Where to find S2+ colors with rubber switch?

I’ve often wondered why Simon only offers certain colors with a rubber (silicone) switch.

The last time I looked, the clear (silver) with a rubber switch was no longer available. So it appears it’s more popular than the metal switch version, or maybe there was less of them made.

I purchased all the Kaidomain colored S2+s (including the blue) and they are of very good quality. I also noticed that the blue was no longer available awhile ago. I guess it was more popular than the others.

I also thought about trying to drill through the metal switch tailcap of an S2+ flashlight to install a rubber tailcap, but when I got a purple one for my daughter years ago and took it apart, it didn’t seem feasible and never pursued it. And I haven’t seen anyone else here on BLF do it.

Just last weekend I baked a black S2+ that turned it into a coppery brown to have another color to my S2+ collection.

Here are my S2+s, minus the baked one that I’m still working on:

What a sharp looking collection, Neutral! I wish I’d known that KD had those, would have grabbed a couple for sure.

I’m afraid this may whip beam0 into a froth. lol

Thanks Correllux!

Actually of the KD colored S2+ hosts, blue is my least favorite. The pink, red, and purple have a much better color. The blue is good, but not as rich of a color as the others.

They don’t look quite as vibrant as Convoy but they look nice. I emailed them to see if they might bring back the blue…and I may have to pick up a couple of the purple while they have them. I’ve gotten into a habit of sorts gifting UV lights and I’ve always thought it would be nice to have a lighted switch. I see they have T2 hosts as well (just black).

Yes, awesome collection of glow caps! Thanks for posting!

Are any of yours the generic S2 lighted switches (blue/orange) that are widely available from convoy/aliexpress/banggood/neals?
Do the KD hosts lego head and tail threads with convoy?
I’m assuming the black one you baked is an actual convoy?

Curious too about those blue KD hosts…
I hope to get to trying my metal switch conversion this weekend, will post the results here.

Got a reply…simply said that the blue was not in stock and they didn’t elaborate any further. Got excited for a second when I saw the blue listed in their aliexpress store (LHT), but it’s not available. Maybe all that means that they’ll run another batch someday.

The blue lighted tailcap in mine is actually different than the one you can buy from Convoy. But I do have the Convoy blue one in another flashlight although with different resistors since it was too bright. I also have the orange one in a flashlight, and again I swapped out the resistors.

Yes, the KD hosts lego with the Convoy flashlights. I just tested my purple KD with a grey Convoy.

I baked the KD S2 PLUS LED FLASHLIGHT HOST. It turned out really nice. Here’s a pic next to a black S2+: