Where to buy good quality 16340 batteries for On The Road M3 Flashlight???

Even though it is too late for me now, since I have already bought the single pack that doesnā€™t include the battery, any idea if the included OTR battery is protected or un-protected??

4pcs for $19: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-lot-Trustfire-IMR-16340-3-7V-6500mAh-real-capacity-20A-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery/32483307289.html

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Or you may want to ask Neal ssschen, the ex-Banggood employee who is doing the private Aspire 18350 battery sale; pretty sure he can do something.

(^Ģ®^)

Sorry to ā€œreviveā€ this thread, but has anyone (Barkutti? :smiley: ) tested the Trustfires IMR16340 ? Any info on these? BTW, is there any difference between button top and flat top batteries, in terms of performance?

Also, has anyone got the Pkcell ICR16340 mentioned above?

I ended up buying a 16340 flashlight and wanted to buy a couple of batteries, but wanted to get some information first.
Thanks in advance! :+1:

MascaratumB, the only relevant information I can provide right now is a rough estimation of cell internal resistance, at around 175mĪ©. Clearly not the high discharge performer the 14500 is, but it may do 3A in a good way.

Capacity untested.

Cheers

I am still waiting for the 2-pack of Lumintop Protected 650mAH 16340 cells from AliExpress.

The OTR M3 is the only 16340 flashlight I have bought, so at this stage I can't justify buying another 4 16340 batteries. Most AliExpress sellers were asking around $12-$13 shipped for 2!

Just out of curiosity, which other 16340 flashlight did you buy?

I am tempted to buy this OTR M3 clone from AliExpress. They even named it M3! I believe TheMiller was the one that initially mentioned on another thread that he ordered one to try out. I like that it has USB charging, very convenient when you are on the road and just want to bring a small torch along without having to worry about a charger too!

Yup, it was that one I bought :smiley: Actually it was me who initially mentioned that, but itā€™s irrelevant :wink: The Miller bought it and mentioned it here.
I dig AliExpress for lights regularly and found that a couple of months ago. I was tempted, them opted not to buy it and bought an Olight S1R Baton (on the way), as I wanted to have direct access to Moonlight and Turbo, and nor this Jaxmnve nor the OTR M3 have both.

But yesterday in ā€œconversationā€ with The Miller in the thread (link), I went back to this Jaxmnve and decided to bought it.

Monday the light was at 22ā‚¬ and Tuesday it went back to 11ā‚¬ (the original price I saw the first time).
So, I ordered it and now Iā€™ll probably need at least 1 or 2 16340 batteries. The light has in-built charger and The Miller mentioned that it charged his batteries till 4.19V, what is good.

Now I asked about the TF IMR and the PKcell because they were mentioned here before, but there is no much data or some relevant informationā€¦

I hope you get your cells soon so that you can play with the light :smiley:
And more than that, I hope they are good so that it can shine at full power :sunglasses:

Thanks Barkuti!! :wink:
I guess that is relevant enough, despite my great ignorance about those readings!! Hum, Iā€™m gonna risk on the Pkell, buy 2 and hope they are nice enough to the incoming flashlight :wink:
Unless others like the ā€œOn the Roadā€ are sold in any place, but I donā€™t think soā€¦

Muchas gracias :+1:

Something for a side note. The Windyfire IMR16340 600mAh cells clearly look like the TrustFires, and it also happens that the TrustFire and Windyfire IMR14500s look and had similar performance in the reviews.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Ditto!

I get my batteries from Aussie eBay seller supersports600. A big more expensive than from China options, but the 3 day delivery and customer service is worth it! He is involved with Keeppower so knows his stuff!
http://stores.ebay.com.au/supersports600

Max continuous discharge current is only listed as 2A though, which is too low for my liking. That said, I still have no idea what max discharge current is on the Lumintop 650mAH batteries I bought. Canā€™t seem to find any info in relation to this on my internet search.

Max. Continuous Discharging Current: 2C

Thanks for this info. I have saved him on my ebay profile, always good to have another reliable source of battery supplier. :smiley:

I contacted Neal about the On The Road 16340 battery.
He was surprised when i said they were one of the best (high capacity and current), ad asked for some more test results.
So iā€™m looking for test results, canā€™t remember where i saw reviews of that battery.
Maybe it was a Youtube review, iā€™ll have a look in my ā€˜watch historyā€™.
But i think it would be great if Neal could source those cells (either with or without the OTR wrapper).
Maybe you guys can help finding test results.

I recall seeing something on David Sunshine channel, in his review of the OTR M3! Canā€™t be sure (and canā€™t check now as Iā€™m not on the computer)!

Yeah, thatā€™s where i got the high capacity measurements from.
He says itā€™s 799 mAh.
But another (more recent) review i just watched says itā€™s 600mAh.
So now iā€™m not so sure anymoreā€¦ :person_facepalming:

By the way, i got 4x ā€œPKcellā€ 16340 in yesterday, they seem to hold up fairly well in the M3.
I will try to do some tests later.

These are 2 reviews that analyse the battery. The first one is about the OTR U16, and the second about the M3.
Maybe it was here youā€™ve seen it?

Also, a quick insight on the batteryā€™s voltage, in their branded charger: ENEDED .
And this post from The Miller about the capacity: Are these OTR M3 runtimes normal? - #7 by The_Miller .

Last week I sent PM to Neal asking about the same thing, about if he sells good 16340ā€™s!

To not overload him with PMs and all that stuff, if you are in contact with him, can you take care of this and them return with some answers, please?

Iā€™d be interested to get some good 16340s and of the OTR is one of the best, and he can arrange some, letā€™s do it!

Yes, please tell something about those too!
I ordered a 16340 flashlight (Jaxmnve M3, on AliExpress) and wanna buy some cells. But canā€™t be sure if the PKCell are good or if I should try the Trustfire IMR. So, if you have some insight on those, let us know please :wink:

I still use a few aw 16340ā€™s (red ones) not the best but working fine in all of my highish drain 16340 lights.

I received the two Lumintop 16340 batteries purchased from AliExpress as well a couple of days ago. Will pop them in my Liitokala Lii-500 charger to check capacity.

Lumintop 16340 batteries capacity: 676mAh & 686mAh.