Where do you buy your batteries?

Oh. I thought my sarcasm was clearly presented, several times in fact. Reading thoroughly will usually prevent this in most cases.

I would suggest MTN Electronics.

Badger;

Just my part Swedish ancestry coming through. I tend to take things a bit too literally at times and while I thought you were pulling legs I just wanted to verify it. I still have some UF batteries bought before I knew any better.

Well i ended up going with fasttech. I had a credit left over from a dispute last year. It ended up being $13 for 4 protected Samsung cells. Now i just wait the 45-60 days to get them. :confused:

I use illumn.com and Mountain Electronics for 18650 and 26650 batteries. I get my NiMH Eneloops from Amazon.

If the saving is $2, why the hell would anyone entertain the notion of dealing with OS and waiting, and potentially never getting items? Paypal does nothing to recover wasted time waiting etc. I understand if youre buying 20, but a couple of batteries youd have to be mad. If I lived in the US, it would be a no brainer.

It gets worse, I had mine in my hands on the other side of the planet, in under 7 days. I think they might be witches.

Are there any NIMH D size laptop pulls to be had?

I’d like more capacity than using D adapter with Eneloops but can’t see paying high dollars for something that will possibly not be heavily used.

I get my daily driver GP batteries from forum members

Hagg911, 18sixfifty and others

I bought my Pana 3400s from Mountain Electronics.

After FT does not send batteries to my country, I go with BG.

Most of mine come from BLmall or local. BLmall.com usually cost 8-12 business days for delivery

I bought a set of protected 26650 and 18650 from Mountain Electronics. The prices are comparable with overseas prices and you don’t have to wait on the slow boat from China. Mountain doesn’t sell CatchFire™ or HouseFire™ brand batteries and chargers.

The rest of my batteries came from laptop pulls.

Not that I am aware of. Laptops that used NiMH batteries are fossils! The D size Tenergy Centuras, when bought from All-Battery.com, run about the same as some 18650 batteries. That is about $8.00 each.

There is also a coupon code currently listed for 15% off everything at All-Battery thru 12/18. Code is XMAS2014. That should reduce the price to under $7.00 each. Best price I know of for true high capacity D size LSD NiMH batteries. Per some tests the Tenergy Centuras are about the best D size NiMH batteries available. I have them in several lights and lanterns.

Yeah, I got some too when I began collecting…. back when I thought a flashlight was a flashlight and a battery was a battery, haha. = ]

Going Gear.com
SB Flashlights on ebay.
Fenix Outfitters
B & H for Eneloops.

I just did a will call pick up at illumn for Keeppower 14500, 18650, 26650.
Pickup went fine.
Wish i had taken a picture of all the flashlights they had on display, seem to cover every inch of their front area.

Aside from the laptop pulls I only buy from these people. All of them have good prices and good service and no counterfeits.

RMM

CalvinIS

Banggood

The only deciding factors are how quickly I need them and who has what in stock as battery inventories are very dynamic and change by the day.

The third link above in post #36 does not work.

I don't think I'll be purchasing any more cells as I have enough to cover all my lights and still have spares to go around. When I did buy them though:

- for bulk purchases of 10 or more cells at a time, AliExpress

- KeepPower cells were purchased either from Banggood or GearBest. It depended on who had the better coupon/deal going at the time

- King Kongs (4000mAh) purchased from FastTech as they had the cheapest price any where of around $10 for a pair. They're back up to $16 a pair now

I've always purchased from Chinese based sellers simply because all the Australian/US based sellers were either too expensive (the former) or the shipping costs were high (the latter). I have yet to have an order not arrive. They simply take time. However, my last bulk purchase from AliExpress of 10 pairs of protected NCR18650BE was incorrect. I was instead sent Samsung ICR18650-30B cells. The seller did admit fault and refunded the difference in cost.

Being a fellow Aussie, this is good information, thanks.
I’ve purchased most of my batteries from cringe Banggood, are you’re right, they take a while, but get here in the end.
I also have a local seller that sells Panasonic Blazar batteries, they are NCRB’s with the nice Seiko protection on board, when I pick them up from Yass he only charges $15 each (and yes, I’m aware this is pretty expensive, but normal NCRB’s from China are usually about $11 each with a crappy protection circuit)