What's the best aaa flashlight in 2016 + Giveaway

Astrolux A01 w/ Nichia 219. Twisty (nigh impossible to accidentally turn on), sealed back / 1-piece body so only 1 weak point for water ingress (not counting the front lens).

No idiotic blinky modes like strobe/SOS/beacon. Never understood the fetish for blinky modes…

Don’t have a Jetbeam µ, yet, else I’d probably nominate that.

1. I like the Astrolux A01, due to the multiple modes and high CRI warm tint. But the BLF-348 is great for gifts, due to the simple 1-mode interface and high CRI. I’ve bought lots of both.

2. I would like to see a 2-mode version of the BLF-348. Low (about 5 lumens) + high (the same as the current 50 lumens), on a AAA Eneloop. Simple interface: click on for low, click for off. Click on again within 5 seconds to turn on in high, otherwise it defaults to low.

I would say Lumintop Tool TI, cause its a great keychain EDC torch indeed, Nichia 219 CRI 90+ inside
Lowest mode could be lower though

Yet, i have a mixed feeling about it, i ordered 3 from you and 1 from other supplier and they ALL had issue with the tail switch, all of them
Its some kind of a wierd problem- when you heat it and clean it it would eventualy run, yet in the first 1-2 hours upon arrival one could get quite nervous with it

1. I like my Thrunite Ti, but I have the 3 lumen/60 lumen version - lost the Firefly version 0.04lumen/60 lumen

2. Nichia 219, firefly mode (only 2-3 modes).

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, what’s the advantages and disadvantages about it
Lumintop Tool Ti
Advantages: Titanium, small size, light weight, clip or keyring
Disadvantages: Double-tap the switch to change mode, Turns off when you change modes

2. what are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight
Shoud Improve system the switch so do not have to double-tap the switch to change mode

1. Reylight Tool Ti - starts on low, nice modes including pretty low low, Nichia 219 hi CRI…
[Although I like the Astrolux A01 (GREAT super-low moonlight, and beautiful Nichia 4000K Hi-CRI and beam characteristics) it skips modes too frequently, and I really dislike the strobe mode]

2. Hi CRI 4000K or close to that - low of .5 lumens or less;
—Ti or Copper,
— Clicky switch
— current controlled

Jetbeam Jet-u - impressed with one

1. Jetbeam JET-Mu, perfect desing… easy to turn one one handed, fantastic output for a single AAA light and it’s size, and

2. USB recharging and reversible pocket clip

1. Thrunite Ti3 - advantages are good to great runtime on medium… good size, lightweight, disadvantages that it can’t li-co cell w/o risk of burning out

2. I’d love to see some more color variation or at least accents in many of the lights. Black and silver only get you so far :wink:

1. Lumintop Tool still the best to me, if found on sale/reduced price. It is simple and small, as well as tail clicky. Not a twisty fan personally.

2. Could be better with warmer tint option and manufacturer rated li-ion compatibility at similar price point.

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, what’s the advantages and disadvantages about it
Lumintop tool AAA (aluminum) : Lightweight and powerful

2. what are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight
Tritium, li-ion compatible and high CRI

Lumintop tool.
But it should have memory and neutral white tint.

Olight I3E wery small ideal to keys, Astrolux A01 is to big for twisty switch.
Lots of colors and CU version.
Disadvantages: only 1 mod (for twisty switch ideal for me are 2 mods or memory).

Clicky switch witch moonlight mode and mode memory, not to big (BLF–348 is to long), no blink modes,
Below 11$ for alu.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_368124.html

I like the Jet , own it , like it …

1. Lumintop Tool Ti

2.High quality materials, SS, TI, and tritium would be good

1. Olight I3e
2. different tints (nichia), new designs and packaging (gift box)

1) Jetbeam Jet-μ - Great design and color, mode memory !
2) No high CRI Nichia 219C.

Lumintop Tool, Aluminium

Advantages:

• Affordable ($19 normally, $10 on sale)
  • Waterproof, abuse-resistant
  • Clicky switch, but has a twistie switch available
  • Twistie switch has a magnet
  • HAIII hard-anodized
  • Reversible pocket clip
  • Good size for a AAA light
  • Mod friendly, easy to do an emitter swap and driver swap
  • Good mode spacing
  • No strobe modes
  • Good output with AAA (110 lumens)
  • GITD o-ring in lens
  • High CRI versions available