box I was expecting.

I really can’t decide between that and a T01…

I don’t have a T01, but the U11 has fantastic features and 18650 run times with a built in charger…. Hard to beat in my opinion… Easy to swap emitters too…

I’ve been mucking around with it all afternoon and I’m thoroughly enamored with it. The groups didn’t take too long to get used to, and I love that the modes are programmable. Such a great light.

Received a couple of these:

They “suck” the contact in from a small distance, are reversible and all in all seem to work nicely.

An interesting product, less wear and tear on the phone/tablet socket when you can leave one of those plugged in.

I got one of those from TinyDeal a while ago. Mine was DOA but I probably wouldn’t have kept it on my phone even if it did work. It really depends on the design of your device. On my phone, the little adapter thingy sticks out quite a bit and would easily get snagged on things causing more stress than usual on the port. It’s also bigger than you would expect, so it won’t work with most types of cell-phone cases. It looked like it would have worked great on my boxy bluetooth speaker though.

Yes, the more I look at it it may not fit flush on my phone. The width is okay but I’m not sure of the height. Probably okay for my tablet, the micro usb’s don’t appear to be very robust with them being so small. :wink:

Bought an old Sunwayman C10R at Illumn a couple days ago. On clearance for $25.

It feels good in the hand, looks great and is fairly well built. Unfortunately, it’s also an old light and its output shows it. The emitter is an ugly greenish cool-white XML and output seems very low compared to what I’m used to. I’d guess maybe 100 lumens on 16340.

My plan is to remove all the innards and convert it to a mod host. Ideally, I want it to fit an 18500, fet driver and either triple XPL HI or triple 219B.

I’m not sure it will all fit. I think it will be a very tight squeeze. If it doesn’t work, my backup plan is to fit it with an 18350, or worst case, a 16340.

Some tentative tasks to make this a successful mod:

• Battery tube needs to be bored out to accommodate wider cell. I’ve never done this before and have no special tooling. Plan is to tape some sandpaper to a drillbit. I don’t need the inside much wider. A tiny bit wider will do.
  • longer battery will be a very tight squeeze. Removing the existing driver, driver cover plate and spring should free up some extra room. For the new driver, I’m thinking of mounting a 15mm e-switch FET driver on the emitter side of the emitter platform.
  • Based on my modding of the C20C a few years ago, I think there is a ledge above the emitter platform that is at the right height for a triple. The triple Noctigon will sit on that ledge. I won’t make a copper heatsink to sit below since the plan is for that space to be occupied by the driver. Yes it will effectively be “hollow pill”, but that should still work fine with a copper MPCB. This should free up virtually the entire battery tube and driver compartment for the new larger battery.
  • Mount a small microswitch directly to the body tube under the button and then have the wiring to the switch go along the tube through holes in the LED platform to the driver. Battery should run completely below the switch.
  • Without a pill, this light might get too hot too fast on a FET driver. If that’s the case, then I’ll probably swap to Nichia 219B instead of much brighter XPL HI.

Received Sinkpad for XHP70, I have to say I am greatly dissapointed. This was my first SinkPAD mcpcb
(ordered some samples before, never received them) and judging from this pic also the last one.

You can click on the pic…

Wow. That would need a lot of solder… :S

Ordered a BLF X5, received an Astrolux S3.

Real nice light. Can’t get more then 900 lumens out though… Need good high drain 14500…
Nice glowing tail switch. Glad i can turn it off by unscrewing the tail cap 1/4 turn.

Still better than no direct path at all. They are a little less expensive too than the Noc’s.

When looking for these I almost ordered some other brand which would have been considerably larger than this model -> would not fit with my protective case.
This is only couple of millimeters larger than the port itself.
It does stick out a little when using with bare phone but with case its OK IMO.

One other note is, that this is not very well suitable if the USB socket on your phone is on a phone´s side which has some angle.
Like my wife´s old samsung and my ASUS tablet, does not work well or look good…

One drawback in my use is, that it has that MAGNET. At work it has the tendency to draw all metal dust to itself. Not hard to clean it though…

Got my AceBeam K70 yesterday. Love it! :heart_eyes: