When you have too many resident batteries....Battery Apartment to the rescue!!

18650”s are the equivalent size of 12 guage shotgun cartridges, I am afraid that is the only one I can answer.

Cheers Ian!

Now waiting for the AA and AAA caliber’s. My guestimation is that AA should just or just not be equivalent to 9mm and AAA might but just might not be .22 . But as it’s not allowed in the Netherlands to keep ammo in the house without permit, I can’t really tell. Anyone?

9mm bullet = 9.81mm
AAA battery = 10.29mm

AA battery = 14.03mm
45 caliber bullet = 11.48mm

So if there is a rack for 9mm’s and one for 45 ACP those should work for AA’s and AAA’s :slight_smile:

12Ga shotgun casing = 22.10mm at the base crimp
18650 battery = 18.7mm

So a rack for 12Ga shells should work for 18650’s

You might need 50Cal racks for 22650’s :wink:

That said…I have no guns or ammo…nada…zilch….they all fell off my boat a few years ago into the river….yup.

Ask and ye shall receive. :wink:
I don’t remember the exact link I sent you Ian, but I think it was THIS ONE from Midway. $9.99

If I run across another cheaper I’ll post it.

:slight_smile:

EDIT: This one comes in 12 gauge & 20 gauge. I think you got 12 gauge for the 18650’s. The 20 gauge might work good for AA or 14500 size batteries. I am not where I can measure at the moment however.

It pays to order more than one. Not sure where you are but shipping to me on the first one is $7.60 (which still equates to about $17.00 for one, so if only buying one….Walmart is about as good), but only $2.00 shipping additional for each additional one purchased at the same time.
I’m probably about as far from them as you can get in the USA tho :frowning: so your shipping costs should be much less on the first one.

Unless you live near one of their stores! Lucky you!

Would be nice to have one of these for when I go camping or traveling.

I would have been forced to dive in after them……… :smiley: …. unless of course it happen on some glacier fed river. Then I would probably have had second thoughts. :wink:

I didn’t even check shipping, my bad. That was just the item price… as you pointed out. :wink:

Where are you Zebretta, in Alaska??

I am in Alabama……

Looks like a great storage system!

I give you credit for helping me decide on the Convoy L6. Love it!

Thanks mate!

Thanks Zebretta!

My pleasure sir :slight_smile:

Thanks, everyone!

I ended up ordering a couple of these via Walmart with free store pickup.

It’s meant for 12 gauge shells, which is going to work well for my 18650 cells, but it also comes with a removable 20 gauge top tray/grid that should work well with AA/14500 cells.

How much did those cost Pete?

:person_facepalming: …… I must be getting old & slow of mind, it just hit me what you were saying Zebretta. :+1:
Personally, all of mine were “lost in a flood”. :wink:
:slight_smile:

This one was $5.50. I also bought another one without the extra 20-ga grid for $4.50 or so.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/40711530

All these can be shipped to your local store and picked up for free.

Thank you Pete, good info. :+1:

My 3D printer only prints in WOOD and makes lots of noise and a big mess.

The end result is worth it usually though.
This is one of the projects I came up with some time back for 6 of my lights , a mixture of 47 cells , in 3 different sizes and a mounted , 2 bay intelli-charger if I need to grab the case and go………………

The metal chain that originally held the lid when opened ,was changed to a pivoting wooden arm after these photos were taken , just in the interest of safety.

Robo819, that is a masterpiece right there!

Thanks Pete

Ditto!

Very nice Robo,looks like a beautiful jewelry chest……a mini cedar chest! :sunglasses:

Very nice holder Zebretta. I like your lens protector and battery charger holder too.

You should make a thread for BLF members to post their 3D printer creations and to share design files. I'm sure stuff like that is all over the internet, but it would be more geared to stuff BLF members are interested in.