What's your favorite UI design on flashlights?

^
This.

Except I don’t need a switch for on/off, but it doesn’t hurt.

Hmm OLED screens on lights seems like a really bad idea to me. Seems like that would really limit your impact resistance, moisture resistance, and temperature tolerances.

Imalent has models with screen.

Giving it some thought a light with 4 modes and the ability to select them would be grand.

Lets say i can pick a percent for each one in the UI and it saves it. And preferably saves it even with no battery so i don’t have to reprogram it each time i remove the battery for charging.

They aren’t exactly known for their reliability around here either :smiley:

Frankly, it’s a pain having to remember the UI of each e-switch light you own, when your collection of lights goes beyond a handful of unique UI’s. In a perfect world, you have one UI that’s workable for most applications. You can customize it as you want. Simple or Advanced, and then other options set as needed. Everything predictable. As such, I’d be totally happy if every single e-switch light I own had Anduril.

I don’t even touch my NarsilM lights anymore. Anduril is so close but superior IMHO.

I agree. I have gone to the point of buying about 8 new lights with Anduril to make my EDC, home, car and travel lights consistent. They are all configured exactly the same and so I don’t have to figure out How Does This One Work? whenever I need illumination. I did cheat a little and kept my Gladius and Tiny Monster for nostalgias sake. All others are going to Good Will in a big bag.

I hear you. Out of curiosity, which Nitecore Tiny Monster do you have?

It is labeled TM 26 and rated at 3800 lumens if that helps. I don’t even remember when I bought it but it was new at the time. About $265 as I recall.

I wish i could do this, a simple unified UI for all my lights would kick ass.

OK. Thanks. Yeah, this flashlight came out in 2013… so it’s 8 years old now. The TM28 (nearly same design, more output) is still made and selling for $399 at full retail. The old TM26 occasionally appears for sale used, anywhere from $120 ~ $200. Because I mentally “earmarked” it, I had considered maybe getting one, but there hasn’t been much enthusiasm for it in recent years. Seems the 4 separate reflectors design is being phased out as TM39 is back to one reflector. UI design-wise, the TM26/28 seems decent. I don’t know how hard it is to change emitters, but if one could get an old TM26 for about $100 and install more efficient & tint-friendly emitters, it could be a worthwhile endeavor.

In order for EDC light-

1. Surefire gas pedal switch.
2. Early 4/7s quark loosen/ tighten head to select mode group.
3. Anduril

For a dedicated tactical light I just want 100% every time, with partial press for momentary.