What's the story on the Nichia 219?

That is a straight up ambiguity. 219B means almost nothing, XP-g2 mean almost nothing. Both LEDs come in various tins, various temperatures, various locations on Y axis, and various color rendition indexes.

RMM is good for US customers only otherwise shipping is also quite slow and very expensive.

So would the IOS Nichia be the same tint as RMM’s Nichia?

Yes. They probably have the same source of emitters.

Would be nice if they were a bit warmer than the Kaidomain ones…
I was a little bit disappointed.

I think that’s the great thing about Nichia 219 that colour temperature is close to sunlight. Warmer means yellower.

Well that depend of the time and weather, for example warm white is also sunlight color… but at dawn or dusk. :bigsmile:

IOS is a reliable source for a very specific LED model, they even take pictures of the official label as proof.

That listing does not even explicitly give what 219 they are selling. Mentions color and CRI & shows some cute graphs but no real numbers. Is it actually a 219 H1 sw45? Certainly doesn’t say.

IMHO anyone who knows what they are making & selling would at least list “92 typ CRI, neutral white”.

Anyway, mine seem to be ‘colder’ than what I saw somewhere here some days back.

I got these:
Nichia CRI92 NVSL219B-E R85 B220 LED 14.5 x 1.5mm Star (5 pcs)
The tint is supposed to be SW45 (4500K) but looks more like >5000K (SW50 ? )

Check the BLF LED database for Nichia LED sources. Link in my sig.

Doesn’t work here…

Anybody have experience with the KD nichia’s I mentioned?
I think Djozz and ImA4Wheelr like them.

Try these links database nichia page BLF database thread

I thought I recalled Djozz saying the KD nichia seemed a bit off.

Haven't looked at the ones from IOS yet, but I didn't get the ones I'm selling from there. These came from Australia.

You have exactly the same bin - NVSL219BT SW45 R85 D220

KD will sell you whatever they want, like B220, cause that is what KD says they sell.

I have mentioned before they have various texts just copied and pasted from Cutter.

I really like the nichia219b’s that I got from Kaidomain but I might have gotten lucky. They were back ordered so I had a long wait time but it was worth it. Great almost rosy tint. I got three sets of triples and a bunch of singles and they were all the same tint. Not cool at all for sure. That is one of the problems with Kaidomain, back orders and hit or miss at times. Still they are a great resource for a lot of hard to find items. I wish I had ordered more at the time but I didn’t know I was going to get a deal on a bunch of 502b hosts.

It was about IOS not KD.

Ever since my severe burn out I get lost easily in the lists of numbers and codes (and things like that)…
But judging by the Nichia page linked by Helios (thanks) I might have gotten that C1 tint…

I guess we all want high CRI and low Vf and lots of LM.
For me I guess it’s the best option to order some at IOS.

I ordered one on 16 mm. Can anyone suggest a driver? I am thinking of putting it in an UltraOK SK-68 “ZS-2”, mainly for use indoors.

pflexpro is also a BLF member. See this thread about the dropin: