What you got today

Fantastic my friend. My LG OLED was pretty much perfect out of the box. The only thing I did was lower the pixel brightness and turn off that horrible True Motion which makes movies look like soap operas. Basically, video taped instead of filmed. I much preferred the look of film with its natural motion blur.

Glenn: Now thats a TV, wow!
Nice looking living room also, clean & simple style. I like “low amount of stuff” kind of look…
I would have that too if there were no kids around haha :smiley:

Thanks my friend. I live alone and I like things simple. What you cant see is the paint on the walls needs to be redone after 17 years. I’m having the same painter re-paint it in the same color in January 2018 along with re-painting my front and rear decks in the Spring. I used to do this stuff myself, but I just don’t have the patience to do it myself anymore at 65 years of age.

Check this website and see the settings they use, might be better, it’s a very professional website for TV’s and reviews and settings

I’d love to be getting flashlights, but my Cherokee is taking all my time and is the reason for all my packages lately. I’m almost completely rebuilding the brake system, suspension, drivetrain and steering. The goal is OEM+. This project is taking much longer than I expected, no thanks to every fastener fighting like hell to stay where it’s been for the last 20 years.

Thanks for the excellent video. I’ll try his recommended settings tomorrow.

Glenn

Kroil works wonders on frozen bolts. I’ve been using it for years.

Hi everyone.

After a 5 week wait I finally received my D4, and was quite excited to try it after reading all the buzz…and it is DOA! I tried with a number of my button top 18650’s and it won’t work. It is a very tight fit with them, and when I tried to tighten the tail cap enough to reach the oring it squashed the button. I am going to grab a flat top to see if it will work, but on Mtn Electronics website I see protected and non protected batteries that they recommend for it. Anyone else have issues with button tops?

I would doubt it was really DOA, Hank checks all the lights to turn-on when he sends them.
To force button tops (or better said longer than 67mm cells) just to have contact could possibly cut the switch wires, or crack the driver PCB. Unless the tailcap is completely tight the light simply cannot turn on as the threads are anodized (not electrically conductive)

Try leaving the tailcap off and jumping a wire from the shiny milled end of the tube to the negative end of the cell to see if it will light.

I thought protected batteries are not going to fit at all, especially length wise. Were you using protected cells, because this could explain why the light does not work (no contact at tail cap).

Edit:

I checked on Mountain Electronics’ site, and it says protected batteries are not supported.

Good luck! We were gifted a 1999 2WD Cherokee and I’m going through the same process since it has almost 200k miles. I overhauled the brakes and then it had a coolant leak so while disassembling I ended up replacing a ton of parts. Started with the thermostat and water pump but also ended up getting a new exhaust manifold since the existing one had a few cracks. It’s not our primary car so isn’t needed often so I’ve been a little lazy completing the project.

Hello toto07,
Welcome to BLF. An excellent first post!! :+1: :beer:

I’ve only used it at work. If it was available locally, I’d be using it. It’s been Liquid Wrench and ATF/Acetone for me. Fasteners come loose, but they don’t zip right off. Usually I have to spend time with the heat gun, and gradually loosening it before it’ll come loose. Some people say to start spraying down fasteners weeks in advance, which makes sense, but that’s worked about as well for me as starting a few hours in advance. I broke two screws, and XJ folks won’t be surprised that it was the upper rear shock screws. After that I started using heat as soon as I noticed a fastener was going to give me lots of grief.

I’ve been lucky so far on my XJ, no issues with bolts on the brakes, timing cover or exhaust manifold. Not looking forward to the suspension though.

I didn’t see that, just saw that they showed flat top and button top as battery options…It turns out it was the batteries, as I stopped by a Vape store and picked up some flat tops. It works now:)

Got a hitch cargo carrier in the mail today. It’s actually a bicycle carrier, which could be nice for bringing a bike on trips and still having lots of room left over for gear, or for having a platform that’s bigger than most cargo carriers. It’s going to be a different sort of lighting project. Even though I can probably get away without putting lights on it, I’m still going to add trailer lights, and then line the sides with reflective tape for even more visibility.

Got my Foursevens Mini Bolt just before Xmas.
Perfect!

got my d4 yesterday… a day after receiving my blf q8
im getting lucky this week… the blf q8 arrived 5 day after order, my emissar d4 arrived 10 day after order
both this light make me smile inside everytime turbo is on…