what's the highest capacity 14500 cell?

Keeppower, a bit thicker, at FF:
FF 14500

You do know that the 14500 has a nominal voltage of 3.7 V whereas Eneloops are 1.2 V :Sp

What do you mean? Thicker than what?

I ordered one to test by myself anyway, price is good. I am always a bit confused that there is no field for the city…

Yes sir, it will be used in my ZL SC52

Anybody used a nitecore 14500 in a ZL SC52? fit?

A bit thicker than Nitecore NL-147 (diameter 14.2 mm) NL-147
Keeppower 14.6 mm, Keeppower

Summary of HKJ’s tested li-ion 14500

Yes, that’s nice price for Keeppower 14500 (with shipping).

Thanks for that. I didn't realize FF carried Keeppower. I'd rather buy from Bob, but I can't keep hoping and waiting for him to return. I'd measure my own, but I can barely measure to a tenth of a millimeter with my analog micrometer and shaky hands. I need to get a micrometer and record the screen while taking measurements...I think that'd produce better results.

May be this caliper can be useful.
DX digital Caliper with their gift card DX gift card become USD 8.8

Here is what I found under the wrapper. ;)

No Sanyo obviously.

Are you talking about the nitecore?
How was the wrapper two layer? Is the positive connection kapton taped?
How thick is it now?

Yup, Nitecore.

No kapton, just the black/yellow wrapper glued on.

14.2mm now, so 0.1mm less.

Was there no metallic coloured wrapper underneath?

No, but the backside of the yellow/black wrapper is shiny.. and pretty tough.

Because when tried to press my nitecore I the saber a1 I damaged the wrapper and it looks metallic but I get no continuity against both poles so I thought it is just a scratch on the paint…but I was a bit afraid as you said that there is just yellow and black…

Edit:for sure there was no contact, I blame autocorrection…

I doubt its metal.. I just set it on fire and it burned completely. Continuity against both poles could mean you "found" the strip connecting both poles?

Every TF Flame 14500 I got was bad. Wouldn’t hold a single charge. I’d go with the Nitecore or Sanyo.

The big advantage of the TF protected is there size…

With metal wrap I meant metal colored like the ones on the trustfire flames…
Thanks for extensive testing, now I can leave mine original without having fear.

So who is the manufacturer of the Nitecore?

edit - found this: http://cecell.diytrade.com/sdp/1022339/4/pd-4993181/9619869-1962761.html

Groupbuy? :bigsmile:

I just read your edit Werner, I'm not sure if it said "no" from the beginning.. maybe I misread it, but whatever. :D The wrapper is yellow/black, but the backside is shiny. Its pretty tough for a cell wrapper, the wrapper of Keeppower or Sanyo cells gives up more easily.