What you got today

Today my Apex GT01 arrived from CNQG. This thing is tiny! One of its 2 o-rings was torn when I got it but fortunately I had one in my bin that was the correct size. Other than that the build quality is superb and annodizing is great. Output on high is very bright and the low is very low. Unfortunately I cannot use a QTC pill with it. :(

Yesterday I got some XP-C emitters from Cutter and some King Kong 26650 cells from intl-outdoor. I already tried the XP-Cs behind a DX aspheric and I'm getting poor results. I'll try and tweak it some, but I was hoping to build a Deft EDC clone and what I have can't even hang with a SK68. I'll start testing the cells today hopefully.

Well yesterday I got my first order from Kaidomain - a KD C8, two Trustfire flames 18650's, an SMO C8 reflector (bought the KD C8 with the OP reflector), and an Ultrafire WF-188 charger. I have not tested the light yet, although I took it apart and inspected it. The charger immediately received old4570's "mod" to the nagative slide rail and is now charging the trustfires. This is my first time charging lithium ion cells and so I am only charging at the 300mA setting and checking with a voltmeter every 20 minutes or so. I'm hoping I "won the lottery" with the KD C8 and don't need to change the driver.

DX order should be coming any day now and I have 2 Mag 2D LED's scheduled for delivery today. It feels like Christmas!

Garry

Same as CheapThrills ;)

2x LumiLight 18650 2900 mAh

I got my c88's !

Now to order some U2 XM-L's and drivers

Alright, I'm convinced. E, my F-15 driver is on its way back.

By the way, Erik fixed my broke F-15, a light I hated right out of the envelope . . . it is now among the top 5 in my collection I would not ever consider being without.

Foy

I think owning that knife will allow you to fully appreciate your Enlan EL-01 :-)

I think owning that knife will allow you to fully appreciate your Enlan EL-01 :-)

I bought 10 of those for $12 from a local seller a few years ago. Nothing to boast about

I've stopped waiting on my Enlan EL-01 from discvery bargin..when It comes I'm gonna kill myself ..

I stopped being hopeful ...it's gone from excited to curious , to irritated ,depressed, dispondant,to now suicidal. ...i should have ordered 2 :P

Today I got my Small Sun ZY-C10-S F2T light from Manafont and a few pill bottles from BIC in small & medium size.

I will be doing a brief picture review of the Small Sun shortly.

The pill bottles are pretty much useless for anything else but pills. I was hoping I could use them for spare batteries but they are either just too short or too thin to hold anything.

uf-2100 from dd, came as 3-mode and is already 5-mode :)

I got an UltraOK Q5 "thrower" (pimp version) and a noname recoil 18650 light from UltraOK.

got my $1.79 502b w/xml. def a warm. the pill is slightly differant than my tf-r2 pill, so that plan isnt a go. the r2 has threads the whole way down the pill, and no outer spring. sure i can figure something.

also got this knife some scratches on it but its not a collectors piece

502b pulls 2.69a on high. outside machining is nice. clean reflector and centered. the threads suck...

With all those sweet Solarforce lights I would have never thought a customized "somethingfire" could reach that spot. Thanks Guys

Well my DX order just came today. Got an XM-L T6 emitter for a Lowes Task Force 2C upgrade, 2AA->D adapters, AA->C adapters, 2 bottles of Fujik thermal compound, a 52mm XM-L 5 mode drop-in for a Maglite upgrade, and 52.8mm glass lenses for Maglites. Time to start my first mod!

-Garry

the ultrafire 502b is pretty nice. after a full disassemble, clean and lube, the tail cap now goes on smooth with no grinding. a lot of silver dust came off those threads. the xml is warmer than any of my other lights and im liking it a lot

i put the xml pill in the tf-r2, and wow... im impressed with that light. but the pills are different enough that the 502b head would not fully screw on past the oring, so time to mod that pill

the ganzo g707 is breaking in nice. the blades swinging out faster and faster. this knife looks great and feels great. even came with a hair shaving edge on it.

the black and silver tac-force is decent. i lost my last "stiletto" assisted open at the gate of a concert. the silver part has some minor flaws, but this knifes going to get some use and abuse so that dont matter

I have that "boat tail" universal charger I paid about $5 for mine it does work, it is not very fast it takes about 8 hours to charge my 18650s and about 5 hours for the 123 format. I think the slooooow charge rate is very safe for unprotected batteries

Got my first set of 14500 batteries yesterday. Charged them up and fitted one into a Sipik 68 last night. All I can say is WOWSurprised! Thought that little light was amazing on AA's, can't believe the throw on lithiums. Makes me wish even more now that they made a moded version of it..

Same observation I had with my Sipik, also one mode. It gets hot though. Moded versions are available too just look for it.