Where are all the Duracells?

thanks for the education… I agree Eneloop are great

Also, at half the price of name brand, I don’t feel bad changing the store brand battery before it goes dead and leaks.

All my Duraleaks are encased in a giant salt-block by now.

Grab a bunch of those PKCells for 5bux an 8pak.

All those 1300s checked out on my pessimistic Opus between 1250 and 1350, pretty consistent.

And even if they don’t last forever like eneloops, that’s still cheaper’n 1-use disposable Duraleaks.

If you REALLY want duracell, I seem to see them at Home Depot alot, and also Amazon of course, but I believe you wanted a brick n mortar, so to speak.

<div id=‘snark’>
“Yeah, but I’m in Eminemistan, why didn’t you know that?”
</div>

In a landfill

The only Duracell NiMh batteries I ever bought were the 2450mah ones and they were by far the worse NiMh cells I’ve owned. They tested well but within a year couldn’t be used or charged because their IR was off the charts. I would have better off burning paper money during the winter because I would at least some heat from the burning bills.

I only recommend NiMH made by FDK in Japan such as Eneloops (Japanese made versions only) Fujitsu, and IKEA Ladda. The latter is by the far the best value for money option.

Yeap, I learned my lesson many years ago and for the past 10 years have only bought Eneloop, Fujitsu, and Ladda batteries. In the big picture the price difference is negligible and in this case one gets what they pay for.

Chinese NIMH fail within a couple years . They fool you for the first couple years then ...dead .

The early 2000mah duraloops were rock solid and everywhere cheap .

I think that's what the OP is asking . There used to be occasional great deals on Ebay and there was a guy at the flea market selling them pretty cheaply until I told him the difference between good and bad .He was so grateful he raised his prices on me

Surprised no one mentioned Energizer Recharge. These are made in Japan and just as good in every way as eneloop.

Theybrun about $1.25 each.

Actually around where I live Energizer Rechargeable is around $20/4pack which is more than Eneloops. Ikea Laddas are still the best value. I have 50/50 mix of Laddas and Eneloops.

Had a few Duracells rechargeable and they were crap. As others have said died, within a couple of years. Duracells, Energizers and store brand akalines can be bought everywhere from the corner stores to online retailers. For the past 2 years Duracell is the last brand I would buy. There’s enough garbage in the landfills don’t need Duracell + my device in there too.

Where are all the Duracells? They all leaked.

Perhaps I’m just a fluke but the longest lasting batteries I have had are some Ray 0 Vac. Considerably older than my “Eneloops” and performing way better. They pre-date my flashlight (Eneloop) batteries. Still have low IR and decent share of original capacity I think. Not certain what their original capacity was but they still are doing more than 1500 mAh with less than 100 IR.

Most of my “eneloops” are LADAs. All are made in Japan. Some are Amazon Basic made in Japan. Nearly all have retained their capacity fairly well. However, quite a number of them have high IR to the point where I just won’t use them in flashlights. Some won’t even work in my track pad. Good for remotes, thermostats, clocks or flashlights that you don’t care if they are dim and don’t have a regulated driver;-)

I think that the most important thing is not made in Japan vs made in China, Eneloop vs brand X, LSD vs non-LSD. The most important thing is the charger. Back in the day dumb chargers sold with the rechargeable batteries were more or less designed to destroy the batteries. Unfortunate short sided decision. While it might appear to have no downside as people would just have to by new batteries. In reality I think it stopped way more sales than it generated.

Most likely that the actual reason that I am not sold on eneloops is because of a LaCrosse charger that I had a while back. Occasionally it would miss termination and I wouln’t catch it right away. Only takes a time or two and the battery is never the same. At least I think that may be what is going on. Have not had that happen since I got my MiBoxer. It is possible that the eneloops that have only been in that charger have not faced any significant degradation and that all of the under-performing cells were cooked at least once in the other charger giving me the impression that the cells just don’t hold up all that well.

My newest China EBL’s are kind of a mixed bag. No charger damage. Good numbers mostly. Couple of less than expected cells. Most performing very well for a couple of years at least. Therefore I am happy enough with them but certainly would not pay eneloop pricing for them.

Sounds like an old folk song.
Where have all the Duracells gone?
Long time leaking.
Where have all the Duracells gone?
Killed my remote, you know.
Etc. Etc…….

Found some at Rural King. There was also two charger deals. I prefer chargers that can do one battery at a time so I didn’t get one. They were not on their website. Actually a lot of things are not on their web site.

It seems I got the China made ones. Out of the box it took 36 123 138 and 144 minutes to charge at .6 amps. This ratio holds for all other charging after storage. It seems I got one good one and three leaky ones.

At first I did believe Energizer silver lithiums never leak too, but:

As to the OP, if he is referring to the Duracell nimh cells, I tend NOT to agree they are called Duraloops, for the simple fact from experience that while not one of my almost a hundred Enelooops are still working and nearly at top capacity still, quite a lot of my so-called Duraloops had already lost capacity and some are even disposed of already.

Gotta learn to shut up and buy.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No matter the brand buy made in japan rechargeables.
That ensures they are fdk.
And avoid timed chargers,chargers that only charge pairs,anything faster than 2 hour,and dumb never turns off chargers.
Only use alkaleaks in items you can toss when they inevitably leak.