Where to buy good quality 16340 batteries for On The Road M3 Flashlight???

FastTech won’t ship batteries to Australia. I created an account and tried it, and all the shipping options are greyed out with the reason listed next to each one as “- cannot ship battery cells”. The following message also comes up. Sigh………………………………

Some shipping methods are greyed out because of:
Battery Cells: TrustFire IMR16… (SKU 1804001)

I see ssschen, shipping problems. Check these out:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs-Lot-Original-TrustFire-IMR-16340-3-7V-650mAh-Li-ion-High-Drain-Rechargeable-Battery-Power/32807958403.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot-Trustfire-IMR-16340-3-7V-6500mAh-real-capacity-20A-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery/32621858873.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS-Trustfire-IMR-650mAh-16340-3-7V-High-Drain-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Lithium-Battery-For-Led/32811927128.html

And now, this just for fun: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Doublepow-3-7V-16340-Battery-1280mAh-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-Support-3A-Charging-Current-for/32823071181.html

Did they really meant Doubleblow or Halfpow? :facepalm: :-D

That surely is a fake/false claim. I remembered reading on another battery thread, that there is no 16340 batteries rated above 1000mAh

One more thing, will flat top batteries work on the OTR M3. The included OTR battery looks like a button top battery to me.

So… I guess i should have ordered the ‘full pack’, it seems…
Maybe Neal can source the OTR 16340?

The driver is springless, thus I guess a flat top won't work without some sort of modification.

:facepalm:

The Trustfire IMR seem pretty good, way better than I thought, seeing HKJ test! Thanks for sharing :+1:

I just want to mention that I have ordered 2 pieces of the Lumintop 16340 Batteries for US$7.49 shipped to Australia, using mobile AliExpress App, to try it out. I figure Lumintop makes some nice flashlights, so their batteries can’t be all that bad??

Lumintop - 2PCS 16340 RCR123A 3.7v 650mAh Lithium-ion Rechargeable Batteries

Pretty sure Lumintop does not make batteries, so it’s just a question of who’s cell it is under the wrapper.

But based on the discharge capacity numbers people report in the reviews section, these seem to be nice cells. More capacity than my Efest 700 mAh ones.

However, since they are protected, I wonder how good they are at delivering very high current. In most cases, the protection circuit limits current severely, which is why I stayed away from the protected ones.

Protected limit current delivery, but m3 flashlight does not exceed 2.5 or 2.6 amp in tail, I do not think you have problems with these batteries for that flashlight.

Sorry to say this, but I've carefully checked out most of related HKJ's 16340/RCR123 protected cell tests (Keeppower 700mAh, Klarus K-03 650mAh, Klarus LiR16340 700mAh, Nitecore NL-166 650mAh, Olight RCR123A 650mAh, Shockli 700mAh, Soshine RCR-123 700mAh, Tensai 650mAh, TrustFire 880mAh), and I have to say that some of these cells already have problems delivering 2A, and the best ones do not really make 3A very well due to voltage sag so…

Cheers

Even on AliExpress, many sellers won’t ship batteries to Australia. I was being hopeful ordering 2x Lumintop for US$7.49. If it can’t deliver the full current required to use turbo mode on the M3, I can live with it considering the cheap price I paid

The Trustfire ones you listed previously. This is the only one that will ship to Australia, but at US$14.20 delivered. At this point, I think this is too much. If anyone comes across a reliable unprotected 16340 cells for <US$10 shipped, I am happy to order!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-lot-Trustfire-IMR-16340-3-7V-6500mAh-real-capacity-20A-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery/32621858873.html

the one that ships with the light in the full pack works best for me
I hated the yellow tint in the one I bought for my wife
so I got the 1A full pack and it is a very nice vest pocket rocket

Even though it is too late for me now, since I have already bought the single pack that doesn’t include the battery, any idea if the included OTR battery is protected or un-protected??

4pcs for $19: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-lot-Trustfire-IMR-16340-3-7V-6500mAh-real-capacity-20A-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery/32483307289.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or you may want to ask Neal ssschen, the ex-Banggood employee who is doing the private Aspire 18350 battery sale; pretty sure he can do something.

(^̮^)

Sorry to “revive” this thread, but has anyone (Barkutti? :smiley: ) tested the Trustfires IMR16340 ? Any info on these? BTW, is there any difference between button top and flat top batteries, in terms of performance?

Also, has anyone got the Pkcell ICR16340 mentioned above?

I ended up buying a 16340 flashlight and wanted to buy a couple of batteries, but wanted to get some information first.
Thanks in advance! :+1:

MascaratumB, the only relevant information I can provide right now is a rough estimation of cell internal resistance, at around 175mΩ. Clearly not the high discharge performer the 14500 is, but it may do 3A in a good way.

Capacity untested.

Cheers

I am still waiting for the 2-pack of Lumintop Protected 650mAH 16340 cells from AliExpress.

The OTR M3 is the only 16340 flashlight I have bought, so at this stage I can't justify buying another 4 16340 batteries. Most AliExpress sellers were asking around $12-$13 shipped for 2!

Just out of curiosity, which other 16340 flashlight did you buy?

I am tempted to buy this OTR M3 clone from AliExpress. They even named it M3! I believe TheMiller was the one that initially mentioned on another thread that he ordered one to try out. I like that it has USB charging, very convenient when you are on the road and just want to bring a small torch along without having to worry about a charger too!

Yup, it was that one I bought :smiley: Actually it was me who initially mentioned that, but it’s irrelevant :wink: The Miller bought it and mentioned it here.
I dig AliExpress for lights regularly and found that a couple of months ago. I was tempted, them opted not to buy it and bought an Olight S1R Baton (on the way), as I wanted to have direct access to Moonlight and Turbo, and nor this Jaxmnve nor the OTR M3 have both.

But yesterday in “conversation” with The Miller in the thread (link), I went back to this Jaxmnve and decided to bought it.

Monday the light was at 22€ and Tuesday it went back to 11€ (the original price I saw the first time).
So, I ordered it and now I’ll probably need at least 1 or 2 16340 batteries. The light has in-built charger and The Miller mentioned that it charged his batteries till 4.19V, what is good.

Now I asked about the TF IMR and the PKcell because they were mentioned here before, but there is no much data or some relevant information…

I hope you get your cells soon so that you can play with the light :smiley:
And more than that, I hope they are good so that it can shine at full power :sunglasses:

Thanks Barkuti!! :wink:
I guess that is relevant enough, despite my great ignorance about those readings!! Hum, I’m gonna risk on the Pkell, buy 2 and hope they are nice enough to the incoming flashlight :wink:
Unless others like the “On the Road” are sold in any place, but I don’t think so…

Muchas gracias :+1:

Something for a side note. The Windyfire IMR16340 600mAh cells clearly look like the TrustFires, and it also happens that the TrustFire and Windyfire IMR14500s look and had similar performance in the reviews.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯