Where are the button top 26650s hiding?

Can’t seem to find anyone who has button top 26650s 4000+ at a reasonable price. Is there a run on these batteries Are the vapes buying them all up?

Are button tops the ones with the smaller positive terminal

I bought some of these which have a small terminal compared to the cheap 26650s i bought

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-LiitoKala-26650-50A-5000mah-26650-Li-ion-3-7v-Rechargeable-Battery-for-Flashlight-20A/32591381104.html

Slight button top w/ protection:

Trustfire 2*26650 3.7v 5000mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery PCB Protect Board

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trustfire-2-26650-3-7v-5000mAh-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-PCB-Protect-Board-USA-/141512713077?

(Does not seem to live up to *FIRE reputation.)

Do you need a button top to fit a particular flashlight or do you need a button top to have two batteries in series make connection? If it is the latter most of my flat top 26650 IMR batteries can be used in series.

ZozzV6

The liitokalas are very flat top batteries.
They did not make contact in series.
I use magnets between them in my L6 without any issues.

I am still waiting on my ordered Liitokalas but have read they do not make contact when batteries are in series.

I now check more carefully on my 26650 battery purchases and look up height of battery and if there is a mention of the the positive terminal makes connection if used in series. Sellers like Mountain Electronics do make a comment on whether batteries can be used in series.

Seriously lads, get a nice pack of neodymium disk shaped magnets. I love my ∅8×1'5mm stash.

Also, for those of you who do not know it, these added button tops (all batteries are flat-top by design) may have higher resistance than a good big magnet.

Cheers ^:)

Regards Xandre

Yes, all those should work in series. I have never had a problem with any 26650 unless the top was pushed down at some time, usually just by a little too much tension when tightening the tail cap, when OAL of the battery compartment makes the spring compress. That will usually deform the top of a 26650 cell. It does not much at all to push the tops down on these 26650 cells. They are very thin and weak.

Measly nickel strips. For sure (relatively) high resistance.

I haven’t had a problem with any 26650 batteries in series yet, but I did have problems with one of the KeepPower 5200s in the Opus 3100 charger. One simply wouldn’t make contact on the - end. I laid the blame on a not completely shrunk wrapper. I have yet to put a heat gun to it to test my theory and probably never will. The solution was a magnet that I bought on speculation of a potential need. I don’t know if it was Barkuti who convinced me, but it wasn’t my own (lack of) expertise that did it . Yeah, noobs do read the threads and due to that I had the required parts on hand; it just made sense to have them for the small price. Due to that experience I ordered some larger diameter magnets to possibly work better in 26650s and larger cells. They’re quite inexpensive for what should be a lifetime supply.

I love this forum and the minutia that one can glean from it.

Yup!

And it seems I never stop realizing new fruitful uses for my magnets: years ago I bought 2-packs of 15-20 CR2032 and CR2016 brand name button cells each. I still have more than half of the 2016s and, just thought I may end up using them on my CR2032 powered equipment by stacking a magnet on them. LOL! :-D

I had been looking at large throwers that recommended using button tops. But after looking around I started to see that everyone is out of 26650’s. So am just curious why that is happening.