Where to buy side switch assembly?

Anyone know where to get a side switch assembly? I want to add a side switch to a light but I can’t find a switch enclosure anywhere. I’m looking for something like the switch on the skilhunt h02. I have a switch already. It is attatched to a 10mm PCB So I need a 10mm threaded stainless retaining ring with rubber or SS switch boot.

Anyone know of a place to get this or maybe an easy but professional looking DIY assembly?

Bump-itty…Bump-Bump

One more time. Anyone?

There were few threads about this not long ago. It seems that nobody could find any. I know I didn’t. If you manage to dig something up, please post Your results.

How would you thread the body/head for a threaded retainer? I'm pretty sure none of them use a standard thread (1mm pitch, but oddball diameters), so you won't find a tap because they don't exist. With a thread mill & CNC it would be dead simple, but if you could do that you wouldn't be asking...

Best bet is to just make one. Copy the button/press-in retainer design like the Roche F6. Making the parts from scratch would be easier than adapting a light to take a pre-made button & screw-in retainer, even if you could find one to buy.

Ok then.

If I found a place to buy them and provided they were stainless steal, I was going to order two and make a tap of one of them. Leave the hole sloppy, cut some groves cross the threads at an angle, and back it in and out to make some threads.

Comfy… You are the master at such things. Do you have any images of some switches that you have made? Do you press fit a retainer or hold it in with a pin from the inside or…?

Glue it in with epoxy.

Not sure if this helps, but here is a side type switch I have worked with before.

The components can easily be removed from that board and another driver mated with it etc, or the switch can be removed from that plate and put on a smaller one.

In this thread is one example of how it can be used.

Good lux with your project

Thanks for the links. I do have some switches like the ones in your link. The hard part is finding a button and enclosure for a light that previously didn’t have a side switch.

It’s looking like I will have to try and fabricate something with my limited imagination. :slight_smile:

I went to an estate sale today and saw a lathe. I was silently excited. It was unused and retailed for $3500. I offered $500 and he accepted my offer! Then I realize, “It’s a WOOD lathe!” My heart sank. Oh well.

It's just a press-in cap, and a captured button. How you build the underside of the button depends on the shape of the switch.

If I didn't have tools to carve the parts out of solid stock, I'd use brass tubing soldered together. The line of K&S Metals brass tubing is sized to nest into/over the next larger/smaller sizes. A long piece with a short piece inside to make a retainer with a lip at the front, and a short ring over the OD of a piece of 1/4" OD brass rod for the button.

I hate it that McMaster makes it so difficult to link to a specific category...

Go here, http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-red-metal-hollow-tubing/

Click 'Round Tubes', then '260 Brass'. The sizes for this are under 'Miniature Round Tubes—Unpolished'.

"Create telescoping tubes by fitting a tube inside the next larger size. OD tolerance is ±0.002”. Length tolerance is ±1/32”."

Ok. Thanks for the ideas. I have the thoughts going atleast:)

The K&S precision metals brass tubing is sold in many hardware stores and hobby shops in 12” lengths. Some places have larger tubes in 2-3’ lengths. Handy stuff.