Where to buy Maglites in the USA?

I’m currently on holiday (vacation :wink: ) in Sarasota, Fl. I’d like to grab some Mags before I head home, as they are rather over priced in the UK. Anyone recommend where I will find a good selection?

I went to a Lowes this morning (in Fruitville I think or near too). They had hardly any Flashlights at all and only a Mini Mag and an XL50. So I popped down the road to Home Depot. They had a much larger selection of flashlights. But still not much from Maglite. Bit disappointed really.

I did grab a small 1AA Coast light, as these aren’t available in the UK. But I’d still really like to get a Maglite or two. Anyone able to suggest any other stores I should try?

Ideally I wanted one of the new 2C twisties.

Wal-mart has several types on the shelf. They do have the new ML25LT 2c twisties for $20.

The Maglite site has a store locator, complete with map.

Not applicable to your situation, probably, but I just noticed that there are 5,756 maglites listed on eBay. :money_mouth_face:

like the others have said - walmart and homedepot - but try a few of them. you might even be surprised by a penny deal at homedepot - Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread :slight_smile:

I don’t believe home depot carries Mag-Lite products anymore.

I go there quite often, They do have some of the AA lights, but none of the D cell sized lights anymore

Target has them also……

There’s a Target 2 blocks from my house. I refuse to go there under any conditions.

PM dchomak. He might be able to help you if there is time to ship to you before you leave.

Lowes usually keeps a few mags near the check outs. Nov and Dec Holidays they seem to really be pushin’ em.

Walmart usually has the largest selection of Maglites. Our Lowes and Home Depot usually have the mini mags.

I guess my Home Depot is still moving them out? I know I saw Maglite 3D, new 2c, some 3C, AA’s and AAA’s. Lots of the larger husky lights too.

Depends on the store manager. 2C Mag in Home Depot? Next time you are there please snap a pic of the sku. Mine sometimes has 2 and 3D but no C. Just my opinion but the C's are much nicer to use and hold.

After checking...they have them on their website...never knew that.

If BLF only knew what BLF knows :stuck_out_tongue:

Our knowledge base here is so huge it is IMPOSSIBLE to follow it all. I can’t tell you how often I come across an active thread that is relevant to me that I never even knew existed.
Home Depot recently put all their old stock Maglites on clearance. When they did, I went around to all the stores and rounded up every one I could get my hands on, close to 150 of them. Chicken Drumstick, PM me and I will see if I can help you out. I am selling these to BLFer’s at my cost plus shipping. If you are from the UK this would be a good time to get Maglites across the pond cheap.

Home Depot still carries Maglites, and the newer models seem to be selling well. Better it seems than the other big lights they carry. Here are picks of current stock, not lights that you would want to use as a host. Too expensive.

Side by side.

The light on the right is VERY interesting to me. Same length with a slightly larger head than the 3C light to it’s left, it runs on only 2C cells! Yet it claims 490 lumens. How does MagLite get 490 lumen out of an XM-L2 with only 3V?
Then there is the big Mag 3D at 625 Lumen for $39.97

Thanks for the replies. Visited one of the local Walmarts. But they only had a couple of Incan Mini Mags. It seems Sarasota isn’t an LED or Mag flashlight area. Probably going to call into a target tomorrow and take a look.

My particular home-depot sold out of clearanced mags several months back. They didn’t have any other mags. Maybe by now they have some new / different stock. I’ll be in there in the next couple of days to pick up some things so I’ll check.

Do PM Dchomak- he does great deals on these and can probably get them to you before you head home again. The prices may not be great, but independent hardware stores and if I remember right ACE Hardware stores usually have a few Maggies in stock.

Phil

You’re nutz, you know that? :wink: You should be on an episode of that couponers tv show where the women buy like 200 cans of cream of clam soup and end paying 18 cents. Only, you’d have a basement full of lawn sprinklers.

This is going to seem off topic but if any BLF members in the US have an FFL...the wholsale rags have Mags cheap. I no longer have mine but that is how I used to get them when I needed them all the time.