What's Tactical strobe good for?

The Puke Light Puke Light full UI. (Do not watch if your photosensitive to bright/rapid flashing colored light) - YouTube I could see a more potential with 3-4 strobing LED’s at different independent frequencies. As for door man and bouncers using the light, they are standing their ground and making a point. Not warding off a mugger.

I understand why some people hate it and some people like it. I only use it to signal the wife unit when she comes out of a store to where I parked or if I am pulling up to let her know “I am over here!” It is the only time she is ok with disco lights. LOL.

Personally, I don’t really use tactical strobe at all. I use a motion-freezing party strobe though, because it’s fun with moving water and such.

For light painting, a custom build would probably be helpful. Features like momentary tactical strobe aren’t typically useful on general-purpose lights. I added a ‘todo’ note for it in the code though.

Also for light painting, I’ve been making a rainbow (RGBA) driver lately for lightsaber use, and it’s designed to paint pretty patterns in the air while swinging a sword. I think it could be adapted for momentary use pretty easily, though the current code doesn’t directly support it unless the brightness modulator is turned off (which is boring). It flashes in whatever patterns the user tells it to, with a momentary “overdrive” function which could potentially be used to make the whole pattern work as momentary. Normally it’d be used to make a bright flash while blocking another saber or deflecting a blaster bolt or something, but it might work for light painting too.

For anyone looking at this thread, modern versions of Anduril do offer momentary strobe...