When the seller says FOR LG, FOR Panasonic etc...just a other word for fake?

Okay I just got the reply from Simon. As I assumed, every battery in his store is genuine. No clones. No fakes. :slight_smile: Shipping will be slow because of all the new regulations on lithium cells but all here probably know that by now. Every battery he sells is the real deal. Oh the “For” thing is because they are not legally allowed to use the brand names. If they just list it as a Sony or Samsung or LG they can be sued for trademark infringement.

Cool, good that I did buy from him.

Wait until he finds out the truth about the big chested lady he was hitting on at the bar. :wink:

In the process of translation the word “replacement” got lost just before the word “for” - that’s all! :wink:

I can see why you would think so but you must not know Simon. I would think so too except that Simon told me so himself. The details may be different than his English skills allow him to properly elaborate on but he told me the batteries he sells are all original. No fakes. I’ve only bought flashlights from him. Lots and lots of flashlights. I’m sure there are others here who’ve bought batteries from him that could chime in but . I’ve never heard of him selling anything fake. If any other Chinese seller told me they were real I would still be skeptical. Simon isn’t just any Chinese seller. He doesn’t’ even lie about lumens! Just make sure you are buying from his Aliexpress store and not some other Ali seller. Anything from Ali outside his store and you’re right back to the lottery. His store is http://www.aliexpress.com/store/330416 There may be other honest sellers there but I don’t know them… and I don’t like gambling.

Clean cookies and try again.

Are we talking crocodile dundee sized fake! :smiley:

That worked.

Thank you!

I wonder why it was doing that?
-Chuck

“Are we talking crocodile dundee sized fake!”

There’s only one way to tell for sure, ya know;-)

-Chuck

Thanks for your help, but could you now Please Delete your post?

I cleaned my cookies as you said and all was well - Just to see I clicked on the ru link that I had given, and now have the same problem again - So I have to clean the cookies again.

Please do not click on that link - Please Delete!

Thank you,
-Chuck

Not sure about others, I will be more confident with the store when they post stock photos and datasheet.

http://windowssecrets.com/newsletter/tools-for-foiling-malicious-links-and-files/

Never, ever, click on an obfuscated link (or any link where you can’t see what it’s going to connect to).
Look at the bottom of the window if you’re using Firefox.
Copy and paste into a text file if nothing else — see where it’s going.

Poking at this there are a whole lot of variations out there: ru.ali… ru-ali …
Some may be affiliate-link tricks that route your order through them so they get a payment each time you buy something.
Some are spoof fake sites. I’m not going to mess with it further. BE CAREFUL. It’s not paranoia. The Internet is a mine field these days.

Whoah!

Thanks for that! ’oogled, I found at http://batterybro.com/

Grade A: Batteries perform to manufacturer specifications.
Grade B: Batteries under-perform or have other defects.
Grade C: Batteries are used, repackaged, salvaged, or damaged.

Manufacturers bin their batteries. The A bin is reserved and difficult to obtain. Battery Bro only cells Grade A cells. Many online suppliers, especially those in China, sell Grade B cells or lower and do not tell their customers….
————end quote———

PS — wow. I’m going to start a new thread about this site.
EDIT: here it is, with credit given to folks in this thread:

Batterybro.com” has a whole lot of info on inspecting cells and …
"Batterybro.com" has a whole lot of info on inspecting cells and detecting fakes
——————————————————————————-

They seem to be mostly selling batteries for e-cigarette use, I guess that’s the market these days. Good info on inspecting/detecting fakes though.

Is that just a clever guess, or do you actually have a translation handy to show it?

Because adding the word “replacement” before “for” definitely would be an improvement on Simon’s page — it would be correct and clearer.