Where can I buy forward clicky C8 tailcaps?

We’re talking assembled C8 black forward clicky tailcoats?

Me too, I might be interested.

Just want to check that you’re not asking for the complete tailcap because you think you need soldering skills to change the switch?
It’d be easier to find a forward clicky switch already on a board which can be swapped in with a pair of tweezers or needle-nose pliers.

Use tweezers/pliers to unscrew retaining ring, take out old board, put in new board, screw retaining ring back in. Boom, done. (For anyone who didn’t know.)

No, I am unable to do any modding. I’d need this done ahead of time.

Simon sells a remote switch for the C8 so he probably has an excess of them. I believe he would be able to sell you assembled, but you’d have to tell him how to do it

Fair enough, then i would reach out to Simon at Convoy, maybe on this thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/54654
or PM him directly on here: https://budgetlightforum.com/user/30339 .

Or though his AliExpress store if you use that.

No, he refused.

From my experience with Simon I would say, the correct answer should have been: it cannot be done. Forward switches have a longer travel, thus are bigger, than reverse switches. The forward switch he sells does not fit in the tailcombo of the C8(plus). So if it looks like he does not want to comply, the reality is that he can not comply to your wish.
I know: same outcome, but there is an other reason than that answer might suggest.

This guy added forward switch to his c8. I believe TacGriz was also adding forward switches to his C8. maybe he can help.

I’m not familiar with modding the C8+ and don’t have one on me atm, but would this work?

Simon was able to put a Fwd clicky in the M1 for me, but I’m assuming that the tail assembly is different from the C8+ which is what makes it achievable.

Any chance the tailcaps from a P30 or L2M, etc., might fit?

Those are FCs.

Check out this video by TacGriz to see how to install one yourself.

That one definitely would NOT work. The size of the PCB of the “standard switch” on a Convoy C8 or S2 is 16mm. Maybe the 17mm version could work, but you would have to file down a bit of the PCB. The “cavity” in the retaining ring that holds the PCB (+switch) down has an internal diameter of 16.8mm.

In 15 easy steps! :slight_smile:

Its extremely easy to do if you follow the instructions in the video.

I dont change the tailcap spring either so no need to solder anything and I havent had a problem.

The vid makes it seem complicated but I did two of them in like 5 minutes, no difficult and I am no genius.

Great video. :+1: