What you got today

Yesterday I got my SAIK SA-305. Real nice light with a warm XM-L and a 2.8A driver. :)

A corpse, two suicidal punters and a partridge in a pear tree.

And a greater number than one of suicide notes.

Some days my job isn't fun.....

Today was one of them.

AFAIK the only thing I'm waiting for is a Balder SE-1 driver which is somewhere between HK and here.

Thanks Ric. You made a bad day better.

I got two of the new KD drivers but I think I am out of LEDs so that will have to wait. I also got a pack of 10 keychain lights. I dont remember where I ordered them from but as I recall they only cost $2. They are pretty nice, I will have to backtrack the source. Im sure its in this thread somewhere, almost all of my impulse purchases are.

I didn't score as well as JohnnyMac but I did get my first triple today - a Sky Ray 818. Ordered 12-1-11 from Lightmalls, received 12-15-11.

It's bright, build quality is so-so . . . review to follow.

Foy

So, jelly1987, you got these four nice ladies today? Are you going to write a comparative review about them?

(this was a response to a, now deleted, post, LOL)

Got this Invicta model 0851 watch today. One word, MASSIVE. It's built like a brick shit house. The photo doesn't do it justice, trust me. Got it from Amazon for $61.70.

Langcjl this is the best post ever - never ending

Very nice! Clean and simple. Also very easy for our old eyes to read. I’d love to get one like that.

Hey Johnny, the date window is a bit small for my old eyes but hey, I'm not complaining considering the price!

Date window??? Holy crap, that is small! I didn’t even see it until you just pointed it out. LOL

Trustfire X9, Sipik SK68 and a Ultrafire Wf-501B (with Cree red drop-in). So far the only light I have not been impressed with is the WF-501B.

My impressions:

Trustfire X9 has very good build quality (square threads and the likes) and will light up trees at around 300m (enough to see them but not enough to make out much detail). Bought the light for spotlighting rabbits out past 100m which I think it is capable of, max range is probably 150m for rabbits, 200m for larger animals. I have a KD 8*AMC7135 board I will install later (once I have programmed it). I left it for a 1/2 hour at the bottom of a 1m deep barrel of water and not a drip got through, so it is at least waterproof to 1m.

Sipik SK68. Very nice little EDC, zoom works well with good level of flood. Would be nice if it had a low mode and glass lenses but the parts it has work fine. From the look of it it's heat-sink is equal to any other p60 host out there (better perhaps then the WF-501b). Very solid little host which with a few replacement parts may very well become my new favorite light. Filled battery tube up with water and it dripped out the front of the light at a steady rate... so not even close to being waterproof.

WF-501B (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-wf-501b-philips-luxeon-k2-red-led-flashlight-1-18650-2-cr123a-20333): Not what I had expected. Threads are very gritty (full of shavings) and overall the design is on the lite side, the host has no real beef to it so not something I would use for a hard driven XML. Overall the quality is not up to what I was expecting (expecting something on par with my WF-504B), internal isolating ring seams to limit contact a fair bit as well as tail cap would not pass on current unless it was slightly unscrewed. O-rings are all as small and thin as possible, doubt it is very waterproof. Cree Red drop-in was somewhat of a let down. the Silicon dome was centered under the reflector, but the LED inside it was not. Output was neither better, or worse then expected. This is anther torch that was purchased for spotlighting rabbits and it should do the job out to 40-50m. After changing the reflector (jammed on tight) for a smooth one it does throw further. Will have a look around and see if I can't find a suitable driver to drive it a little harder (although I doubt it will get much brighter). Could be better, but not too much for $10.40

Nothing flashlight related but I did get my Verizon Galaxy Nexus today. Awesome phone!

Received my new N-Light ST50 and a bike mount. I'll give a more in depth review later, but this is a very nice light. Form/Size is perfect for bike helmet mounting, shorter and slightly lighter than the P-Rocket. Not sure if it is as bright though, but should be plenty adequate. Very solid construction, well lubed square threads, nice finish and came with lanyard, spare o-rings and lens. Ordered on 11-29, received 12-16, free shipping. Still waiting for my XM-L Triple from Manafont.

L04.

2 led spots instead of 3 http://www.dealextreme.com/p/gu10-5w-3500k-450-lumen-5-led-warm-white-light-bulb-85-265v-81005

I ordered 3, payed for 3 and only got 2 of these. I think it is very difficult to count to three in chinese...

The package was not damaged, and not opened by customs.

The spots are very bright, 450 lumen could be correct this time.

LEE Filter samples. Asked about them over 2 months ago, they didn't answer at all and now I got them for free :D

Got my Uniquefire 3900 3x XM-L T6 from Manafont today. As soon as my Callie's finish charging I'm going to try it out.

Not the KEL-TEC but the White hat holster. I really like it. I also got a car USB charger from Tmart, superfast.

Nice. :)

I really dig the Gadsden flag on there. Even if nobody is ever going to see it, it's a really nice touch.

I got a SK68 from DD (single mode; brighter than my eBay clones on 14500s, did not try NiMH, with Sipik markings) and an Enlan M015. I was going to say "nice light knife", and right then, I cut myself because I wasn't paying attention, so yeah, nice and sharp little knife. I think I'll go and get a band aid now. :D

Two pairs of TF-18500 gray for Crelant 7G5

Three pairs of TF-18650 "Thunderflames"

XTAR WP6-II

A "Buck" fixed blade knife

Two Chinese copies of Boker plus credit card knife