Where to attach small spring that comes with driver?

If I were to use a nanjing 105c, where would I attach the small spring that comes with it? Everytime I see a picture of the small spring attached, it’s on a driver with nothing on the back (See below)

Except the driver that I’m using is like this(See below)

I think the smaller one in your 2nd pic is the same thing, but just a smaller spring. I have some drivers from shiningbeam.com, and they have the single small spring like your 2nd pic, and no additional springs.

Desolder the small spring on the 105c. Then attach the larger spring upside down. The small end of the spring is a perfect fit for the pad on the 105c.

The result should look like one of these:

You could solder the spring upside down onto the existing spring. Also you could use some pliers to crimp a coil of the spring so it fits snugly onto the existing spring and solder the two together as shown below.
<a href=“http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=977331630_IMG_0133_122_223lo.JPG” target

FYI the messy soldering job was when I modded a Solarforce M3 pill.

Do you find that the smaller type spring still contacts the battery fine?

Sooo many different ways of doing this. The less I touch the better, so I’ll try just with the smaller spring already on there, but if it’s not touching the battery, I’ll desolder the old spring and put on the bigger one. I’d feel like I was putting a ton of stress on the springs if I had both on at once.

I had other problems with my mod attempt (notice, I said “attempt” :laughing:, but yes, it seems to work fine with just the original small spring. I guess the other suggestions about mounting the large spring upside-down gives you more leeway for the battery lengths.