what's the highest capacity 14500 cell?

Thanks for the explanation, valuable info since I have an Eo3 as well. Unfortunate though since I was set on the Keeppowers for the great price on 4. But 2 out of 4 may not be too bad if they will fit other lights, still taking a chance on all 4 coming in too thick.

EDIT: Just checked and the Keeppower specs show a diameter of 14.2mm, the tube ID on my E03 is 13.98mm, so going by the specs the Keeppowers wouldn’t fit. My AW protected (13.38mm at widest point) is quite loose, it has a lot of play around it. I was going to get the Nitecores now instead (only $1 more) but now I’m perplexed because the Nitecores at Fasttech show a Dia. of 14mm, so by the specs those won’t fit either.

atbglenn, would you be able to post the measurements of your E03 tube ID and Dia. of your nitecore batteries? My Xeno is the V2 not the V3.

the nitecore nl147 14500 I have measures 14.3 mm at the widest point (the protection strip)

My out of my 6 Nitecores, 1 fits slightly tight, but it's not so tight that it gets stuck

BTW, this as far as I get 2 of my KeepPowers into my Xeno E03. Also check out how they mounted the protection circuit. To me this is totally unacceptable.

Thanks djozz, those should fit (read on)

Thanks for the pics Glenn, I thought something didn’t seem right so I re-measured my tube, I guess I was putting the calipers down in too far, now measuring at the very end I’m getting 14.7mm.

Wow that keeppower doesn’t look good, maybe email that pic to the seller and request a credit.
I think I’m going with the Nitecores from fasttech, seems like the best value now.

Thanks again everyone, this was very valuable information as I almost ordered the Keeppowers and they wouldn’t have fit.

beam0, I got my KeepPower's from BLF member/seller Kumabear. He's been missing in action for the past several months due to an undisclosed illness. To be honest, I'm a lot more concerned about him than a couple of batteries. I hope he's on the road to recovery

I was reading that thread about Kumabear a while back, I hope he ’s going to be OK. I never dealt with him but I’ve seen his name mentioned on here a lot so I kind of felt like I knew him. I feel like I know all of the members on here just from reading their posts even though some I have never exchanged posts or anything with.

I’ll probably remember for a long time the day I read that thread because just the previous day a thought had crossed my mind: What if something happened to someone on here and they just disappear from the forum? Like how would the rest of us know what happened to them? Now I see what happens, people on here actually care about each other. Gives me a good feeling about being here, this is a great place and there ain’t no other like BLF!

I use an original AW 14500 with my Sipik. It says it has 750mAh and I believe it, direct driven the thing runs relatively long. Unfortunately can’t measure anything (runtimes included since the Sipik would melt probably, I had it on once for “really” long and it got just too hot to be considered save.)

My AW 14500 has by far outperformed my other higher rated cheapo cells, but at $10 each I’m looking for similar quality for less money. It looks like the Nitecore ones are comparable for only $6 ea.

I’d go with Nitecore because I only had good stuff from them yet but I don’t need more then my one AW 14500 because that one is enough for my Sipik….

I use the ZL ones in my SC52 and SK68, pretty good batteries

is the nitecore NL147 really a sanyo cell inside???

1) a sanyo is 840mah. why doesn’t nitecore advertise it at 840mah?

2) if that picture is accurate then a sanyo cell doesn’t look like that at all

See datasheet: http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-data/pdf2/ACI4000/ACI4000CE31.pdf

Sanyo says 800mAh min. and 840mAh typ. Capacity is measured down to 2.5V with a 0.2C discharge rate, thats 200mA. Discharging these cells with 2A down to 3V will very likely give you 750mAh. That could be a reason. ;)

Why shouldnt a Sanyo cell look like that?

well marketing departments don’t work like that! :smiley: they all publish .2C capacities!

a sanyo 14500 doesn’t have that raised circle on the bottom. that actually looks more like a nimh AA

funny thing is a lot of people claim the NL147 to be a sanyo but no one has actually dissected one to see what’s inside…

Nitecore also claims 2000 lumens for the TM11 while it outputs 2500. ;)

About the bottom..the picture seems to be just an example. And if they removed the original wrapper from the cell, you won't see anything.

Looking at mine I dont think there is a raised middle on the bottom of the cell, and if you look.at the picture the raised middle should be visible on the wrapped cell as the shrinkwrap does not overlap the bottom of the cell that much.

I just received some Nitecore 14500’s from fasttech. Ran a capacity test at 1.5amps, I got 805mAh. That’s really good for a 14500 sized li-ion. I would say it just about has to be a sanyo inside. I dont know of any other 14500 cell with the same mAh unless it has a sanyo cell inside. From my logview discharge graph it resembles the sanyo to a T.

I am thinking of trying one of the Nitecore 14500 batts since they seem to be highly recommended and wondered if it will need a special charger or will the sanyo eneloop charger work the same?

Just ordered a couple of Efest 14500’s with 8A Constant Discharge capability. They claim 700mAh capacity and charge $9.55 for 2 of em. I use their IMR 10440 cells and they give excellent power. Just built a light with a XP-G2 on copper, on a copper heat sink. Using a Q-Lite 3.04A driver. Built it for a 14500. The AW14500 protected cell lets it pull 2.15A on high, a smaller Efest IMR 10440 lets it pull 2.51A. A well charge Intl-Outdoor 14500 protected won’t run it on high at all. It blinks after shifting down to med, then stays on med.

Ordered the Efest button top High Discharge IMR14500 cells here http://www.efestbattery.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_67&product_id=918 I guess we’ll see how they do when they get here.

You will definitely need a new charger which is made for liion use. Xtar wp2 for example…

I am searching like many others a good protected 14500 which fits the thrunite saber a1, nitecore are too fat…trustfire flames are the only ones I have which fit but they are crap.
So could anyone please measure the thickness with a caliper on the biggest part(positive pole protection connection).

You do know that the 14500 has a nominal voltage of 3.7 V whereas Eneloops are 1.2 V :Sp